• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Mexico's Santos just pulled a Manchester City by scoring two goals in two minutes at 89 in the clock. If this score remains they go to the final against Monterrey. :O

edit: and they did it HOLY FUCK

IceCold

Ah... so Nike showed the new home kits a while ago. Didn't know...

8WpTE.jpg

dJBce.png

J0otc.png

U8hWs.png

The French home/away kits are pure sex.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Mexico's Santos just pulled a Manchester City by scoring two goals in two minutes at 89 in the clock. If this score remains they go to the final against Monterrey. :O

edit: and they did it HOLY FUCK

Santos is MAN CITY DREAMIN!!!
:O!!!

alterno69

Banned
I'm happy for Santos, Tigres is a boring team to watch even tho they had the 3-0 and Lobos missed it lol. Fue oribe, fue oribe para los tigres jaja.

Zabojnik

Couldn't sleep, so I might as well annoy everybody with more photos from yesterdays' celebrations in Turin!

C_3_Media_1478889_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

festa_scudetto_juventus_del_piero_getty.jpg

Can you spot Pirlo's son? Lol ...
C_3_Media_1478914_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

553470_10150780364676227_326971266226_9999794_1026759333_n.jpg

AszmJ4RCIAAVsaa.jpg

C_3_Media_1479322_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

556280_326928004042389_153353974733127_742238_377917780_n.jpg

C_3_Media_1479521_immagine_obig.jpg

579855_329168633821531_130683840336679_817811_328353581_n.jpg

C_3_Media_1479210_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

54779841324747537555210.jpg

C_3_Media_1479469_immagine_obig.jpg

2de5b3fe9d4111e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

C_3_Media_1479535_immagine_obig.jpg

C_3_Media_1479469_immagine_obig.jpg

C_3_Media_1479508_immagine_obig.jpg

neoanarch

Santos is MAN CITY DREAMIN!!!
:O!!!

I'm happy for Santos, Tigres is a boring team to watch even tho they had the 3-0 and Lobos missed it lol. Fue oribe, fue oribe para los tigres jaja.

I can't believe I missed the entire thing. I dozed off and I couldn't record it like usual.

I need some highlights asap.

LEON is back in the primera, after 10 years and they will have a new stadium. Fantastic. I miss them and UA De G. Too bad Leones are terrible even in a 14 club league.

GorillaJu

Or Park Ji Sung, Korean NT hero.

Lol. This. When I lived in Korea I never heard the end of it. Park Ji Sung, the figure skater girl and their Olympic swimmer. And in typical Korean fashion, people seem to care about their looks more than anything.

One of my "English newspapers" I was supposed to teach the kids had a picture of those two (the swimmer and the figure skater) and it said "See? Athletes can be beautiful people too. Just like singers." /facepalm

Fry

Lol. This. When I lived in Korea I never heard the end of it. Park Ji Sung, the figure skater girl and their Olympic swimmer. And in typical Korean fashion, people seem to care about their looks more than anything.

Did he ever win anything with Korea? lol

GorillaJu

I believe they got very far in the knockout stages of the Korea/Japan hosted WC. But that was after some horrendous refereeing that would put Chelsea/Barça in the CL to shame.

The swimmer guy does quite well but when Michael Phelps is around no ones going to notice you. The figure skater is incredibly talented though.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What the fuck is up with today? Olympiakos pulled a Manchester City in the Euroleague final too. They were down 19 points with two minutes to go and ended up beating CSKA Moscow 62-61.

Sloosha

I believe they got very far in the knockout stages of the Korea/Japan hosted WC. But that was after some horrendous refereeing that would put Chelsea/Barça in the CL to shame.

The swimmer guy does quite well but when Michael Phelps is around no ones going to notice you. The figure skater is incredibly talented though.

Kim Yu-Na! That routine she did in Vancouver was amazing.

Speed skating is still the national sport though.

GorillaJu

Kim Yu-Na! That routine she did in Vancouver was amazing.

Speed skating is still the national sport though.

Right. It's it "Yon Ah"? I'll never understand the haphazard way foreign names are romanized. In Japan she's called キムヨナ (Kim Yo Na)

Not sure where Y(e)o became Yu, but I can understand moving the N from the first part to the next. Especially for Japanese where it'll sound like "Yongya" if you were to do that

GorillaJu

I've had texts from Liverpool fans giving me shit for City winning the League.

All very oblivious to the horrendous state their own club is in.

Lol come now if the roles were reversed it'd be the exact same thing. Maybe you wouldn't be the one doing it, but generally speaking, Utd fans and Liverpool fans are just as vicious to each other. Of course it was more true when they were actually competing with each other for the league.

Clegg

I'm finished Uni for the summer but my sleep patterns are all fucked up. Should have gone to sleep hours ago but I don't feel tired. I'll probably fall asleep at 6am and not wake up until the afternoon.

It also doesn't help that my mates are still doing exams in different subjects. I have absolutely nothing to do and nowhere to go until everyone is finished.

So bored.

Meier

I don't really understand why a liverpool fan would get that emotional about it, but maybe that's just me. It was great to watch as a neutral

Well, Liverpool fans obviously hate ManU -- I love seeing teams I hate lose too. The Vince Young winning run over USC resulted in a similar reaction from me all those years back.

For the non-Americans.. one of the most famous plays in American college football in the past decade or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8zZRBTOcnY

Fry

I've started watching Breaking Bad. Seems good so far.

The wife is a bit cold though. isn't she?

Well there you go, you've started watching one of the best shows ever. Which season/episode are you on?

Yes, the wife is the low point of the show most of the time. :p But I actually like her, unlike most people.

MPW

I don't really understand why a liverpool fan would get that emotional about it, but maybe that's just me. It was great to watch as a neutral

man utd would be the first to reach 20 titles, 2 more than pool iirc

last thing pool fans want is man utd winning epl while pool can't even make it to europa league

Clegg

Well there you go, you've started watching one of the best shows ever. Which season/episode are you on?

Yes, the wife is the low point of the show most of the time. :p But I actually like her, unlike most people.

6th episode of the first season.

Going to watch the finale tomorrow.

Sloosha

Right. It's it "Yon Ah"? I'll never understand the haphazard way foreign names are romanized. In Japan she's called キムヨナ (Kim Yo Na)

Not sure where Y(e)o became Yu, but I can understand moving the N from the first part to the next. Especially for Japanese where it'll sound like "Yongya" if you were to do that

You're right: 김연아

I wish I knew more Korean. Mum messed up in that regard.

bjaelke

Congratulations City/dc/manager.

Had a terrible Sunday. Hoping that going through this thread will cheer me up. Was on page 105 yesterday and now we're on page 137. I imagine a lot of salt and tears in between. Don't let me down.

Lightning

Banned
Oh and Wenger better do something about why we are so shit everytime Arteta doesn't play. West Brom was our only win this season in the league without Arteta and we only got that because we encountered Fulop but that really needs to change. When Arteta's not running things we really pay a price in that midfield of ours and that's just not right for an Arsenal side. If we want to play a possession, passing style football we must have more players than just Arteta capable of doing it.

And thank you Chelsea loaning us Benayoun for the season as he has been fantastic during a hectic period for us. I wish Wenger played him earlier in the season, he's been great.

Sloosha

I've not had much of a problem with Skylar, though I'm only midway through the second season. She was alright in Deadwood though.

Clegg

Congratulations City/dc/manager.

Had a terrible Sunday. Hoping that going through this thread will cheer me up. Was on page 105 yesterday and now we're on page 137. I imagine a lot of salt and tears in between. Don't let me down.

Not really.

There was a disappointing lack of doicare.

I'm finished Uni for the summer but my sleep patterns are all fucked up. Should have gone to sleep hours ago but I don't feel tired. I'll probably fall asleep at 6am and not wake up until the afternoon.

It also doesn't help that my mates are still doing exams in different subjects. I have absolutely nothing to do and nowhere to go until everyone is finished.

So bored.
Lucky. I don't finish until June 1st. Kinda looking forwards to it, but gutted too cos that's me graduating, hopefully!

Can't wait for the summer. So much sport and going to NYC.

Clegg

Lucky. I don't finish until June 1st. Kinda looking forwards to it, but gutted too cos that's me graduating, hopefully!

Can't wait for the summer. So much sport and going to NYC.

I still have a 2 years left of my degree. Don't even want to think about what I'll do after that.

Have you ever been to NYC before? The place is bloody amazing.

Reality lived up to Sky hyperbole. I don't know where we go from here.
You mean in terms of hype? Or where United go from here?

I still have a 2 years left of my degree. Don't even want to think about what I'll do after that.

Have you ever been to NYC before? The place is bloody amazing.
Nope first time! Super excited. It'll be one week when I don't give a shit about transfers this summer! I think I'll be there during the finals of the Euro's actually.

Blablurn

I don't want it to come. I'm too scared.
At this point i just wanna see us fighting. And not giving up like we did some days ago. I think chelsea is way more dangerous than many people in germany think. Mata and drogba should be the players to watch. Its gonna be fucking interesting. And i hope that torres will stay on the bench. I have a bad feeling about him. Im afraid he could return to his 2008 form when he sees lahm im the defense agaim :D

choodi

Banned
I'll be in NYC on holidays during the quarter and semi finals of the Euros too. I will be in San Francisco for the final though

elsk

Banned
At this point i just wanna see us fighting. And not giving up like we did some days ago. I think chelsea is way more dangerous than many people in germany think. Mata and drogba should be the players to watch. Its gonna be fucking interesting. And i hope that torres will stay on the bench. I have a bad feeling about him. Im afraid he could return to his 2008 form when he sees lahm im the defense agaim :D

Sshhhhhh!
I trust the lads to do good. I'm only worried about Tymo as CB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom