• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaky77

we will give u sahin back, in return we will buy that RB of yours :D

558687_3528403781999_1629344962_2765350_112024008_n.jpg

mourinho does it again!!!!!!!

well Barcelona was "supposed best team in history" because they won pretty much everything that yr no?

Clegg

Gill has said that exact same thing for the past few summers.

We'll hopefully sign up a few players but don't expect blockbuster mega transfers.

And the same thing happens every year too. Gill says we have more money to spend then SAF says he's happy with the squad he's got.

sneaky77

No, that was the year before that one.

seriously Madrid fans grasping at straws with this.. Barcelona has been the best team ever in the past few yrs.. I get that Madrid has broken all historic records in la liga this season, but you guys have won 2 titles in 2 yrs.. not 14 in 4 or however many Pep has won.

Wilbur

Banned
Gill has said that exact same thing for the past few summers.

We'll hopefully sign up a few players but don't expect blockbuster mega transfers.

Yeah I know, but good to hear we've identified people. We did spend a fair amount last year, £60m or so wasn't it? Just need to spend maybe £10-20m more.

K1LLER7

Sir Alex: "Yes we want to add to the squad that's in process at the moment. We have set our stall on certain players"

Looks like Kagawa and Hazard, Maybe Baines.

i hope portugal, spain and germany gets knocked out asap

Fuck you.

Also no Piszczek for you. In February he said he wants to end his career here "because I'm very happy and don't want to move every two years. I need steadiness and hope that Dortmund will be the last club in my career".

I guess we see how that ends in a few years, but I really believe him to be honest.

Clegg

Yeah I know, but good to hear we've identified people. We did spend a fair amount last year, £60m or so wasn't it? Just need to spend maybe £10-20m more.

I think we'll need to spend a minimum of £40m tbh. I don't think Kagawa will go for the low price that some papers are quoting. He'll probably go for around £15m. Thats if we even get him.

Then we'll still need a decent midfielder. That will cost us a fair but of money too. And then I wouldn't be surprised in SAF signed one more player.

Clegg

Giggs and Scholes have signed on for another year so thats CM sorted.

And Vidic will be back so thats like a new signing.

Transfer window done and dusted.

Wilbur

Banned
I think we'll need to spend a minimum of £40m tbh. I don't think Kagawa will go for the low price that some papers are quoting. He'll probably go for around £15m. Thats if we even get him.

Then we'll still need a decent midfielder. That will cost us a fair but of money too. And then I wouldn't be surprised in SAF signed one more player.

Kagawa for £15m, M'Vila for £25m, that young striker we were looking at for £7m and Izaguirre for £10m. plz

Bumhead

Banned
Jesus christ is anyone watching the League One play off semi final tonight?

Sheffield United (Pigs, grunters, dirty red and white bastards) v Stevenage. Absolutely atrocious game of football and only 20k there at £13 a ticket. Pathetic. The rats have left the sinking ship.

MPW

Fuck you.

Also no Piszczek for you. In February he said he wants to end his career here "because I'm very happy and don't want to move every two years. I need steadiness and hope that Dortmund will be the last club in my career".

I guess we see how that ends in a few years, but I really believe him to be honest.

yeah but we got $$$, money talks

i want those 3 teams out asap in euro cause most of madrid's players are from those 3 countries

i will enjoy watching euro as a neutral, last euro i was cheering for Turkey, all those epic comebacks

this time they didn't even qualify WTF

Meier

Clyne from Crystal Palace has apparently been "done" for awhile now. I don't know too much about him honestly.

The FIFA 12 designers think he's set for good things. I have him as a backup on my Zenit squad a few years on from the start and he's in the mid to low 80s.

Alright just read this. And I'll drop the Tevez thing. lolololol
LOL!

No idea who were going to be in for this summer. Truth be told United very rarely sign "blockbuster" players. Looking at our squad now, who was blockbuster there? Rooney, Rio and Berbatov and that's it. Most of the players we get are a level below that "most wanted" list and meshed into a title winning side. As long as we do spend some money and keep that strategy I'll be happy.

Although this side does need one more match-winner in it. Sometimes that person has to be a bona-fide world beater.

WJD

Judging by Fergie's quotes I imagine we'll be signing about 3 players again.

Kagawa
Clyne
and one more. No idea who that one more could be though.

LegoArmo

Yeah it'll be him, Kagawa, hopefully Javi Martinez and that boy Rhodes from Huddersfield.

My guesses anyway.

I'd love Rhodes to sign for United, it's been awhile since a Scottish player has played at a really top club, just Fletcher, really.

Too big of a step up for now though, I reckon. He'll go to a low-bottom half side, probably.

K1LLER7

People forgetting about Bebe, hopefully he's improved massively.

I'd take a new LB, pogba staying and Kagawa signing. Then depending on berba staying/leaving a new striker. Hopefully cleverly and pogba both get 1st team football next season.

kharma45

I'd love Rhodes to sign for United, it's been awhile since a Scottish player has played at a really top club, just Fletcher, really.

Too big of a step up for now though, I reckon. He'll go to a low-bottom half side, probably.

I can see him being signed and then being loaned back out straight away again to a Championship side.

WJD

Yeah it'll be him, Kagawa, hopefully Javi Martinez and that boy Rhodes from Huddersfield.

My guesses anyway.

Javi Martinez is a big no go I reckon and I can't see us getting Rhodes either. If Beckford is anything to go by, League 1 to Premier League is too big of a step up.

Maybe Strootman? Some kind of "enforcer" midfielder would be lovely.

Slizz

We're not getting Javi Martinez.

I'd welcome Javi Garcia instead of Gaitan from Benfica and Javi Martinez.

Javi Martinez is a big no go I reckon and I can't see us getting Rhodes either. If Beckford is anything to go by, League 1 to Premier League is too big of a step up.

Maybe Strootman? Some kind of "enforcer" midfielder would be lovely.

Javi Garcia is your dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom