• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Javi Martinez is a big no go I reckon and I can't see us getting Rhodes either. If Beckford is anything to go by, League 1 to Premier League is too big of a step up.

Maybe Strootman? Some kind of "enforcer" midfielder would be lovely.
Strootman is staying in Holland for a while longer.

Fergie has been to watch Powell at Crewe. That's the only solid link to a CM.

All the rest are tenuous at best. Not saying we are gonna sign Powell and that'll be it, just everything else is based on pure speculation.

Carbonox

To be fair, he probably couldn't even walk for most of his stay there.

Plus didn't he get banished from the squad for breaking a curfew? Love it when shit footballers act like bad boys for a crack, despite not realising just how in the red their careers are.

Ah.

Don't really know what's happened with Stevenage. They've been really poor over these two games, almost like they've been playing not to lose rather than to go through. God knows how we lost to them 5-1 and 1-0 based on this.

To be fair, while it would have been amazing for Stevenage to get promoted yet again, we most certainly aren't ready for Championship football. Another season in League 1, plus doing up our stadium and adding to the foundation squad-wise, and we should be good to go for a promotion push again. Don't want to do a Luton and go up too quickly, only to fail completely.

Bumhead

Banned
To be fair, while it would have been amazing for Stevenage to get promoted yet again, we most certainly aren't ready for Championship football. Another season in League 1, plus doing up our stadium and adding to the foundation squad-wise, and we should be good to go for a promotion push again. Don't want to do a Luton and go up too quickly, only to fail completely.

True. This has been a cracking season irrespective.

Messi

I drank a monster and I feel like my heart is going to explode, I might be having a heart attack. Man down.

Help me Football GAF aka Best GAF

sneaky77

We're not getting Javi Martinez.

That's accurate, the only player I see us in danger of losing is Llorente, and it won't be this summer unless someone wants to pony up a lot of cash and the player wants to leave.

I drank a monster and I feel like my heart is going to explode, I might be having a heart attack. Man down.

yeah I don't drink that shit, the strongest I have is a doubleshot from starbucks that I had last night working 3rd shift.

Slizz

Man I had some caffeine gum recently... Good lord never again, it felt like I was on meth or some shit

Wilbur

Banned
Javi Garcia is great, Benfica have a great midfield. They're my FIFA online team

Garcia - Witsel
Gaitan - Aimar - Nolito
Cardozo

Fergie's drunk by the sounds of it.

And Valencia wins the Players Player of the Year.

I also expected this, great choice but would have liked to see Carrick

Getting Martinez is a pipe dream. It's possible, sure, but:
1) Athletic don't often sell their players and their players don't often look to leave.
2) If he is available plenty of other teams will be interested in him.
3) He will cost a lot. Like alot..and we are not rollin' in it.
4) No reason to believe we are even interested.

rififi

That's accurate, the only player I see us in danger of losing is Llorente, and it won't be this summer unless someone wants to pony up a lot of cash and the player wants to leave.

Hasn't it always been difficult to lure players away from Bilbao? particularly because of their policy towards fielding only Basque players (which makes finding replacements very difficult, and I'm assuming the players are very loyal as well).

Actually I dont mind if they take a little while. Clearly we need to get this right. But the new manager will need pre season for sure to make a good start.

I just want as full a transfer window as possible with a manager in place.

No thanks, we've got Gündogan and Leitner.

I like Leitner, loan to Villa for a season with an option to buy?

Messi, I've missed you!

Korez

OMG YURT! LOOK AGNELLI
KuGsj.gif

Kpefk.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxyjmllquzY

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

sneaky77

Hasn't it always been difficult to lure players away from Bilbao? particularly because of their policy towards fielding only Basque players (which makes finding replacements very difficult, and I'm assuming the players are very loyal as well).

yeah we don't usually negotiate, and players are treated very well and paid very well.

Meier

Not sure if there is any actual news here or if they're just reporting the minimum he could get, but the Beeb are saying 10 games for Barton.

QPR's Joey Barton facing 10-game ban after Man City fracas

QPR's Joey Barton could face at least a 10-game ban after being charged by the FA for two acts of alleged violent conduct at Manchester City on Sunday.

He was sent off for an incident involving Carlos Tevez but faces the two charges following clashes with both Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany.

As Barton had already been dismissed both incidents fell outside of the jurisdiction of the referee.

Barton has until 18:00 BST on Tuesday, 15 May to respond to the charges.

The red card was Barton's second of the season, meaning he will receive an automatic four-match ban.

If found guilty of the FA's two violent conduct charges, that could turn into a lengthy suspension, with Barton facing three-match suspensions for each alleged offence.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18060989

Guys my £60 winnings is nearly no more

Decided to put £20 towards some converse for the boy give £20 to the mrs to put towards a top and now the remaining £20 looks like going towards saints row 3 and alien anthology blu ray

Free money rules

Hixx

Ferguson: "Those Sunderland fans who cheered for City ... we won't forget that"

What's he gonna dee like? Refuse to sell us the rest of his shite? Hope so!

He's also sharp forgotten that we did his team more favours than any other keeping them in the title race the sour auld git.

kharma45

What's he gonna dee like? Refuse to sell us the rest of his shite? Hope so!

You're getting Bebe on loan.

Guys my £60 winnings is nearly no more

Decided to put £20 towards some converse for the boy give £20 to the mrs to put towards a top and now the remaining £20 looks like going towards saints row 3 and alien anthology blu ray

Free money rules

Good call, still haven't opened mine yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom