• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Sky Sports News have done a special report looking at racism in Ukraine. Some Ukranian fans have warned that non-whites should stay at home if they want to watch the tournament.

Disgusting. Countries which have form for racist football related hooliganism shouldn't even be considered as hosts for major tournaments.

Can't wait for Russia 2018.

"Hazard confirms he's going to Manchester - but doesn't say which club. "To Manchester, I've already said. The decision will be made soon.""

*sigh*

City.
We're you ever really hoping we would get him? Once City were in for him it was settled and we don't need to be spending so much on a luxury purchase.

@United_Stuff: Fabio on going on loan and leaving Rafael "It's so so hard... but I need to get some games."

WJD

We're you ever really hoping we would get him? Once City were in for him it was settled and we don't need to be spending so much on a luxury purchase.

Nah, I knew it was all over when they went in. I just hoped some rich Russian club/Real/Barca were going to come in for him at the last minute or something.

The fact that they're getting Hazard and we're getting Kagawa (as good as he is, and as excited as I am about him) represents the difference between the two clubs IMO.

Tevez just held up a sign saying "RIP Fergie".

Wow.

WTF? Just when he couldn't get any worse.

Also, why are you watching the parade?!

DutchGAF, do you feel Seedorf doesn't receive as much credit as he should? I certainly do. The man has been a terrific football player but is either ignored or put in bad daylight by (the media in) our country. The dude is much better than Strootman (who I've personally played with btw :p) but isn't even mentionned for our national team. Seedorf deserves much more credit!
I'm not from the Netherlands, so I don't actually know how people and journalists talk about him, but I'll try to explain why, at least in Milan, a lot of people are hoping that he'll leave in the next weeks.

He was one of the best players in Europe from 2002 to 2007, and nobody can say otherwise. The problem is that, the moment he won everything he had to, he stopped caring about his club and his career, probably certain that he did enough in the previous years. This year, and this is something that applies to the last five seasons as well, he probably was the worst Milan player out there (well, maybe Mesbah gets the top spot), he spent on average 85 minutes per match just wondering around the pitch, losing the ball every single time he had it. If you want to see an example of this, just watch the first half of Barça-Milan from this year CL's quarter finals. That's how he usually play, in particular against provincial sides (from this season he plays like crap against everyone, tbh). And, on top of that, he wants to play EVERY SINGLE GAME, doesn't matter if he isn't remotely close to look like a proper athlete. A few days ago I posted a statistic about his season: with him on the pitch, we got <1.4 points per match, iirc. Without him, we got around 2.5 points per match.

Of course, like many others players out there, he'll still have an incredible talent even when he'll be 50, he proved it yesterday with his pass for Inzaghi's goal. But, as of now, he's not fit to play in a top team, nor with the Dutch national team.

Salvadora

We don't even know if Arsenal have any real interest in Kagawa.

All we've heard is that Wenger may have called Dortmund and enquired about him.

SAF was at the game so we know that he's interested in some players that were on the pitch.

He's a very talented player but hopefully not. We need defensive signings desperately.

Not Cool, Milch. I was about spreading texts to my friend.

Come on, it was confirmed about an hour ago that Kagawa won't sign a new contract at Dortmund...

You guys try to act like you don't have a former Schalke boy in your team: Gundogan.
What does this even mean and how is it poor little Ilkay's fault for being born in such a horrible place? Also, he spend just one year in that blue hell and was smart enough to leave.

We don't even know if Arsenal have any real interest in Kagawa.

All we've heard is that Wenger may have called Dortmund and enquired about him.

Yeah, that with Wenger wasn't right. I heard that wrong lol. It was just Kloppo talking some bullshit on that chaos TV show, he actually meant Fergie.

WJD

The Tevez sign...

x2_c753669

Jesus christ.

Meier

I wonder how Thorgan Hazard is progressing? Any French football fans on Footy-GAF? IN FM 2011, he ended up being quite the wonderkid himself but he wasn't as highly regarded in FM12..

Damn both OS and Sky Sports news stopped with the parade, where are you guys watching it?

Citytv coverage ended too. I think that's it in terms of live stuff.. pretty sure the route was almost over.

Wilbur

Banned
ODENSEEEEEEE BOLDKLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB

Phew, my heart hasn't raced like this for a long long time. Copenhagen can now win the league "simply" by winning the last two games, that will give us champions league group stage next year!

What if you fail and then Stale rips up his contract with Wolves just to save you?

sry.
WwpFi.jpg

..someone should photoshop a multicolored fuck budies meme all over this :D

:lol

Also fuck Hazard, he's such a publicity grabbing whore

And I liked what Rooney said earlier

I was at the stadium yesterday watching our kids get Chris Brown'ed. Can't see us drawing let alone winning against FCN. Sorry.

Well I believe in you. FISSE MIKE, FISSE MIKE!

What if you fail and then Stale rips up his contract with Wolves just to save you?

No way he wants to get back home to this mess. :(

The Tevez sign...

x2_c753669

Jesus christ.

Haha love that smile.

Sky Sports News have done a special report looking at racism in Ukraine. Some Ukranian fans have warned that non-whites should stay at home if they want to watch the tournament.

Disgusting. Countries which have form for racist football related hooliganism shouldn't even be considered as hosts for major tournaments.

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SHEER BEAUTY THAT FOOTBALL BRINGS OUT IN PEOPLE OF ALL COLOURS AND CREEDS ALL AROUND THE WORLD. COCA COLA

Wilbur

Banned
Tevez just held up a sign saying "RIP Fergie".

Wow.

I've just seen this and the picture. Probably one of the most classless cunts ever to play football. The man who allowed you to win the Champions League and the Premier League long before you went to City and started cunting up the place there as well? Get fucked you ugly caveman. Him winning the league automatically makes me not feel good about people like Aguero and Kompany winning it

How much is Soccer Triads delivery, I want the away france top.

it's 3 quid normally so along with the top 20 quid, but there's a 10% off code on their twitter so it comes to 18.30 with postage

Wilbur

Banned
To be fair, Lots of it is made up.

A lot of it is yeah. Genuine quotes he's said in the past though, what he said on twitter about it being one of his last two games and stuff...

Also I doubt Tevez knew what the sign meant seeing as he hasn't bothered to learn the language, the dense fucking cumhole

immy

Banned
I've just seen this and the picture. Probably one of the most classless cunts ever to play football. The man who allowed you to win the Champions League and the Premier League long before you went to City and started cunting up the place there as well? Get fucked you ugly caveman. Him winning the league automatically makes me not feel good about people like Aguero and Kompany winning it

it's 3 quid normally so along with the top 20 quid, but there's a 10% off code on their twitter so it comes to 18.30 with postage

Cheers ate

Az

'RIP United' would have been fine, but that sign is in really poor taste.

Not even that, he just made it about United. Tevez should have celebrated for his own happiness not to stick it to some other team (especially one he used to play for).

Not even that, he just made it about United. Tevez should have celebrated for his own happiness not to stick it to some other team (especially one he used to play for).

Carlos Tevez doesn't play for Manchester City. Carlos Tevez couldn't give a fuck about Manchester City. Carlos Tevez plays for Carlos Tevez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom