• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bonus for Chelsea!

Anyway, I was working as usual, went out for lunch break, when the kids asked me to join one of the teams because there were only 9 of them. I started out as a goalkeeper, but then played a bit as a defender. Some of the kids have real talent wich makes me sad in a way. I live in a place with mostly immigrants, and let us just say that the area doesn't have the best reputation. What makes me sad is that these kids won't get a real chance to show what they can. Some of them will most certainly go down the wrong path ( I know there are 12/13 year olds that do drugs, and it fucking breaks my heart), and hopefully a few will at least play for the local team when they grow up. Some of them have great vision and don't just dribble the ball from one end to the other. They actually try to play the ball into the net, with some dribbles here and there. At first they were all egoistic, but after telling them over and over again that technique alone isn't the way, they are finally starting to play some good football for their age. There is a cup for all the schools around the city and I'll be coaching one of our classes (10-11 year olds) because they asked me if I was interested and they have trust in me. Not because I'm a good coach or anything, it's all about my background. They see me as one of them. I'm an immigrant myself and went to the same school. I know most of their elder siblings too, and some of them have done fairly well for themselves.

I'm really strict with the kids, both in the class room and when they are on breaks. Sometimes I really have to show them who's boss, but most of the time they are great. I joke with them a lot, too. They often say that they love having me around and that they won't come to school if I quit. It warms my heart, but I also tell them that if they quit school, I'll beat them up. It really feels like the best place to work. Hell, sometimes they spontaneously come over to me and hug me. And if I have to yell at them ( sometimes I scare them shitless and make them cry), they later come to me and apologize, and we talk about what they did wrong. The hardest part is trying to get them interested in studying. They're really smart when they put their mind to it. Some of the kids are far ahead of the schedule we plan for the semester and we give them extra (more difficult) assignments. Some of them are smart, but are not very good at reading. There's a kid that's a fucking genius when it comes to math, but he can't read well, so I help him out a lot. I also talk to their real football coaches, and tell them how they behave in school if they have a bad period. He'll give them some shit over there too.

From over 150 kids from the ages of 6-12, there are a maximum of 10 Swedish kids. We have kids from all over the world, Syria, Iraq, Somalia, Lebanon, Albania, Bosnia, Russia, Poland and more. It's a great diversity, but I can't help but feel that they aren't getting integrated into the Swedish soceity in a proper way. When I was in school, the Swedish kids were still in the majority. It has created a mentality that makes me sad. It's "we" and "them", wich doesn't bode well for the future. I'll just have to keep working hard, and teach them what I can both when it comes to actual school work and how to be good people outside of school.

(Excuse my poor English.)
You're doing something amazing and I know for sure that I would never have the patience to stick with the, more annoying, children. I would've given up on them for sure. Keep up the good work man. I truly hope that you'll make a difference for some of these kids. I know what "having the wrong friends" can lead to and especially immigrants can easily fall down the hole of crime and/or drug abuse. But hey, they're still young so have a good time with them and win that cup ;)

Oh and keep us posted! Would love to see some updates if you don't mind.

So, SKY Germany is going to have an interview with Zorc tomorrow (our sports manager), but the details supposedly already leaked. Kagawa has refused the last offer to extend his contract and SKY or Bild or whatever is sure that his transfer to Utd is going to be officially declared soon.

ENJOY Mancs and please stop fucking with the mind of some of our other player, thxbye

Kagawa All goals and assists 11/12

Kagawa All goals 2010/2011

I already came to terms with his departure. Our attacking midfield ist stacked as is and we're still getting freaking Reus (18/12 this season, lol) + some the biggest OM talents in Germany (Bittencourt) & Australia (Amini).

Next transfer candidate:
Rafal Wolski - biggest Polish talent atm.

Meier

During the parade coverage they showed the replay of Nasri's mistake on letting it go out and the decision to give QPR the ball. I honestly didn't quite even remember what happened next to get us the ball.. it was just an absolute blur. All I could do was type OMG AGUERO.

Empty

cool post labadal. i love hearing teachers talk about their work. always been interested in teaching, not sure if i have the aptitude to do it though.

faridmon

DutchGAF, do you feel Seedorf doesn't receive as much credit as he should? I certainly do. The man has been a terrific football player but is either ignored or put in bad daylight by (the media in) our country. The dude is much better than Strootman (who I've personally played with btw :p) but isn't even mentionned for our national team. Seedorf deserves much more credit!

But isn't he fairly old. This might explain everything, the same reason why Van Nistelroy and Van Bummel aren't getting as much attention as they used to be. The guy is legend, but from what I have seen him play for Milan this season, he have been poor and he is losing the things that mad him such as great footballer.

But isn't he fairly old. This might explain everything, the same reason why Van Nistelroy and Van Bummel aren't getting as much attention as they used to be. The guy is legend, but from what I have seen him play for Milan this season, he have been poor and he is losing the things that mad him such as great footballer.

He's 36, which is indeed concidered old. But unlike Van Nistelrooy, he's still fit. Van Nistelrooy is worn out, depleted, over. Seedorf still has fight left in 'm and I beleive his unusual play this season is due to his injuries and playing rythm.

faridmon

He's 36, which is indeed concidered old. But unlike Van Nistelrooy, he's still fit. Van Nistelrooy is worn out, depleted, over. Seedorf still has fight left in 'm and I beleive his unusual play this season is due to his injuries and playing rythm.

But Surely Holland want the new generation to come through and start playing competetivaly rather than deploy the old generation and hoping for the best. there many Dutch-Gaffers that can give you better reasoning, but I am sure that I am fairly confident that promoting the old hounds would not be ideal for Hollands prespective in Euros.

And the fact that he had injuries, strengthen the notion of not playing him at all in the international side of tournaments.

Rooney on FB said:
"Congratulations to all involved with Manchester City they have won the best and hardest league in the world and deserve credit for that.

Still gutted today as any Manchester United team should be, we have given our all but unfortunately come up short on goal difference alone.

This season we have had to cope with a number of long term injuries to important players and I think it speaks well for the future that the squad has pushed this title race to the last 60 seconds of the last game of the season.

PROUD OF MY TEAMMATES."

doicare = Rooney!?

Dortmund are going to announce Kagawa is leaving soon according to Annie Eaves!

Edit - just seen Phantasts post, seems its true.

But Surely Holland want the new generation to come through and start playing competetivaly rather than deploy the old generation and hoping for the best. there many Dutch-Gaffers that can give you better reasoning, but I am sure that I am fairly confident that promoting the old hounds would not be ideal for Hollands prespective in Euros.

And the fact that he had injuries, strengthen the notion of not playing him at all in the international side of tournaments.

I find Seedorf to be a better player than Strootman.

But aside from the national team debate, Seedorf is miscredited. They talk about him like he was just another player. Dude had mad skillz yo.

Awesome picture:
5KPjm.jpg

Also, Evonik (our shirt sponsor) is fucking great :D
ovG9y.jpg

"Get your heads up, dear Bayern. Chelsea FC is not Dortmund"

Labadal

I'll post updates after the cup is done. I'll embarass myself as usual. You'd think it's the freaking world cup when I coach them. What is more fun is that the teams have to be mixed. Boys and girls. Some of the girls are way better than I thought. Then again, football is almost the only thing they play on their breaks and the girls are always welcome to play.

Unrelated: Installing Diablo III now and hearing the music is getting me really excited. The wait for next season won't be difficult. Biggest backlog ever + Diablo III + Euro Cup + Olympics.

I'm lying, I want it to be August already. Do we keep Kenny? Do we lose key players and get in more trouble? Do we get good players and play decent football? We should be able to get everyone. We won the League Cup after all! Lol.

Salvadora

Arsenal are going to spend this summer for definite. It will be Arsenal style spending unfortunately though. The Board/Wenger would have to be mentally ill not to after the season we've had.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Arsenal are going to spend this summer for definite. It will be Arsenal style spending unfortunately though. The Board/Wenger would have to be mentally ill not to after the season we've had.

But Diaby, Wilshire and Mertesacker will be like new signings! Plus you have Miyaichi and Podolski coming into the first team. Any additional players will just be Chamakh/Squillaci/Fabianski replacements going by recent Wenger transfer periods.

K1LLER7

Dragons dogma, gravity daze/rush,ff13-2, tales of abyss and super mario land 3D to get me through until next season.

All we need is a Kagawa signing announced :)

Salvadora

But Diaby, Wilshire and Mertesacker will be like new signings! Plus you have Miyaichi and Podolski coming into the first team. Any additional players will just be Chamakh/Squillaci/Fabianski replacements going by recent Wenger transfer periods.

Well at least we can actually sign a striker.

I just hope Villa sign a new boss quickly. Then he has the opportunity to bring in some players. I'd love another CB, a FB, a CM, and a ST. If I can see some good signings, get some squad depth, I'll be content. I'm hoping our youngsters are ready though. Gardner, Bannan, Albrighton, Herd, Lichaj, Delfounseo, Delph, and Weimann all need to be ready to take their game to the next level.

fuenf

"Get your heads up, dear Bayern. Chelsea FC is not Dortmund"

not sure if classy or funny...

Kehl is probably the only Dortmund player I don't dislike.

wtf? after the shit he pulled with Bayern? I'd say Weidenfeller, Kehl, Großkreutz and Subotic are the only Dortmund players i really dislike. The BVB young guns are a pretty likeable bunch (at least the way they play)... cant believe i write this.

HOLY SHIT KAGAWA SIGNED A NEW CONTRACT AT BVB

2JA2Pl.jpg

hahaha, just fucking with you United guys, that's actually him signing Dortmund's town book lol

lol, Milchmonster
not sure if classy or funny...

wtf? after the shit he pulled with Bayern? I'd say Weidenfeller, Kehl, Großkreutz and Subotic are the only Dortmund players i really dislike. The BVB young guns are a pretty likeable bunch (at least the way they play)... cant believe i write this.

zQczV.jpg

Q1XpL.jpg

Meier

Is the M'Villa deal done yet?

I really hope City swoop in and snag him. I read about a week ago that Inter are interested in buying De Jong this summer so I'd hate for us to miss out on a replacement who is quite arguably better. Liverpool are apparently also interested in Nigel.

faridmon

Not Cool, Milch. I was about spreading texts to my friend.
I really hope City swoop in and snag him. I read about a week ago that Inter are interested in buying De Jong this summer so I'd hate for us to miss out on a replacement who is quite arguably better. Liverpool are apparently also interested in Nigel.

You have few Defensive midfildres so I can make a case of you guys not needing one. I think you guys need an attcking midfilder. Nasri and Silva are not enough and Jhonson have his liability.

ODENSEEEEEEE BOLDKLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB

Phew, my heart hasn't raced like this for a long long time. Copenhagen can now win the league "simply" by winning the last two games, that will give us champions league group stage next year!

Zabojnik

I think Ghirardi's forgotten he only owns half of Seba's contract. "We don't have the need to sell him." Cool story, bro, let's take this to the envelopes and see this €40m you apparently believe him to be worth.

40mil€? Sounds about right. Giovinco is indeed amazing. He'd be perfect for PSG and City.

Delpo told the club not to retire the no. 10 jersey, which I now assume they were actually thinking about. Classy to the very end. How could anyone not love this man?

EDIT: Ah, he was just responding to some journalists. Well, same meaning. Ale <3

Meier

You have few Defensive midfildres so I can make a case of you guys not needing one. I think you guys need an attcking midfilder. Nasri and Silva are not enough and Jhonson have his liability.

I'd only be interested in signing one if De Jong does move which seems to be likely if the rumors and news reports are to be believed. I'm not sure if he'd move ahead of Barry right away in the pecking order or not but I think he likely would.

I'd imagine we will sign Hazard but who knows with the apparent excessive wage demands. I'd love to see him on the team though.

fuenf

seriously stop it! please? i will give you this: Kagawa is a great player and Klopp is a pretty funny guy. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

WJD

"Hazard confirms he's going to Manchester - but doesn't say which club. "To Manchester, I've already said. The decision will be made soon.""

*sigh*

City.

Sky Sports News have done a special report looking at racism in Ukraine. Some Ukranian fans have warned that non-whites should stay at home if they want to watch the tournament.

Disgusting. Countries which have form for racist football related hooliganism shouldn't even be considered as hosts for major tournaments.

bjaelke

ODENSEEEEEEE BOLDKLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB

Phew, my heart hasn't raced like this for a long long time. Copenhagen can now win the league "simply" by winning the last two games, that will give us champions league group stage next year!

Shut up. No one cares about the Danish league.

I wont congratulate you...yet. FCM away will be tough with the battle for 3rd.

Clegg

He'll go to United. Can't see him choosing us over them tbh.

We don't even know if Arsenal have any real interest in Kagawa.

All we've heard is that Wenger may have called Dortmund and enquired about him.

SAF was at the game so we know that he's interested in some players that were on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom