• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

UsiJl.gif

where's this from?

Oh and also...on Nasri...sure that was a pretty classless and unnecessary jab at Arsenal, but considering some of the abuse he gets it's really that surprising that he's having a pop back.

danwarb

I hope Kenny stays for another season to see if he can turn the crap league form around with a slightly stronger midfield and forward line. A different manager every season is not the way to go, but if there's no improvement with good players back from injury and some decent signings, then look at it again in January.

PaulLFC

Wow, that is horrible. Have Nike made a single good club kit yet for this upcoming season?

If he has been sacked then FSG better have a suitable replacement. If it's Martinez then they can fuck right off. I want to a manager who's a proven winner at the highest level, not someone who's praised by people for dodging relegation every season.
I'm sat here hoping it's all just Twitter rumours. All it seems to be on there is "some lad heard from someone in Boston that Kenny's gone" - which is about as reliable as me saying I'm going to sign for Liverpool. The "no comment" stance reported by ITV has me worried, but again I'm hoping it's just a "we don't comment on rumour and speculation" stance that you see from companies all the time. I do wish they'd come out and back Kenny 100% if he's staying though so all this speculation would end (for about a day until someone puts a rumour on Twitter again).

choodi

Banned
Sacked Chelsea manager André Villas-Boas had a higher win percentage in league games (48.2%) than Roberto di Matteo (45.5%).

Wow, I was under the impression that di Matteo turned things around dramatically.

With Kean relegating Blackburn, McLeish sacked and now Daglish on the ropes.....Glasgow born managers in the PL could soon be an endangered species.

LegoArmo

There was more managers in the Premier League from the city of Glasgow last year than the entire country of England, or equal, I forget.

LegoArmo

All 3 promoted clubs will have English managers though, so the correct balance should be restored.

Do you guys think Owen Coyle will stay at Bolton? I think it's a shame they got relegated.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
According to Tuttosport, Juventus are betting everything on Cavani. According to Mazzetta, Marotta is Higuain's biggest fan. According to La Stampa, Juventus spoke with Van Persie's agent. So I guess we're buying Leandro Damiao.

Calciomercato.it is saying Guiseppe Rossi.

Yup, Damiao.

Wilbur

Banned
Martinez would be a stupid decision. His career trajectory should go Wigan > Villa > Liverpool if anything. He's a good manager but he hasn't proved able to sustain a teams form for a whole year, so why a club like Liverpool would want him is beyond me

LegoArmo

They should just get Benitez back, he had them fighting for the title and winning the Champions League. He might be an idiot, but he did something right, and he loves the club.

Choc

Banned
Martinez would be a stupid decision. His career trajectory should go Wigan > Villa > Liverpool if anything. He's a good manager but he hasn't proved able to sustain a teams form for a whole year, so why a club like Liverpool would want him is beyond me

I think thats harsh wilbury

Martinez cared, his team didn't. Every single year Wigan does not give a single fuck until relegation battle time

then they pull their finger out

its ridiculous. I doubt thats the manager

Kenka

How reliable is Kicker Germany-GAF?

They say Shinji's agent is in Manchester today.
Even if the news was forged, it would be totally believable based on ManU's interest for Kagawa. Lewandowski's agent is way more pro (if news is true) although rather tough with Dortmund's direction.

And kicker is a reliable source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom