• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

At this stage, I am entirely on board with the "Roy Hodgson is a twat" brigade. Let us link arms, formerly-despised Liverpool fan brethren.

If he picks fucking Zamora as well as Carroll, I will punch something. And Downing should be sent on a plane as far from the tournament as physical laws and geography allow. At least Young will pirouette in the box and get us a shady pen or two. Downing's too fucking inept to even amount to a moral disgrace.

Messi

I'd rather the Olympic team for Carroll, Cleverley etc, where they're more likely to start. But I have no fucking idea why Richards isn't in this one. I can't think of one single reason why. There's an age old stigma he can't defend but he can and he can do it well. I'd have him ahead of Walker to be honest.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MESSI

Cheers Wilbury. I would also prefer Caroll to be in the Olympic team. I think he would start in that team.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

We are pretty similar, as I turn 26 on Friday :D

Thank you. Have a good birthday yourself man

wooooooooooo
iNbSAkUUdrsDQ.jpg

:p thanks

Happy Birthday to you Messi.

Happy day of birth, Messi!

Thanks Guys :)

Happy birthday Messi

edit: too big

Oh man I laughed way too hard when I seen how big that picture was. It is fucking massive lol

Happy Birthday Messi!

I think you might be everyone's favourite member of FootyGAF, even with all the Olivia Wilde love.

You say that like its a bad thing. Also I am not even close, Fady (where is he gone?) and Yurt and Awesome are so far ahead of everyone else.

wat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MESSI

Happy Girthday Messi!

This made me laugh then :( , girth is a bad thing and I had a bad week with dieting to my girth is wider. haha, you had no way of knowing though so no worries. I also felt bad for blackburn going down because of you.

no hes not.

Also could that pic be any fucking bigger

dat jaw in 5000p

Still laughing lol

Happy birthday Messi

NcvW0.gif

NO QUESTION MARK, MOTHERFUCKERS

Saw this elsewhere, apparently was posted on Redcafe on Sunday:

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

And of course, happy birthday Messi!

Happy birthday, Messi

happy birthday messi!

All of you thank you for your good wishes.

My brother in Ireland! Happy Birthday!!!!! I wish a thousand goals scored by Messi to rain upon you!!

:) Cheers my Aul pal. have a fine day yourself.

cumpleanos feliz messi

buy yourself a nice kit as a treat

Just waiting for june to roll around then you will see a true demon of shirt collecting

A Messi, lá breithe shona duit.

Go raibh maith agat as do mhianta lá breithe. A annamh a fheiceáil ar bith teanga Gaeilge a úsáidtear thart anseo. Cé go bhfuil mo Ghaeilge le beagán rusty.

Happy b-day Messi :D

iulwbEwMAP9Jz.gif

Remember this bit of skill, United should buy Puyol for midfield.

Such a sexy piece of skill. Stay the fuck away from puyi

ok then, happy birthday messi <3

Happy Birthday Messi!

26 huh? I think that was the age where I stopped counting.
I'm 35 in December :(

Who the hell planned those celebrations?

Happy Birthday Messi/Sean. You guys are old.

You are old :p I feel quite shite today to be honest. Not the biggest birthday fan.

Happy birthday Messi, may me enjoy much success next year and own those haters with the power of unicef. :D

Also, I don't like the idea of StokEngland, not because it is boring but because I think it would work very well.

Oh I am sure we will have a most successful year. I really can't wait for David Villas return.

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag Messi! (Happy Birthday)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IRISH MESSI!

w00t! Congrats! ;)

That sounds pretty cool!
Un
fortunately you're going to miss Chiellini's glorious nose in 3D :(

Buffon did a Unicef ad not that long ago, so Barca - Juve final is pretty much confirmed by now.

I really want Barca and Juve in the same group in the CL. I would totally go to that game. But there would be no Del Piero :(

He wouldn't want to go to Chelsea, I honestly think it's just bull crap.

Happy Birthday Messi!

You are the best city poster/least annoying one. So thanks for that also.

This gen they have become my favorite studio by a long way. Love them now and buy anything they make.

Insomniac are up there but I only really like their Ratchet games. Don't care much for Resistance.

Happy Birthday messi! Enjoy it and have a great day mate.

Thank you :)

Happy birthday messi! Glad u sticked with us instead of leaving!! Hope u have a nice day, mate!

Yeah I think it was the right choice for the moment. This place make me happy so why leave.

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful messages. Made me smile when I woke up this morning. Thanks for the epically huge picture of olvia wilde that scared this shit out of me.

Oh and while I am here. I went to see Dark Shadows last night. Christ that movie is all over the place in tone and jokes. Some stuff is funny other stuff is complete crap. Also I would not help but think eva green was awful in the film. Maybe that was just my general distain for her though. Depp was good though.

tumblr_lk8r1f3chl1qd3o95o1_400.gif

dc89

At this stage, I am entirely on board with the "Roy Hodgson is a twat" brigade. Let us link arms, formerly-despised Liverpool fan brethren.

If he picks fucking Zamora as well as Carroll, I will punch something. And Downing should be sent on a plane as far from the tournament as physical laws and geography allow. At least Young will pirouette in the box and get us a shady pen or two. Downing's too fucking inept to even amount to a moral disgrace.

I'm not on board yet.

But if Richards doesn't go I'll be mad. Also people are saying if JT or Rio don't go then Cahill needs to partner who does.

Have people forgot about Lescott? Sure he makes the odd mistake but who doesn't. JT was murdered by Carroll.

Seems to me that Zamora has been shite all season, while Carroll's merely been shite for the first 7 months or so :p

Manager

I'm not on board yet.

But if Richards doesn't go I'll be mad. Also people are saying if JT or Rio don't go then Cahill needs to partner who does.

Have people forgot about Lescott? Sure he makes the odd mistake but who doesn't. JT was murdered by Carroll.

I've tried to find it again, but I read this weekend that City has losted points 48% of the times Lescott has been missing, while 78% while Kompany was (or similar numbers). He's been great.

If Richards wouldn't make it, then it's a disgrace. Utter disgrace. But rumours like these have been wrong before.

Lightning

Banned
I'm not sour about him leaving at all to be honest. I wouldn't be about RVP either. The only thing I'm sour about is that we seem to be regressing as a club. We're not even title challengers anymore, just three years after being considered the best side in the league and it seems like our expectations will lower as years go by.
I know we are falling down as a club which is why this season is considered a failure but considering where we were, as shameful as it was, this was the best we could hope for. It was bad for us that Cesc left and it will be bad if Robin leaves but I wouldn't blame either of them (and everyone knows how much I adore Cesc despite the fact he left us) but the way Nasri done in, the comments he made after he left, the disrespect he has shown when honestly he is not that good a player. Nasri annoys me because he left for money and he knows it but refuses to admit it. The man even fucked Man Utd around over money, football ambition was not his primary goal, even though he would like the world to think it was.

With Robin we all know that if he leaves it will be because of footballing reasons and this is fine, not a problem. The man is on his last contract and deserves to get the best out of it whether that be at Arsenal, City, Utd, Real Madrid or Barcelona and he will leave with my full support and love for what he has done for us and I will wish him success wherever he goes.

We've started this transfer season well with the Podolski signing, hopefully Robin will sign and we can get Yann M'Vila and Junior Hoillett and we'll have a decent squad. Another defender wouldn't hurt but I can't see us doing it and obviously a creative midfielder would be welcome but I can't see us doing that either. It's sad to see us fall down, everyone feels it, we've finished 3rd but this season has been a failure because more is expected of us as we've established ourselves as a major club. Our expectations are not lower but we are not progressing like we should and are therefore getting left behind.

Salazar

Lightning, RVP is never going to United. Cross us off the list. We will only have pocket fluff left after forking out for Kagawa.

elseanio

Apparently Welbeck is in, I'd guess Defoe too. Does the team get officially announced today? What time?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I really want Barca and Juve in the same group in the CL. I would totally go to that game. But there would be no Del Piero :(

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

edit: (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

GorillaJu

I think Downing should be considered for England. He's shit in red but the last few friendlies he's been one of the better players. Play both him and Young - I imagine that'd work quite well.

bjaelke

Also happy birthday Messi. I guess this is the perfect moment to reveal that I've been a Barcelona fan all along. This is me sporting my favorite slippers:
Not really. My landlord gave them to me when I lived in Catalonia. They're quite comfortable though.

Messi

Also happy birthday Messi. I guess this is the perfect moment to reveal that I've been a Barcelona fan all along. This is me sporting my favorite slippers:

Not really. My landlord gave them to me when I lived in Catalonia. They're quite comfortable though.

These look incredibly comfortable.

Mastadon

Banned

Socks and slippers!? This thread has hit a new low.

You monster.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
David Trezeguet: &#8220;I would like to convince Del Piero and Camoranesi to come to River"

River is my 2nd team confirmed.
tumblr_m425euPODQ1qdej7j.gif

This gif crushes me.

tumblr (and all the uploading sites I guess) are blocked at work -_-

But I know which one :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Who should we play on the wings? Honest question. James Milner? There aren't many quality English wide men.

Lennon, Walcott, Young, Chamberlain, Jarvis, Agbonlahor, Johnson. All have been vastly better than Downing.

Kean is meeting Venkys in India today

I am refreshing twitter every minute

There will be a picture on Twitter of the owners talking with Eric Black while looking at a packaging line, no Kean in sight.

Also, does this count as a smile?

0,,10303~10009548,00.jpg

It's like on those old Panini Premier League stickers - you never could tell who was smiling and who was halfway through a sentence..

Arnie

Why is Richards out again? It's ridiculous. He's better than Kyle Walker, and even then Walker can't go because of a broken toe. I like Johnson, and I personally think he should start, but Richards is a great back up, and he can play centre half.

Keans taken his wife to India with him as a birthday trip, she's also friendly with mrs Desai

He's a horrible cunt, reminds me of when we lost to Bolton and he brought his young son to the press conference the day after

bjaelke

Fifa are testing the new goal line technology next Wednesday at two Danish league games. They've finally decided on the games and one of them could very well determine the title.

Fifa are testing the new goal line technology next Wednesday at two Danish league games. They've finally decided on the games and one of them could very well determine the title.

Wait, are they doing it at your game against FCN or ours in Herning? I can only see anything about the silkeborg match.

Edit : ah, see it's in your match. Interesting.

Fuck yeah, probably the only game I am looking forward to at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom