• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
This is the problem, I don't think Carroll is even a particularly good link up target man. His touch, balance and awareness is appalling.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Have you seen his last couple of games for us? He's been immense. He's managed to win some headers, do a step-over, and even scored a goal.

What more do you want?

immy

Banned
If Roy takes Downing I swear I will not support England in the Euro's.

I usually get a shirt etc when it's a tournament but I won't. I'll just spend that £30+ on some cheap shirts from Soccer Triads or something.

Are the names good on soccer triads, fancy a £10 Gotze shirt!

Holt should be there before Carroll but you need a big man to hold it up so wouldn't have too many issues about Carroll

After all he doesn't have a price tag in an England shirt

Carbonox

So no Walker or Richards? Yet he'd pick Johnson? :lol

Might as well take a punt on Danny Simpson. Despite being a complete and utter dickhead, he's been quality this season. I hate wishing good things on players I despise though. Oh well.

Dissapointing. really good player.

I will be mad if Rio of left out because of "issues" (in addition to form) and Terry is left in.
Daniel Taylor is saying he's been told it's because of concerns regarding hit fitness.

I don't see how it could be form. Rio has been as good/bad as Terry this season. He's also played more games then Terry, though his risk of injury is greater.

Apparently Ferdinand thinks it is because of tension between him and Terry.

Which brings me back to my earlier point...Terry shouldn't even be considered for selection until his court case is finalized.

choodi

Banned
I fucking hate being the lone regular Toon fan here. :( Willkiller's banned, Kyoufu's making love to Diablo 3, and Offshore/Chriswok hardly jam with us. Isn't Choodi one though?...

Guilty!

I'm Australian though so must of the time I'm asleep or at work when you guys are active.

I have been making more of an effort to post lately, so I will try to keep it up.

Wilbur

Banned
I've had so many Doctors fingering my knob and bollocks that I don't even care anymore. I walk round my own house stark naked and nobody bats an eyelid. I'm not even well endowed (if Yakubu is a 10 and Wilbury is a 0, I'm about a 6)

I don't even have the urge to protest. One day you'll see WJD. If we win the title next year I'll PM everyone here a picture of my dick

K1LLER7

I don't even have the urge to protest. One day you'll see WJD. If we win the title next year I'll PM everyone here a picture of my dick

You sure we'll be able to spot it, with the siza and all ;P

my guess at the Euro team:

hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Parker, Barry, Gerrard/Lampard (only one will play), Young, Walcott, Carroll/Rooney. (4-5-1)

Plasma

Banned
Somebody on my twitter feed reckons the Ox has been called up, I hope not he doesn't need more pressure put on him like Walcott did at an early age of his development.

Salvadora

Somebody on my twitter feed reckons the Ox has been called up, I hope not he doesn't need more pressure put on him like Walcott did at an early age of his development.

Oh, He will. I wouldn't doubt that at all.
Edit: He'll have the hype/pressure I mean.

rodvik

my guess at the Euro team:

hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Parker, Barry, Gerrard/Lampard (only one will play), Young, Walcott, Carroll/Rooney. (4-5-1)

I thought Roy was well known for being a 4-4-2 man through and through? I could be wrong.

Wilbur

Banned

I'll zoom motherfucker!!!

So let me get this right. No Richards. No Ferdinand. No Holt. But Zamora, Terry? I guarantee there's no Carrick.

Fuck me. Hope almost vanquished already. Why the fuck is Zamora coming?

kharma45

Just yesterday he was talking about winning more trophies with City next season. I hate agents, I really, really hate them.

The quotes from in The Telegraph's article are from him not from his agent, if he's always wanted to go back to Barca you can't blame his agent for that.

kharma45

Are the names good on soccer triads, fancy a £10 Gotze shirt!

I'll take it their shirts are *ahem* replicas? Seem awfully cheap and I'm guessing they're not the real deal.

Actually, are they replica replicas even? As the ones you'd get for £40 are still replicas.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
"People at Arsenal tried to make out that I came here for the money," Nasri told French TV station TF1. "I hope they are watching me now collecting my Premier League winner's medal. I believe they have not won a trophy for many seasons now. If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal, picking up my money every week and walking into the team. There are many people doing this right now at Arsenal. I made the hard choice to come and fight for my place at a big club, where they never settle for second best, and I have proved it correct. I now hope the Arsenal fans can get on with their lives and forget me, they should celebrate their third-place achievement and I will focus on winning titles."

- Samir, Nasri​

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...edium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed_Arsenal

Those who insisted on calling him a mercenary remain in denial because the alternative is to acknowledge what he says in his last sentence, and that is something many cant accept.

Nasri is such a humble person unlike Arsenal fans who threw him under the bus and booed him. Go go Nasri.

she can sit on mine

andale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom