• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

This thread's taken...an odd turn.

It has hasn't it?

iu6c711IaZ6rq.gif

dc89

Apparently Micah Richards isn't in the squad either. Huh?!

Also there are reports that Yaya Toure's agent has told a Catalan based radio station that he wants to leave the club. Strange :S

Yaya wants to leave City?

Oh God. Silly season has started. It ends some time in August.

Hixx

This man knows. I always get a ball stuck under my leg or something.

This has happened. :(

On the subject of sleep related cock and ball injuries, one night I must have got a lob on while sleeping and obviously lay on it in an unfortunate way. Agony for about a week right down my gooch, seriously couldn't sit down. Trying to think up excuses as to why I couldn't sit to people was interesting to say the least.

Also my cock was lop sided for about a month. I was petrified. But all is right now.

Oh and as for football, er... apparently we're definitely letting Gordon go. £9m transfer going on a free. Woohoo.

dc89

"We have been unbelievable," he said. "I think next year will be more and I hope City will become a great club in the world. I will think about the new season and I hope it will be more exciting than the last one.

"I think the fans may enjoy it more because now we have fantastic players, they are growing. They have fantastic talent and I think next year we will get more cups than this year."

Touré limped off just before half-time in the decisive game and could only watch as City fell 2-1 behind before coming back to win 3-2 in injury time.

"It was unbelievable. When we had 10 minutes left I was thinking we needed a goal to try to help us," he said. "With all this season, always doing well, to have lost the Premier League at home – it would have been a disaster, I think I can say that.

"I am very happy. I think the team deserves it, the fans deserve it, the boss deserves it. I think all this club deserves it this year. That was the character of the team, the winning mentality. The team did fantastically well.

"We proved all the players on the pitch wanted to fight for this club, to win something for this club, to be part of history for this club."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/14/manchester-city-yaya-toure-success

Yaya. Don't do this to me man!

rodvik

This has happened. :(

On the subject of sleep related cock and ball injuries, one night I must have got a lob on while sleeping and obviously lay on it in an unfortunate way. Agony for about a week right down my gooch, seriously couldn't sit down. Trying to think up excuses as to why I couldn't sit to people was interesting to say the least.

Also my cock was lop sided for about a month. I was petrified. But all is right now.

Oh and as for football, er... apparently we're definitely letting Gordon go. £9m transfer going on a free. Woohoo.

Sweet jesus, that can happen? Scared to go to sleep now.

dc89

According to a couple of journo's his agent has said to a radio station that "he would like a new challenge".

I don't think City will let him leave.

Yeah he said he wanted to go back to Barcelona sometime a few days ago

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Citys-Yaya-Toure-wants-Barcelona-return.html

Just yesterday he was talking about winning more trophies with City next season. I hate agents, I really, really hate them.

How are you reading that he's going to leave from that?

I'm not. I'm saying don't say stuff like that and then say you want to go through your agent. I'm warning him :p

I will report back, surely one of my bosses can have a word with him!

Carbonox

I remember waking up in the middle of the night due to a sharp pain down there. Turns out I was on my front laying on top of it and movements during my sleep resulting in tearing a bit of the skin. Didn't think realise that is what happened until I pissed in the morning and there was blood dripping out. Didn't take long to heal but yeah, be careful sleeping with boners. :lol

Just yesterday he was talking about winning more trophies with City next season. I hate agents, I really, really hate them.

I'm not. I'm saying don't say stuff like that and then say you want to go through your agent. I'm warning him :p

I will report back, surely one of my bosses can have a word with him!
This is what he is alleged to have said.

"He has done all he could do at City and he needs new motivations. Dimitri Seluk Toure would like a new challenge. He would not cost much."

Quite frankly it sounds ridiculous.

I'll be delighted if he leaves City though! Incredible player! But yeah, don't see that happening.

Roy picked Carroll?!?
Yes.

Meier

Anyone else twisted their balls before? Had to go to the doctors and all, Can't remember the medical name though. And that was from twisting about in bed with boxers on!

Testicular torsion. They thought I'd done it when my balls swelled up something fierce but in the end it was determined to be some sort of topical infection of the skin. :O I had an MRI done on my sack and everything.

rodvik

Oh God, please tell me you're joking. We're going to be the laughing stock of this competition.

Seconded. What on earth has Carroll done to get picked?

Bent 38 apps 18 goals (a bad season for him)

Carroll 42 apps 6 goals

Same league, same timeframe both at new clubs. Unarguably Carroll was surrounded by better goal providers as well.

and double agreed. Gamble on Holte or a young en if you are going to.

Plasma

Banned
No Richards is a bit silly especially with Walker injured, guessing that means we're left with Glen Johnson but who is going to be backup for him?

Salazar

Time for Rio to call it a day with England. Should have quit when the captaincy was taken way from him for no good reason.

I sincerely hope his first response was

YOO FUCKIN WOT.

Likewise Micah. Catastrophic that the Terry, Gerrard, Lampard axis is going to get another go.

Surely Holt? Or someone who has a remotely better strike rate and technique? So pretty much anyone? Fuck grab one of the promising U21 kids for shits and giggles.
Well I would take Rooney, Welbeck and Sturridge. Then possibly one or two others.

Carroll gives them that other option I guess but I think in general his link up play is quite lacking. It's been decent for about 3 games. If he is selected on the basis that he's big and strong then Holt would have been a better choice.

Surely Holt? Or someone who has a remotely better strike rate and technique? So pretty much anyone? Fuck grab one of the promising U21 kids for shits and giggles.

Welbeck, Strurridge, Defoe, Holt, etc. Maybe there is a need for a big man lol

Anyway, I think Welbeck, Holt, Rooney should be on the fucking plane. Fuck this picking players for names sake. He's still in love with Johnson and Zamora from his Liv/Ful days

Well I would take Rooney, Welbeck and Sturridge. Then possibly one or two others.

Carroll gives them that other option I guess but I think in general his link up play is quite lacking. It's been decent for about 3 games. If he is selected on the basis that he's big and strong then Holt would have been a better choice.

This is the problem, I don't think Carroll is even a particularly good link up target man. His touch, balance and awareness is appalling.

Whilst we are talking cock injuries

I snapped my banjo string when I was 17, horrendous I swear I actually heard a popping noise and there was so so much blood

Painful memories

I think it was taken away for the right reasons. It was handled badly though.
I don't think the reasoning was totally sound, but fair enough. But yes, they handled it so badly, made a mockery of him.

And when you consider the amount of chances Terry gets for England...it's obviously not the same rule for everyone.

Empty

holt's movement is excellent too. he's more than just a physical bully.

he also scored fifteen league goals this season, carroll has four.

rodvik

Wellbeck really isnt that good. BTW. Yeah maybe a hair better than carroll but he is overrated by United fans.

England have Rooney as a world class forward. Then its a big drop down to the likes of Bent who is pretty much a poacher then another big drop down to the level of carroll and wellbeck.

Sorry fellow England fans its true.

dc89

If Roy takes Downing I swear I will not support England in the Euro's.

I usually get a shirt etc when it's a tournament but I won't. I'll just spend that £30+ on some cheap shirts from Soccer Triads or something.

Wellbeck really isnt that good. BTW. Yeah maybe a hair better than carroll but he is overrated by United fans.

England have Rooney as a world class forward. Then its a big drop down to the likes of Bent who is pretty much a poacher then another big drop down to the level of carroll and wellbeck.

Welbeck has been more than one level above Carroll this season.

Nobody is saying he's a great player, but he has been much better than Carroll.

WJD

Whilst we are talking cock injuries

I snapped my banjo string when I was 17, horrendous I swear I actually heard a popping noise and there was so so much blood

Painful memories

I've had so many Doctors fingering my knob and bollocks that I don't even care anymore. I walk round my own house stark naked and nobody bats an eyelid. I'm not even well endowed (if Yakubu is a 10 and Wilbury is a 0, I'm about a 6)

Thanks, needed the laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom