• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Screw the DS. Get Diablo 2 LOD and start looting.

bjaelke pls

d3 comes out in 7 hours, fuck diablo 2 it is old hat

i have never played it and I have no idea why I'm so excited for D3.

jbmw2a0FlSugpH.jpg

bjaelke

Is it a dungeon crawler like Skyrim or is it harder to navigate? I saw a screen of it and I was confused

It's top-down with a fixed camera much like a strategy game but you only control one character. Medieval setting with loads of demons. It's basically all the items that keep players interested.
bjaelke pls

d3 comes out in 7 hours, fuck diablo 2 it is old hat

i have never played it and I have no idea why I'm so excited for D3.

jbmw2a0FlSugpH.jpg
That's plenty of time to level that amazon!

TeegsD

I might be a heathen but I'm totally skipping Diablo 3 for at least a few months and sticking with Torchlight 2. Already pre-ordered it and hoping to get into the beta

Wilbur

Banned
It defined the loot-grabbing, dungeon crawling genre.

It's top-down with a fixed camera much like a strategy game but you only control one character. Medieval setting with loads of demons. It's basically all the items that keep players interested.

That's plenty of time to level that amazon!

Sounds good but I don't really like playing games on the computer except for FM, plus I only have a rather slow Mac laptop. Looks like I'll never know its wonders.

Wes

venison crêpe
Whilst Lambert or Martinez would no doubt be an improvement, I'd like to bring someone in from the continent. At least, has a continental (read: different to what we've had to endure this past year) approach to setting up a team.

There are plenty of sacked managers I would gladly welcome; Van Gaal. AVB. Ranieri. Benitez.

Why not at least ask them?

Wilbur

Banned
Whilst Lambert or Martinez would no doubt be an improvement, I'd like to bring someone in from the continent. At least, has a continental (read: different to what we've had to endure this past year) approach to setting up a team.

There are plenty of sacked managers I would gladly welcome; Van Gaal. AVB. Ranieri. Benitez.

I agree. Unlikely they would take it (especially in Van Gaal's case) but there's no harm in trying. Thing is, with Lerner cutting costs drastically, reckon he'll renege on that to get a top manager?

Moobabe

I agree. Unlikely they would take it (especially in Van Gaal's case) but there's no harm in trying. Thing is, with Lerner cutting costs drastically, reckon he'll renege on that to get a top manager?

I always assumed Villa were in a decent financial position; they produce a lot of their own players and have sold Young, Milner and Downing for big money. I don't how these clubs get themselves into so much trouble; one can only assume it's the wages?

Wes

venison crêpe

Yep. He's seen the price you pay for having a "cheap" manager who is fine with cutting costs - you end up losing on the field and revenue via the fans.

We need someone who can motivate and improve our scouting network. It's a shame Houllier was ill.

elsk

Banned
Yep. He's seen the price you pay for having a "cheap" manager who is fine with cutting costs - you end up losing on the field and revenue via the fans.

We need someone who can motivate and improve our scouting network. It's a shame Houllier was ill.

van Gaal is all about the youth academy. Forget about signing players.

Yen

If I were Benitez, I would not take the Villa job purely because I had already been rejected by them, in favour of Alex McLeish.

rodvik

Not over Lambert or Martinez (or Pep, AVB, and Benitez)

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Aston+Villa/Alex+McLeish

Good-bye!
Good-bye!
Good-bye!
Good-bye!
Good-bye!
Good-bye!
Good-bye!
Good-bye!
Good-bye!Good-bye!

He is GONE! Thank god. Our club has been the league laughing stock this year. Lets hope Lerner gets i a good one this time.

It's the glamour ties in the frozen Scandinavian wastes and deep dark former communist bloc countries that get me excited about the Europa League!!! ;)

But what is it that makes you think he has the ability to improve your league position?

His signings have ultimately all proven to be flops (so you can't really expect him to make a decisive signing that is going to transform your team), he has proven to be tactically inept in this modern game, and there is only so much his status as a "club legend" can do to motivate the team.

Realistically, where do you expect to finish next season under Kenny?

I think we'll do better next season in the league. We have to, the players we have aren't great, but they're better than they've shown this season. Hopefully Lucas will be close to his previous form when he comes back, and he's one of our most imoportant players, and the player with the hugest gap between him and his replacement, as was painfully evident in the FA Cup final.

But while I think we'll be better next season, I still don;t think we'll be good enough, especially considering the fuck-up that this transfer window is likely to be, even more-so with Kenny at the helm. I think we'll be out of the race for 4th by February, and end up 6th or so, which would lead to an even worse summer and leave us even further from 4th by August 2013 as our decent players finally run out of patience.

Empty

love seeing shit managers get fired. i remember seeing a list of the best paid managers in football a few months ago and mcleish being on it ahead of conte.

rodvik

love seeing shit managers get fired. i remember seeing a list of the best paid managers in football a few months ago and mcleish being on it ahead of conte.

Would be a much, much better appointment than McLeish was.

I am so happy. Might be a good bloke but it wasnt a fit.

I REALLY want us to get an exciting attacking manager this time who understands possession style football.

Really worried if we get a plodder who is a "safe" pair of hands.

Bumhead

Banned
I REALLY want us to get an exciting attacking manager this time who understands possession style football.

Really worried if we get a plodder who is a "safe" pair of hands.

Haha, perhaps not Megson then.

Villa are in an interesting position. If they suddenly decide they want to start backing managers with the cash necessary to turn them back into a decent side then it'll be interesting to see who they appoint. If this seasons struggle and continued lack of investment is going to be the status quo then there are a ton of managers out there who would be a worse appointment than Megson.

offshore

"The FA has today [Monday 14 May] charged Queens Park Rangers midfielder Joey Barton in relation to two acts of alleged violent conduct during Sunday’s match against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium.

Following the player’s dismissal in the 54th minute of the fixture, there followed two incidents involving Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany. As Barton had already been dismissed, both of these incidents fell outside of the jurisdiction of the referee.

Barton has until 6pm on Tuesday 15 May to respond to the charges."

Mini-Fadypost Incoming

Also Diablo is 1000x funnier if you have friends. Just saying.

Agreed. I won't be touching the game with GAFfers, at least at first.

I think my dream scenario is Andre Villa-Boas. Even more than getting Pep. I'd also welcome interest from any of the guys you've listed. I don't think Martinez or Lambert would be bad choices though, but considering we just endured McLeish, just about anyone would be an upgrade. Can we get Clough?

I think Houllier would have come good if he didn't need to depart because of his health. I liked what he was doing even if the players were resisting. Getting a manager from the continent would probably help with improving our scouting network. Does Holman have the option to back out of the transfer now that McLeish is gone? I did think he would help our team.

van Gaal is all about the youth academy. Forget about signing players.

Wonderful, our academy is great :D

Woodenlung's is my favorite I think.

Feorax

See the rumours about us looking at Drenthe have resurfaced again.

Regardless of views on Suarez, given what has been said about a remarkably similar incident with Messi recently, can anyone REALLY see that happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom