• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
As3tppxCEAAbVX5.jpg:large

Fuck yeaa! He will play with number 6 =)

elseanio

9 games I would think. All 3 would be violent conduct.

He's only been charged twice I thought? Tevez and Aguero incidents. He will get extra bans for it being his 2nd and 3rd offence, though.. so 9 games seems likely anyway

edit* Never mind, reading fail. Is it 4 games for his red card, then whatever for the other two incidents then?

doicare

I would like to this opportunity to be the first person to congratulate Man City on winning the premier league by golf clapping them for being able to beat Manchester United on goal difference in the last minute of the final game with almost the last kick of the game whilst going nearly the entire season without any major injuries unlike your main title rivals who had the worst injury list in the entire league, by spending more money then anybody else and assembling a squad that breaks all financial fair play rules and by having more bad refereeing decisions go your way which won you points you shouldn't have got, congratulations Man City you really deserve it.

:)

bjaelke

I would like to this opportunity to be the first person to congratulate Man City on winning the premier league by golf clapping them for being able to beat Manchester United on goal difference in the last minute of the final game with almost the last kick of the game whilst going nearly the entire season without any major injuries unlike your main title rivals who had the worst injury list in the entire league, by spending more money then anybody else and assembling a squad that breaks all financial fair play rules and by having more bad refereeing decisions go your way which won you points you shouldn't have got, congratulations Man City you really deserve it.

Well paid, City. Well paid.

Wilbur

Banned

I really hope you're a Kermit alt

confuziz

Banned

Then don't pick grandpas for your squad.

Keio

For a Finer World
Guardian has now the voting open for the Best and Worst of the Season.

Click here to vote!

The Guardian said:
The 2011-12 Premier League season is over. Now it's time to choose the most spectacular goal, biggest flop and best signing, and seven other categories. Our writers nominated some contenders, you chose more, and here are the final shortlists to vote on...

operon

city-team_2218500b.jpg

You made their day

Az

I love you.

Hixx

He's only been charged twice I thought? Tevez and Aguero incidents. He will get extra bans for it being his 2nd and 3rd offence, though.. so 9 games seems likely anyway

edit* Never mind, reading fail. Is it 4 games for his red card, then whatever for the other two incidents then?

Completely forgot about that. So it could be 4+5+6... 15 games! If he's found guilty, of course...

Kyoufu

Truce it is then.

I really like Newcastle and this season they did prove they are great, but some of their fans are just getting under my skin
Kyoufu and his stupidity
. But fair play to you and Carbonix.

Good luck next season in Europe, Make sure you bring enough ammunition to bring down Molde in teh Europa League.

Yes please go ahead and mock a competition your club is not qualified for. That will help you sleep at night.

And getting under your skin wasn't hard at all. Yours is pretty thin if a Newcastle fan managed it.

TeegsD

Paulo Bento is set to announce the squad for the Euro in about an hour and a half. I really hope we have some good young players added in. It should be interesting.

Parma President Tommaso Ghirardi: "“How much is Giovinco worth? I ask you if he is worth any less than Javier Pastore or Alexis Sanchez?” Ghirardi responded.

Pastore left Palermo for Paris Saint-Germain last summer for €43m, while Barcelona netted Sanchez for an initial €26m – but that figure could eventually rise to €37.5m

Uh... LOL?

He's not even worth £15 at the moment. Nice try, Parma.

iMozduYwBFmW8.gif

Well done.
clap.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Parma President Tommaso Ghirardi: "“How much is Giovinco worth? I ask you if he is worth any less than Javier Pastore or Alexis Sanchez?” Ghirardi responded.

Pastore left Palermo for Paris Saint-Germain last summer for €43m, while Barcelona netted Sanchez for an initial €26m – but that figure could eventually rise to €37.5m

Uh... LOL?

He's not even worth £15 at the moment. Nice try, Parma.
Oh alright, we'll take 40m then.

Meier

This goes without saying..

cartman_tears.gif

faridmon

Yes please go ahead and mock a competition your club is not qualified for. That will help you sleep at night.

And getting under your skin wasn't hard at all. Yours is pretty thin if a Newcastle fan managed it.
Mocking it? I am not. If you think that Molde is easy to get passed, then you, my sir, are myopic in vision. Also, we have been there and done that while you were down there with piss teams like Coventry. We have been above and better than you forever. So yes, when an insolent vermin like you crawl on my skin, it’s very irritating more than anything else, we have beaten you, showing you who are superior while you have been molested earlier by a team we have beaten (Man City).

Enjoy it while it last, and while you are at it: Cry moar!

I am gonna borrow this Meirer!
Nikica-Jelavic-celebrates-008.jpg

cartman_tears.gif

We even have better goal difference. Bloody Hell! If you act like a cunt by these stats, then you have a short straw to grasp on!

Valencia
Anderson
Cleverley
Young
Nani
Hernandez
Lindegaard
Smalling
Vidic
Jones
Evans

Are grandpas?

No, they are just always injured.

kharma45

i7vXHjQbZN30X.gif

Labadal

malouda is going to miss the final as well :-o

That's a bonus for Chelsea!

Anyway, I was working as usual, went out for lunch break, when the kids asked me to join one of the teams because there were only 9 of them. I started out as a goalkeeper, but then played a bit as a defender. Some of the kids have real talent wich makes me sad in a way. I live in a place with mostly immigrants, and let us just say that the area doesn't have the best reputation. What makes me sad is that these kids won't get a real chance to show what they can. Some of them will most certainly go down the wrong path ( I know there are 12/13 year olds that do drugs, and it fucking breaks my heart), and hopefully a few will at least play for the local team when they grow up. Some of them have great vision and don't just dribble the ball from one end to the other. They actually try to play the ball into the net, with some dribbles here and there. At first they were all egoistic, but after telling them over and over again that technique alone isn't the way, they are finally starting to play some good football for their age. There is a cup for all the schools around the city and I'll be coaching one of our classes (10-11 year olds) because they asked me if I was interested and they have trust in me. Not because I'm a good coach or anything, it's all about my background. They see me as one of them. I'm an immigrant myself and went to the same school. I know most of their elder siblings too, and some of them have done fairly well for themselves.

I'm really strict with the kids, both in the class room and when they are on breaks. Sometimes I really have to show them who's boss, but most of the time they are great. I joke with them a lot, too. They often say that they love having me around and that they won't come to school if I quit. It warms my heart, but I also tell them that if they quit school, I'll beat them up. It really feels like the best place to work. Hell, sometimes they spontaneously come over to me and hug me. And if I have to yell at them ( sometimes I scare them shitless and make them cry), they later come to me and apologize, and we talk about what they did wrong. The hardest part is trying to get them interested in studying. They're really smart when they put their mind to it. Some of the kids are far ahead of the schedule we plan for the semester and we give them extra (more difficult) assignments. Some of them are smart, but are not very good at reading. There's a kid that's a fucking genius when it comes to math, but he can't read well, so I help him out a lot. I also talk to their real football coaches, and tell them how they behave in school if they have a bad period. He'll give them some shit over there too.

From over 150 kids from the ages of 6-12, there are a maximum of 10 Swedish kids. We have kids from all over the world, Syria, Iraq, Somalia, Lebanon, Albania, Bosnia, Russia, Poland and more. It's a great diversity, but I can't help but feel that they aren't getting integrated into the Swedish soceity in a proper way. When I was in school, the Swedish kids were still in the majority. It has created a mentality that makes me sad. It's "we" and "them", wich doesn't bode well for the future. I'll just have to keep working hard, and teach them what I can both when it comes to actual school work and how to be good people outside of school.

(Excuse my poor English.)

Labadal

Nice post mate.

Teaching seems so incredibly satisfying.

I'm trying to teach them to become Liverpool fans. Unfortunately, the way we played this season, I have had a hard time. Most of them support Real or Barca. One kid supports Chelsea and surprisingly, there are a few Roma fans.

Who is to blame?

leon-stansfield-everyone.gif

DutchGAF, do you feel Seedorf doesn't receive as much credit as he should? I certainly do. The man has been a terrific football player but is either ignored or put in bad daylight by (the media in) our country. The dude is much better than Strootman (who I've personally played with btw :p) but isn't even mentionned for our national team. Seedorf deserves much more credit!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Salty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom