• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Sweet jesus, that can happen? Scared to go to sleep now.

yeah. Some people have it permanent so I was shitting it but s'all good now. I also think that it may have been beneficial. ;)

Also if Walker is defo out and Richards isn't in the squad, that is fucking mental. I would have Richards in over Walker anyway but neither of them going is ludicrous.

And Yenrot, Delap is Irish. Well, qualifies for the Irish national team.

fake edit: I need to stop using 'also'.

Yen

yeah. Some people have it permanent so I was shitting it but s'all good now. I also think that it may have been beneficial. ;)

Also if Walker is defo out and Richards isn't in the squad, that is fucking mental. I would have Richards in over Walker anyway but neither of them going is ludicrous.

Also Yenrot, Delap is Irish. Well, qualifies for the Irish national team.

Then why aren't we playing him?! Stick Paul McShane up top. Stuff Spain and Italy.

Salazar

Oh God. Stop it. Please make it stop.

AFczF.gif

Me and Yenrot have discussed StokEngland before, I believe.

It holds up. You shouldn't knock it.

ATF487

I seriously want Pulis as England manager. Crouch and Carroll up top. 442. Delap. Long balls, throwins and corners.

No, I want him for the US team.

Really surprised at no Richards or Crouch, and like the Guardian said I'm hoping no Ferdinand means no EBJT as well

Bumhead

Banned
John Terry should not be in the England side on form as much as anything else. The blokes fucking shite.

Richards to miss out too, apparently? And with Walker allegedly out, that leaves Glenn Johnson. Brilliant.

Ugh, whatever. I'm 99% sure whatever squad get's named tomorrow will look like absolute uninspiring toss.

Tempted to order a few tops from there, haven't bought one since this United jersey and wouldn't mind maybe a cheap Dortmund one or something, but from a quick Google about them seeing a lot of negative press :\
Had good experiences with these sites myself.

Can't say nothing dodgy ever happens or will happen but I've got about 6/7 of these fake shirts and been happy with them every time.

Empty

i like stoke england.

if we're going to take the wrong players and play terrible football anyway we might as well just take it to the ridiculous extreme.

Wilbur

Banned
Is Carroll confirmed in the team, or are people here just guessing?

Wanted him to be in the Olympic team

I'd rather the Olympic team for Carroll, Cleverley etc, where they're more likely to start. But I have no fucking idea why Richards isn't in this one. I can't think of one single reason why. There's an age old stigma he can't defend but he can and he can do it well. I'd have him ahead of Walker to be honest.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MESSI

elseanio

Hey guys, its my birthday. I am 26 as of 8 mins ago. Lets celebrate. please :(

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

We are pretty similar, as I turn 26 on Friday :D

Lankier, Sulkier, Sweatier ?

What?

I'd rather the Olympic team for Carroll, Cleverley etc, where they're more likely to start. But I have no fucking idea why Richards isn't in this one. I can't think of one single reason why. There's an age old stigma he can't defend but he can and he can do it well. I'd have him ahead of Walker to be honest.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MESSI

Yeah, baffles about Richards. No one is ahead of him. I'd even pick him over Johnson. I thought Walker had some injury concerns, so that would explain his omission

Journalist such as Sam Wallace say he is quite sure Carroll has made the squad.

Ahh ok. Probably completely different tomorrow!

kharma45

Had good experiences with these sites myself.

Can't say nothing dodgy ever happens or will happen but I've got about 6/7 of these fake shirts and been happy with them every time.

Might give them a chance then, cheers Viva :) part of me is tempted by the new United shirt for some unknown reason, and I wouldn't mind another like the new Holland away shirt or Portugal home one.

How the hell do they manage to get their hands on new versions of the United home kit so quickly?

Zabojnik

Galatasaray are reported to have approached John Guidetti regarding a summer swoop for the Manchester City striker. The proposed transfer would see him move to the Istanbul giants on a loan or a permanent transfer.

Guidetti's arrival in Istanbul has lead to speculation that he could be close to agreeing a deal with the Lions.

The outspoken striker has made it clear that he is after first team football. Guidetti recently highlighted the reason as to why he chose to play on loan for Feyenoord this season. "I’m looking for a club that tells me ‘John, you are our first or second striker. Here’s the number 9 or 10 shirt’, " he told InsideFutbol.com.

"This is the reason why last summer I chose Feyenoord", he added.

Guidetti reiterated similar demands to Italian website FCInterNews, "I have not yet talked with Manchester City about my future. But the issue is very simple: I want to play, and if Manchester City see me as a fourth or fifth choice, I'd rather go to a club where I can play," he said.

Has Guidetti managed to score an impressive goal yet? I've seen a compilation and I swear those were some of the blandest goals I've ever seen. Not even opportunistic, like Inzaghi's, just ... bland.

EDIT: Happy day of birth, Messi!

Johnson is the best right back in England, even if he'd be omitted from the squad without injuries to others.

Also, I wonder how many posts we had over the course of the season in the various football OTs

Hixx

Johnson is the best right back in England, even if he'd be omitted from the squad without injuries to others.

Also, I wonder how many posts we had over the course of the season in the various football OTs

no hes not.

Also could that pic be any fucking bigger

dat jaw in 5000p

PaulLFC

Saw this elsewhere, apparently was posted on Redcafe on Sunday:

Here's the worst part. When City went 2-1 down I stuck a sweetener bed of £100 on them to win the league at 13/8, which would bag me £260. After the game I was wondering why the money hadn't come through. Then I realised I'd stuck it on season 2012/13 instead! Who'd have thought the top selection when you hit Premier League on the Skybet website would be for next fucking season!
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

And of course, happy birthday Messi!

And regarding the kits from soccertriads, I can speak nothing but good things (except for the slightly long shipping times).

I've ordered two kits from there for myself so far, one for the girl, and will be ordering lots more as time goes on. The only authentics I'll ever buy now will be Aston Villa ones probably, and the future doesn't look bright based on people's opinions of Macron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom