• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

I've just stopped listening to Maradona. One minute Aguero must go to Real, the next City is the perfect club for him.

Was a dickish move to say he picked the wrong club after he signed.

I don't think Aguero is going anywhere.

1. I don't think anyone can afford him really.
2. Why would City sell their new prized possession, they are building a team around him.
3. We don't have to sell to anyone.
4. He looks happy!

Wes

venison crêpe
I would love for Kagawa to come to England. Whenever I've seen Dortmund I've enjoyed watching him play.

Not a great picture, but these are our 3 kits designs for next season. I can confirm that the home one looks terrible.

As8vRPqCMAAFGmq.jpg

Looks about what you can expect from Under Armour.

rodvik

Al Wasl is managed by Maradona right! He's going to be telling him "You need to move to Madrid, forget about what you've just managed with City".

Yup, done for.

:(:(

No no no. Aguero is telling his father in law "look man get your ass over to the Villa job, come and visit your famaily on the weekend in Manchester."

Manager

I don't think Aguero is going anywhere.

1. I don't think anyone can afford him really.
2. Why would City sell their new prized possession, they are building a team around him.
3. We don't have to sell to anyone.
4. He looks happy!

There is 0.00% chance of him going. He loves it here.

He can't go to Real, no way. And going to Barca would still be a dickish move against Atletico. And the only other team that can afford him is PSG, I guess.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Roster for the World Cup qualifiers#MexicoGAF

GKs: José de Jesús Corona (Cruz Azul), Guillermo Ochoa (AC Ajaccio), Alfredo Talavera (Toluca)

Defs: Israel Jiménez (Tigres), Severo Meza (Monterrey), Rafael Márquez (New York Red Bulls), Francisco "Maza" Rodríguez (Vfb Stuttgart), Héctor Moreno (Espanyol), Hugo Ayala (Tigres), Carlos Salcido (Tigres), Jorge Torres Nilo (Tigres)

MFers: Jesús Zavala (Monterrey), Luis "Cherokee" Pérez (Monterrey), Jesús Molina (América), Gerardo Lugo (Morelia), Andrés Guardado (Deportivo La Coruña), Pablo Barrera (Real Zaragoza), Ángel Reyna (Monterrey), Édgar Andrade (Jaguares)

Forws: Giovani Dos Santos (Tottenham), Javier "Chicharito" Hernández (Manchester United), Oribe Peralta (Santos), Aldo de Nigris (Monterrey)

smh at the bolded. Happy for Andrade and Lugo though. Kinda weird that our most difficult match will be the friendly before this. Why the fuck would you schedule a match versus Brazil immediately before the competition begins?

Az

Roster for the World Cup qualifiers#MexicoGAF

GKs: José de Jesús Corona (Cruz Azul), Guillermo Ochoa (AC Ajaccio), Alfredo Talavera (Toluca)

Defs: Israel Jiménez (Tigres), Severo Meza (Monterrey), Rafael Márquez (New York Red Bulls), Francisco "Maza" Rodríguez (Vfb Stuttgart), Héctor Moreno (Espanyol), Hugo Ayala (Tigres), Carlos Salcido (Tigres), Jorge Torres Nilo (Tigres)

MFers: Jesús Zavala (Monterrey), Luis "Cherokee" Pérez (Monterrey), Jesús Molina (América), Gerardo Lugo (Morelia), Andrés Guardado (Deportivo La Coruña), Pablo Barrera (Real Zaragoza), Ángel Reyna (Monterrey), Édgar Andrade (Jaguares)

Forws: Giovani Dos Santos (Tottenham), Javier "Chicharito" Hernández (Manchester United), Oribe Peralta (Santos), Aldo de Nigris (Monterrey)

smh at the bolded. Happy for Andrade and Lugo though. Kinda weird that our most difficult match will be the friendly before this. Why the fuck would you schedule a match versus Brazil immediately before the competition begins?

Cool and all but we will beat you in Chicago in two weeks. ;)

dc89

Voos has commented it... he's charging over 350 players, he said the meeting had nothing to do with RVP.

Fair enough!

NEXT!!

guidetti.jpg

Galatasaray are reported to have approached John Guidetti regarding a summer swoop for the Manchester City striker. The proposed transfer would see him move to the Istanbul giants on a loan or a permanent transfer.

Guidetti's arrival in Istanbul has lead to speculation that he could be close to agreeing a deal with the Lions.

The outspoken striker has made it clear that he is after first team football. Guidetti recently highlighted the reason as to why he chose to play on loan for Feyenoord this season. "I’m looking for a club that tells me ‘John, you are our first or second striker. Here’s the number 9 or 10 shirt’, " he told InsideFutbol.com.

"This is the reason why last summer I chose Feyenoord", he added.

Guidetti reiterated similar demands to Italian website FCInterNews, "I have not yet talked with Manchester City about my future. But the issue is very simple: I want to play, and if Manchester City see me as a fourth or fifth choice, I'd rather go to a club where I can play," he said.

http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=2920

Is he City's Pogba?!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I have to admit you guys were amazing fans last year in Atlanta. We were hanging out with Mexican fans in the big parking lot having a blast. Drinking, dancing, just great and fun competition.
Our team may be shit but you can always count on us being the soul of the party!

It would be the most entertaining season in our history. I also think Maradona got a very unfair rap during his time managing Argentina. They were frightening until the Germany game.

Besides, our season tickets would rocket up :)

Brb. Fapping. Klopp to Villa!!! Yeesssssss!

I don't think he got a bad rap. He had some good players, but had some wonky tactics. Plus, I don't like the way he insists on being center of attention. On the other hand, our ticket sales would skyrocket and it would be exciting and entertaining.

Yes, let's go talk to Klopp, he can bring Kagawa, Gotze, and a few others with him. :D

elsk

Banned
It would be the most entertaining season in our history. I also think Maradona got a very unfair rap during his time managing Argentina. They were frightening until the Germany game.

Besides, our season tickets would rocket up :)

Maradona is not even a real coach, the AFA gifted him the coach license because he's Maradona.

They were frightening until the Germany game.

You clearly didn't watch the South American qualify matches for the WC...

I'd love to go watch the USMNT play in Mexico (or at the Rio Olympics) but everything I've ever read makes me nervous. Just a bit of hostility towards Americans down there.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Come the fuck on, they didn't beat anyone of relevance before that game. And yes, I include Mexico. :(
I'd love to go watch the USMNT play in Mexico (or at the Rio Olympics) but everything I've ever read makes me nervous. Just a bit of hostility towards Americans down there.
US/Mexico games bring out the worst of both bands to be fair.

elsk

Banned
I can't wait for the outrage in two years when the cornetas and trompetas are at full blast.

I can't wait for all the Barra Bravas guys to scare the shit out of everyone else :p
I'm sure they will ban the majority of them from entering the match, but they can't ban everyone of them in middle of South America.

I'm hoping to make it and go to at least a WC2014 match.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Absolutely, and I want to avoid that just as you would I imagine. I didn't mean it in a disrespectful towards the country at all. I'd love to hang with MexicoFootyGAF!
I would make a Community thread but I fear it would only be comprised of like ten people.

I still think we should have a different thread for National Teams. Lots of "international football suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks" posts whenever those times come in here.

yeah those "Ultras" / Idiots whatever have got to go.

Good luck with that. :p

Being used to seeing fireworks at every away match : Meh. What they should do is give a few of them a license to actually fire off firework and shit at the stadiums, seems to have worked out well for the clubs that allowed it in Norway, of course it gets dangerous when some coked out guy, with tribal tattoos and a bald head stands there with a flare in his hand.

fuenf

Good luck with that. :p

Being used to seeing fireworks at every away match : Meh. What they should do is give a few of them a license to actually fire off firework and shit at the stadiums, seems to have worked out well for the clubs that allowed it in Norway, of course it gets dangerous when some coked out guy, with tribal tattoos and a bald head stands there with a flare in his hand.

Nah man fireworks have got to go period, they discussed legalizing them in Germany for a short period of time but it's simply to dangerous. The authorities would never grant a permission to use them in the stands with a few thousand people around.

I would make a Community thread but I fear it would only be comprised of like ten people.

I still think we should have a different thread for National Teams. Lots of "international football suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks" posts whenever those times come in here.

Community thread as in Mexican National Team thread? Or MexicoGAF thread?

Also, there is a Euro's thread, and I'm sure we could make an Olympics and World Cup Qualifying threads as well. And I agree that at that point we may as well just make an "International Football/Calcio/Soccer/etc. Thread |OT| of why are these games so boring?!" ;)

Nah man fireworks have got to go period, they discussed legalizing them in Germany for a short period of time but it's simply to dangerous. The authorities would never grant a permission to use them in the stands with a few thousand people around.

They aren't used in the stands in Norway either. Of course there isn't enough space on every stadium to do that but on the majority there is more than enough to have it between the pitch and the stands, something the ultras seems generally willing to accept in exchange of half of them not being banned from coming to the stadiums. But well, good luck on getting rid of the firework and ultras.

rodvik

Maradona is not even a real coach, the AFA gifted him the coach license because he's Maradona.

You clearly didn't watch the South American qualify matches for the WC...

lol, well true.

But I did watch the qualifiers. I have also watched them after Maradona. I think he looks better all the time no?

Anyways I want him mainly for the massive entertainment factor. That and he doesnt even know how to setup a team to defend so we would be absurdly attack minded.

fuenf

They aren't used in the stands in Norway either. Of course there isn't enough space on every stadium to do that but on the majority there is more than enough to have it between the pitch and the stands, something the ultras seems generally willing to accept in exchange of half of them not being banned from coming to the stadiums. But well, good luck on getting rid of the firework and ultras.

That makes sense but i dont think that would be possible in most German stadiums as there's simply not enough room between the pitch and the stands. I know it will be hard / impossible to get rid of them but it's definitely what the DFL and the German police are currently trying to do. For example most recently the fans of Hansa Rostock were banned from attending a match vs St. Pauli (of course it went horribly wrong but a ban like that will most likely be the norm in the future).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom