• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Not even that, he just made it about United. Tevez should have celebrated for his own happiness not to stick it to some other team (especially one he used to play for).

It's just his fucking attitude to everything. Wins the Premier League, wins the Champions League, spends all his time whining about SAF not wanting to keep him even though we made an offer to his odious agent, then proceeds to act like a cunt for City as well. Then does that instead of celebrating his team like you say.

Seriously one of the biggest fucking wankers in the sport.

LegoArmo

I hope Rafael kills him, but they can't prove for certain which twin it was, so he avoids a prison sentence.

That's how it works right?

Meier

Tevez must be poisonous in the dressing room. They might have trouble trying to offload him with the wages he's on.

I hope this report from yesterday is true:

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani will not rest until he signs Carlos Tevez.

Galliani has resurrected the club's bid to sign the Manchester City striker, declaring: "We will do everything to get him."

Milan came close to landing the Argentine during the January transfer window, agreeing personal terms with the player only to fail to agree a transfer fee with City.

Galliani speculated at the time that the opportunity to acquire Tevez, who was in dispute with City at the time, was unlikely to arise again, but he has now revealed that he is as determined as ever to make it happen.

"I want Tevez," the 67-year-old Monza native told Corriere dello Sport.

"We will do everything to get him."

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2012/May/13/tevez-still-a-wanted-man-at-milan/

TeegsD

Portugals squad for the Euros

554681_10150981527327425_341453307424_11867310_970989204_n.jpg

Az

There's obviously also a reason why Dzeko, Silva and Kun wouldn't do it, they don't have a beef with Fergie. Being classy? Sounds boring.

Hey, we don't have to agree, that's fine. My preference are subtle jabs, but being a neutral and pretty much hating both Tevez and Fergie, this just confirms it.

Hey, we don't have to agree, that's fine. My preference are subtle jabs, but being a neutral and pretty much hating both Tevez and Fergie, this just confirms it.

Of course not, just wanted to point out that it's pretty obvious why the other forwards you mentioned wouldn't do it. :p

rodvik

I just hope Villa sign a new boss quickly. Then he has the opportunity to bring in some players. I'd love another CB, a FB, a CM, and a ST. If I can see some good signings, get some squad depth, I'll be content. I'm hoping our youngsters are ready though. Gardner, Bannan, Albrighton, Herd, Lichaj, Delfounseo, Delph, and Weimann all need to be ready to take their game to the next level.

Actually I dont mind if they take a little while. Clearly we need to get this right. But the new manager will need pre season for sure to make a good start.

Meier

Guidetti out of the Euros due to injury. Shame, I'm sure City brass would have liked to see him get some time (perhaps) at that big of a stage.

LegoArmo

Good news about Scholes, he's a great player to have, but hopefully not one the team have to rely on like the last 6 months of this season.

Love the guy.

Labadal

Swedish squad:

Goalkeepers:
Pär Hansson, 25, Helsingborg
Andreas Isaksson, 30, PSV Eindhoven
Johan Wiland, 31, FC Köpenhamn

Defenders:
Mikael Lustig, 25,Celtic
Olof Mellberg, 34, Olympiakos
Andreas Granqvist, 27, Genoa
Martin Olsson, 23, Blackburn
Jonas Olsson, 29, West Bromwich
Mikael Antonsson, 30, Bologna
Behrang Safari, 27, Anderlecht

Midfielders:
Rasmus Elm, 24, AZ Alkmaar
Sebastian Larsson, 26, Sunderland
Anders Svensson, 35, Elfsborg
Kim Källström, 29, Lyon
Pontus Wernbloom, 25, CSKA Moskva
Samuel Holmén, 27, Istanbul
Emir Bajrami, 24, FC Twente
Christian Wilhelmsson, 32, Al-Ahly

Forwards:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 30, Milan
Tobias Hysén, 30, IFK Göteborg
Johan Elmander, 30, Galatasaray
Ola Toivonen, 25, PSV Eindhoven
Markus Rosenberg, 28, No club

I'm not very optimistic.

Wilbur

Banned
Yay for Scholes. But hopefully Clev steps up and we buy more people so we don't rely on near 40 year olds.

I want them to stay on and do coaching badges. Neville as the 'manager' so he faces the media, Giggs as assistant and Scholes as first team coach, but all three of them are co-managers. We'd go unbeaten for 11 years.

Clegg

Ravel Morrison is such a waste of talent.

He probably pissed off the West Ham staff by doing something stupid.

His career looks like it's going to go down the shitter and it's nobodys fault but his own.

Wilbur

Banned
David Gill admits he is still recovering from the devastating blow in the title race but has stressed that moves are already afoot to bring in new players during the summer.

The chief executive has confirmed there is cash for Sir Alex Ferguson to spend to improve his squad and targets have already been identified.

“It turned into a very difficult afternoon but that’s football for you,” said Gill, recalling Sunday's events. “We’ve had a great season, got 89 points and the title has never been decided on goal difference before. All the players and staff can be very proud of what they’ve achieved.

“I do think everyone at the club, from Alex down, agree we underperformed in Europe this year. We felt confident of getting out of our Champions League group and the Europa League was new for us and took some getting used to. But it demonstrates the high standards set for this club.

“The very fact we finished second and no team has come second with 89 points means we’ve got a lot to be proud of. We’ve got to move on and I’m sure we’ll come back fighting next year.”

When discussing moves on the transfer front, the chief executive is awaiting developments over the course of the summer.

“The manager, Jim Lawlor and the scouting team, everyone is looking at it and discuss it throughout the period,” he explained. “Obviously, the work intensifies now in terms of actually doing deals and we’ve identified players so let’s see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom