• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

The Mirror (lol I know) are reporting that Martin Skrtel has told Dalglish that he wants to leave in the Summer. Lack of Champions League football and Liverpool going nowhere are the reasons for his decision.

No quotes of course.

The Mirror (lol I know) are reporting that Martin Skrtel has told Dalglish that he wants to leave in the Summer. Lack of Champions League football and Liverpool going nowhere are the reasons for his decision.

No quotes of course.
Yeah I think that might not be true :lol

Unless they're also saying positive things about Kagawa > MUFC, In that case they know everything

No quotes of course.

Greg Stobart wrote an article on this yesterday, so it's probably true.

Kyoufu

No quotes of course.

Wonder where he'll go...

Clegg

I'm following the Kagawa stories with interest though.

SAF was at the Dortmund/Munich game so there does seem to be some genuine interest there.

GorillaJu

Skrtel leaving would be an absolutely huge blow. He's been perhaps our best player this season, and would be very difficult to replace.

I hope this is rubbish.

I'm following the Kagawa stories with interest though.

SAF was at the Dortmund/Munich game so there does seem to be some genuine interest there.
I'm not gonna lie. I've gone beyond the point of no return...I must have him.

Where's that gif Salazar posted of him...if we sign him I'm gonna post that 100 times. I promise.

Salazar

HIk5C.gif

GorillaJu

Tony Barrett ‏ @TonyBarretTimes
Don't know where the rumours suggesting Martin Skrtel has submitted a transfer request are coming from. He definitely hasn't.

Perhaps a bit too carefully worded? He may have mentioned it off the record, not with an official transfer request.

I genuinely hope Kagawa doesn't go to United. Japanese people already have pretty poor taste in teams they support.

K1LLER7

I'm not gonna lie. I've gone beyond the point of no return...I must have him.

Where's that gif Salazar posted of him...if we sign him I'm gonna post that 100 times. I promise.

but where will he play? I mean doesn't he play behind the striker, just like Rooney? I wouldn't move rooney from that position and play Welbeck up front. I've not seen much of him to know if he can play in scholes' position.

Sloosha

Perhaps a bit too carefully worded? He may have mentioned it off the record, not with an official transfer request.

I genuinely hope Kagawa doesn't go to United. Japanese people already have pretty poor taste in teams they support.

Koreans have even worse. Basically United.

elsk

Banned

He's going to Man United because of his (and japanese people) poor taste in teams :p

but where will he play? I mean doesn't he play behind the striker, just like Rooney? I wouldn't move rooney from that position and play Welbeck up front. I've not seen much of him to know if he can play in scholes' position.
Dunno. We'll figure it out.

/FMtactics

elsk

Banned

He can't, he's a pure CAM. He would suck in pretty much any other position. (I guess he could work as a false 9)

Fry

These are kind of the good problems to have, no? :p

Clegg

I have an awful feeling that SAF will try and stick Kagawa into CM. Thats if we sign him of course.

Kagawa would work best playing behind the striker. So we could see Nani and Valencia on the wings, Kagawa in the middle and Rooney playing up front.

Of course that means we're playing Rooney in a position where he doesn't always have the the best of times. And it's also relegating Welbeck/Hernandez to the bench.

I'm sure SAF has a plan in mind for Kagawa if he joins United. But for the love of God, don't play him in CM.

And stop benching Nani. He's our best winger.

Kyoufu

Looks like it's a one month ban for just being Devo really (being overly aggressive, insulting posters for no reason, acting like she was recently appointed President of Women).

This part really irritates me.

If Cabaye/Tiote are sold next month then we're going to have quite a bit of cash to spend on transfers.

I really would love to see some world class players push us to CL.

GQman2121

Banned
Berbatov is definitely leaving United this summer. I know people will disagree with me because of what he's won, and the goals his scored (against shit teams), but I feel like he's wasted what should have been the best years of his career. He was never really first choice at United, didn't really fit into Ferguson'd plans and was just used to pick off the weaker teams. I'm not saying he should have stayed at Spurs, even though that was what I would have liked at the time, but he should have gone somewhere we he would have been a key part of the side. He was too good for the role he played these last few years. He had the potential to become one of the greatest strikers in world football. But was never going to have the chance at United. And that is what disappoints me.

I agree about him wasting away there. But it does feel odd because he did bag a number of big goals and won silverware. Overall though, United didn't get their monies worth.

Clegg

I've missed all of this seasons GoT.

But I have them all recorded on Sky Plus so I'm going to binge on them when the series is finished.

Choc

Banned
so i watched the stoke game on replay

Bolton should still be in the Premier League. First goal was a foul on the keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom