• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

The most annoying thing about GAF are the posters that say they wouldn't sleep with an obviously attractive woman, just because they have fake boobs or whatever.

Don't spout that bullshit. You fucking would sleep with her.

The most annoying thing about GAF are the posters that say they wouldn't sleep with an obviously attractive woman, just because they have fake boobs or whatever.

Don't spout that bullshit. You fucking would sleep with her.
Or people who say they wouldn't do Olivia Wilde because of her "manly jaw". She may have a "manly jaw", but as I said before, not one poster on GAF is knocking her back if she offers.

I think she's great for the record.

Choc

Banned
uh oh spaghetti o

Chelsea’s jersey sponsorship contract with Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) may hinge on the London soccer team’s performance in the May 19 Champions League final against Bayern Munich.

“Being associated with a winning team is much better than a failing team so it’s natural that Samsung should wish Chelsea could win,” Hwang said in an interview in London. “Of course that will play an important role when we decide whether or not we renew the contract.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...y-determine-samsung-s-backing-of-chelsea.html

edit: i wouldn't sleep with a girl with fake breasts and i mean it. I find them really bad ,and look so fake

Clegg

Wouldn't say no to Olivia Wilde ever.

But would say no just to screw with Messi :)

Her manly jaw gives me the impression that she'd be the one in control.

uh oh spaghetti o

Chelsea’s jersey sponsorship contract with Samsung Electronics Co. (005930) may hinge on the London soccer team’s performance in the May 19 Champions League final against Bayern Munich.

“Being associated with a winning team is much better than a failing team so it’s natural that Samsung should wish Chelsea could win,” Hwang said in an interview in London. “Of course that will play an important role when we decide whether or not we renew the contract.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...y-determine-samsung-s-backing-of-chelsea.html

edit: i wouldn't sleep with a girl with fake breasts and i mean it. I find them really bad ,and look so fake
Oh well.

Wouldn't say no to Olivia Wilde ever.

But would say no just to screw with Mess :)

Her manly jaw gives me the impression that she'd be the one in control.
The best way.

Choc

Banned
hang on

if samsung pulls their deal, surely chelsea would have a NEW NEW kit for 2012/13

and they are already selling their kits

wtf

edit: oh there is more

Hwang also said his company has turned down opportunities for naming rights to various stadiums, including Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge. The Blues have failed to sell naming rights for several years and want to find a sponsor as part of proposals to move to a new stadium. The club said May 4 that it was bidding to acquire the Battersea Power Station site in London.

“Our experience is that even though we put the Samsung name on that, no media mentions Samsung but just the stadium name, so that was the actual reason,” said Hwang.

wtf. Emirates is called emirates ALL THE TIME. and the media is stopping calling st james park that and using the new name. I think thats a load of shit

Your only sour because we refuse to spend like city does. Nasri is justified to be chasing titles but don't kid yourself into thinking that's why he left or how he went about it.

Nothing wrong with Nasri chasing titles but he left because we refused to meet his demands.

I'm not sour about him leaving at all to be honest. I wouldn't be about RVP either. The only thing I'm sour about is that we seem to be regressing as a club. We're not even title challengers anymore, just three years after being considered the best side in the league and it seems like our expectations will lower as years go by.

Dibbz

Drogba to Barcelona sounds awesome

his shown his acting skills to be the best in the business, nah, all jokes aside his a brillant player and great to watch, really don't want him to go to china or russia

drog_busqvaf7f.gif

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not sour about him leaving at all to be honest. I wouldn't be about RVP either. The only thing I'm sour about is that we seem to be regressing as a club. We're not even title challengers anymore, just three years after being considered the best side in the league and it seems like our expectations will lower as years go by.

In 2009 you were considered the best side on the league ahead of a Chelsea side that scored over 100 goals and a United side a point behind?

hang on

if samsung pulls their deal, surely chelsea would have a NEW NEW kit for 2012/13

and they are already selling their kits

wtf

edit: oh there is more

Hwang also said his company has turned down opportunities for naming rights to various stadiums, including Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge. The Blues have failed to sell naming rights for several years and want to find a sponsor as part of proposals to move to a new stadium. The club said May 4 that it was bidding to acquire the Battersea Power Station site in London.

“Our experience is that even though we put the Samsung name on that, no media mentions Samsung but just the stadium name, so that was the actual reason,” said Hwang.

wtf. Emirates is called emirates ALL THE TIME. and the media is stopping calling st james park that and using the new name. I think thats a load of shit
It's happened to quite a few clubs. In fact, Newcastle changed their sponser this year due to a take over of their old sponsor. Nothing the clubs can really do about it, they always start selling the new strips this time of year, if the sponsor decides to pull out then that's just how it goes.

Would anybody here be bothered by that? I haven't bought the new shirt yet as I'm waiting to see if a special edition will be put out should we win the UCL. But if I had a shirt with Samsung and we changed sponsor I honestly wouldn't care.

Holy crap, that last page has got me worried :(

Nothing worse than the neogaf football thread at night....

Back to football! I see Modirc has come out and said he will decide his future after Euro 2012, pretty annoyed now, I don't want us to have another summer of not knowing who is going who we are buying and then come the first game of the season we have half the squad feeling sorry for themselves and half the squad out on loan and no replacements because there weren't any "right" deals around.

jtb

Banned
In 2009 you were considered the best side on the league ahead of a Chelsea side that scored over 100 goals and a United side a point behind?

In 2009, we were pretty close to the Champions League final... there was no excuse for the absolutely abysmal performance at the Emirates, another missed opportunity.
Aint that the story of the past seven years.
Then we sold Adebayor: where did that money go? Where did the Cesc/Nasri money go? Why isn't Mata in an Arsenal shirt? Why did we sell Clichy for a paltry sum (shit defender that he is, he's still a decent crosser) then buy ANDRE SANTOS. Why is Coquelin our back-up right back? Why is Arsene spouting the usual shit about how there's no money and not to expect new signings, "Diaby, Mertesacker, and Wilshere... hell, it's like we've signed a whole new squad!"

On the bright side, now there's not even any dissapointment because we were never even in the running for a trophy. Can't even win the fucking carling cup :lol

I'd say 07-08 was the last time Arsenal had a team capable of winning, not just challenging for, the title.

Wilbur

Banned
In 2009, we were pretty close to the Champions League final... there was no excuse for the absolutely abysmal performance at the Emirates, another missed opportunity.
Then we sold Adebayor: where did that money go? Where did the Cesc/Nasri money go? Why isn't Mata in an Arsenal shirt? Why did we sell Clichy for a paltry sum (shit defender that he is, he's still a decent crosser) then buy ANDRE SANTOS. Why is Coquelin our back-up right back? Why is Arsene spouting the usual shit about how there's no money and not to expect new signings, "Diaby, Mertesacker, and Wilshere... hell, it's like we've signed a whole new squad!"

On the bright side, now there's not even any dissapointment because we were never even in the running for a trophy. Can't even win the fucking carling cup :lol

I'd say 07-08 was the last time Arsenal had a team capable of winning, not just challenging for, the title.

I would also agree that 07/08 was a better Arsenal side than 08/09, but to say either time that they were the best side in the league is odd. Chelsea were far and away the best team in 08/09.

Also, notice how all the Liverpool fans are avoiding talking about banjo strings... they know something we don't.

Wilbur

Banned
Season 2 was the best.

I think on rewatch it'll be better than the first, but it's like the Wire where it dropped me in with lots of talk of Yankton and verbose dialogue that I didn't fully get my head around until late in the season. Incredible show though, can't fault a thing. Will start the third tomorrow.

Dibbz

lol take it easy. Arsenal were in crisis this season and came third. There was no way they were going to challenge for anything just losing their captain/best player
and Nasri
. Arsenal were lucky to kind keep their shit together for most of the season when they could have easily fallen down the table like everyone expected.

Yeah times have been better and the club fucked up massively the past couple of years regarding transfers but it looks like they might change and the young talent coming through looks a lot more promising than what was there a few years ago.

Fry

Kagawa signed for Manchester United in Pro Evo, lots of people tore their perineum, Everton playing Swansea in Europe, Meus being deluded again. Think that's it.

Oh, so it's probably not worth reading all the pages I missed. I'm pretty lazy today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom