• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

You mean in terms of hype? Or where United go from here?

Nope first time! Super excited. It'll be one week when I don't give a shit about transfers this summer! I think I'll be there during the finals of the Euro's actually.

You'll love it. Been there twice and can't wait to go again.

And you'll be on your phone, checking the internet every 3 hours for transfer news.

You won't be able to help yourself.

Blablurn

Sshhhhhh!
I trust the lads to do good. I'm only worried about Tymo as CB...

I have actually a pretty good feeling about him. Im more comcerned about contento :s but hey, we just need one good performance from both of them. Is this too much to ask for? I just hope that ribery and robben will show up their a game. And maybe one more gomez stumble goal.

feel

Was away all day, knew City had won and become champions, but just now am I seeing the highlights and realizing what went down..

HOLY FUCKING SHIT :O

What a way to win it, congrats City-GAF.

Salazar

You mean in terms of hype? Or where United go from here?

I think we'll be fine. It annoys me how easily average sides move the ball through the middle against us. Sometimes it is tactical dropping off, but sometimes I think we don't make it nearly difficult enough.

elsk

Banned
I have actually a pretty good feeling about him. Im more comcerned about contento :s but hey, we just need one good performance from both of them. Is this too much to ask for? I just hope that ribery and robben will show up their a game. And maybe one more gomez stumble goal.

Kind of shitty: they are the left back and left central back. I trust in Contento, tbh, he was a very solid left back in the LvG era.

And I'm not sure about giving van Buyten a go :p he (and Micho) costed us the last final.

Blablurn

Kind of shitty: they are the left back and left central back. I trust in Contento, tbh, he was a very solid left back in the LvG era.

And I'm not sure about giving van Buyten a go :p he (and Micho) costed us the last final.

There is no way van buyten is going to play. Heynckes cannot be that stupid lol. Fuck, this will be a long week.

Congrats to all the City fans here.

fuck you Joey Barton, you stupid cunt.

In the end though, the EPL was ours to win if we kept our consistency and we didn't. So no point blaming others for not doing our job for us.

elsk

Banned
Hahaha :/ oh man, we really need a improved defense for next year. And more players who compete with robben, gomez and ribery.

I actually like what Jupp did to our defense, it's quite solid despite being the same shaky defenders from last seasons... but yeah we surely can use Dante next season! It wouldn't hurt to bring a new LB (experienced one) to rotate with Alaba (if Contento leaves, of course).

Anyway, I think Ribéry is having a great season I'm not worried about him. But Mueller, Robben are very worrying, I don't know if Jupp tactics make them suck or is just them being out of form all this season. I'm hoping to see the old Robben and Mueller back after the Euro matches... And we really need a new striker to compete for the starting role. Giroud looks good.

dc89

Some silly statements are being made following the game.

Make no mistake, at £6 million, Vincent Kompany is arguably the best transfer market buy of all time. By leading Manchester City to the title this season, he has shown why he is on course to become the best defender of the Premier League era.
Alan Hansen - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...t-buy-of-all-and-he-will-only-get-better.html

vin-Komapny_2218407b.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So it looks likely that pogba's leaving, probably for Juve. Yurt must be happy having Pogba and Vidal in the midfield.

Meh, I only want Verratti. I don't care about anyone else!
Couldn't sleep, so I might as well annoy everybody with more photos from yesterdays' celebrations in Turin!

C_3_Media_1478889_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

festa_scudetto_juventus_del_piero_getty.jpg

Can you spot Pirlo's son? Lol ...
C_3_Media_1478914_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

553470_10150780364676227_326971266226_9999794_1026759333_n.jpg

AszmJ4RCIAAVsaa.jpg

C_3_Media_1479322_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

556280_326928004042389_153353974733127_742238_377917780_n.jpg

C_3_Media_1479521_immagine_obig.jpg

579855_329168633821531_130683840336679_817811_328353581_n.jpg

C_3_Media_1479210_immagine_ts673_400.jpg

54779841324747537555210.jpg

C_3_Media_1479469_immagine_obig.jpg

2de5b3fe9d4111e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

C_3_Media_1479535_immagine_obig.jpg

C_3_Media_1479469_immagine_obig.jpg

C_3_Media_1479508_immagine_obig.jpg

Quoting this.

Muntari 30 is brilliant haha!

dc89 said:
Make no mistake, at £6 million, Vincent Kompany is arguably the best transfer market buy of all time. By leading Manchester City to the title this season, he has shown why he is on course to become the best defender of the Premier League era

Pirlo was free.

CheckmateD.jpg

dc89

If you guys can tune in to TalkSPORT in 20 minutes or so. QPR owner Tony Fernandez is on and no doubt they'll be grilling hm over Barton and his Twitter comments about trying to get a City player sent off.

I hope he's whacked with a massive ban Barton. He used to be one of City's better footballers at the time, but still they cut him loose cause of the dickery he did.

Majora

Some silly statements are being made following the game.

Alan Hansen - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...t-buy-of-all-and-he-will-only-get-better.html

vin-Komapny_2218407b.jpg

Yeah this is just silly. Vidic cost United 7 million and has been an instrumental player in 4 league wins and a CL victory in the past 7 years. Kompany is a great defender but to say he's the best transfer buy ever because of one title is serious hyperbole.

Looking further back, who could put a price on what Cantona brought to United? People forget that, in the first Premier League Season, United actually made a pretty shitty start. Cantona was brought in and the rest is history. Ronaldo for 12 million was an absolute bargain with hindsight as well.

Not doing down Kompany at all but I think Hansen has gotten a bit over-excited.

Kicker says that beside Bayern, also BVB and Schalke are in for Pizarro.

I wouldn't mind him at all, he could be striker number 2 for two years until Boyd or (mainly) Ducksch are old enough to get in the first team. I'd prefer someone like Guidetti, though, if we could manage to get a young striker like him for a good price.

dc89

LOL Tony Hernandes when asked what he thought about Barton - 'let it all calm down first, then we'll assess it'

I'm not expecting him to slaughter him but jeez.

Zabojnik

Meh, I only want Verratti. I don't care about anyone else!

Obviously it'll never happen and Verratti will go to Inter and score the decisive goal against us in a future CL final. But imagine for a second if ... he's about the same age Del Piero was when he came to Juve ... him too we bought from a Serie B team ... and he's a bianconero, same as Alex was way before he joined the Old Lady. A man can dream.

snoopen

00047313-leadimage.jpg

Mustafa Amini is about to embark on the football journey of a lifetime, not bad for a 19-year-old from Sydney’s Western Suburbs, who grew up on a diet of dreams and is now making them come true.

Almost as quickly as he was plucked from the AIS program by then Central Coast Mariners coach Lawrie McKinna, Amini made a name for himself and attracted the interest of current Bundesliga champions and European giants Borussia Dortmund, where he will join another future Socceroo in Mitch Langerak.

And for Amini’s part he still has to pinch himself a little, just to make sure he’s not dreaming, but here’s the reality.

At 19 he is joining the reigning German champs, German Cup winners and a UEFA Champions League club, not bad for someone who has played just 40 games in the Hyundai A-League.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/Amini-on-course-for-Dortmund/47313

quite a few Aussies going abroad now.. so exciting.

Zabojnik

http://video.gazzetta.it/alla-fine-...nchester/607c3b2e-9d34-11e1-b977-93bc823fccd6

A video of the fans who left early who stood outside and heard the roars.

Plastic fans? :p Seriously though, such an amazing afternoon yesterday. I'm happy for all who got to savour it live, minute after minute. I'll never forget it, can't imagine what it must feel like to be a true City fan right now. I mean, I guess I actually can imagine it, since I was alive and kicking on the legendary 5th of may 2002. :D

Nothing quite like a last minute win of such importance.

CAPITANOOOOOOOOOO

Okay guys I'm done crying now, I'm done crying, I'm done----

WAAAAHHhhHhhhHHHHHHH

Ale <3

182.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
maygaz14.jpeg

tutmay14.jpeg

cormay14.jpeg

Matri looks like an ugly lesbian :p

The most beautiful ugly lesbian!

1000x.jpg

Obviously it'll never happen and Verratti will go to Inter and score the decisive goal against us in a future CL final. But imagine for a second if ... he's about the same age Del Piero was when he came to Juve ... him too we bought from a Serie B team ... and he's a bianconero, same as Alex was way before he joined the Old Lady. A man can dream.

I'm convinced. He can wear nu......too soon :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom