• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
https://p.twimg.com/AtBfnyKCMAAekmc.jpg[/IG]

New City home shirt I posted a few weeks back. Kolarov was wearing it, I guess that's it then , good as confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Looks better when Kolarov is wearing it.

[quote="GQman2121, post: 37927178"]That price is amazing. Are those authentic letters and numbers?

That same shirt is over $100 here in the states.[/QUOTE]

It's not authentic by any stretch of the imagination, but its great quality.

[quote="MarshMellow96, post: 37927237"]Wait for the Juventus kit. You know it's right![/QUOTE]

Yeah, gonna do that. Will grab myself home and away if they're nice

[quote="Vivalaraza, post: 37927255"]#Pray4Kenny[/QUOTE]

#Martinez4[s]Villa[/s]Liverpool

faridmon

Just saw the selction. I really hope Jagielka is not chosen and Baines sit on the bench for the whole tournament because that list is shite.

Also, Liverpool fans diverting their joke on us. Love it! Well played.

Meier

This tweet has me rolling.

Philip Monaghan ‏ @FidgeyCent
Absolutely gutted that King Kenny is leaving Liverpool, I thoroughly enjoyed his managing techniques this season! #KeepKingKenny

As if it's his decision! :lol

Wilbur

Banned
How dare you!!!!

Liverpool getting relegated next season confirmed.

Sorry brah.

Anyway... didn't see it coming to be honest. If I was Kenny I would have asked them who they had lined up in advance, and if it was better for the club I would have stepped down. Must be someone good.

faridmon

Everton midfielder Tim Cahill has accepted a three-match ban for being sent off against Newcastle on Saturday but has accused opponent Yohan Cabaye of using language which has "no place either on or off the football pitch".

The Australian's club Everton announced yesterday that their appeal against his red card had been rejected by the Football Association.

Cahill last night issued a statement in which he said: "I accept my three-match ban.

"My reaction at the end of the game was out of character but I was disgusted at comments made to me by Cabaye."I don't wish to elaborate on the exact detail of what was said - but his words have no place either on or off the football pitch.

"Cabaye has apologised via his club's website and as far as I am concerned the matter is now closed."

Cahill was sent off by referee Andre Marriner during his side's 3-1 win over Newcastle on Sunday and French midfielder Cabaye who issued an apology on the Magpies' official website at the weekend.

"I would like to apologise for the cross words I exchanged with Tim Cahill which resulted in his red card and my booking on the final whistle," he told www.nufc.co.uk.

"It was unnecessary and, regrettably, the result of frustration and disappointment, all in the heat of the moment.

"It is out of character and for that I am sorry."
Yeha, Cabye acted like a knob. At least he apologised, but those who accused Cahil should eat Crows.

Meier

Kenny leaving his post as manager and Kenny leaving LFC are two very different things. I hope it's the former and not the latter

Well, it was reported earlier that they suggested he step down as manager and remain in some other capacity and he flat out said no.. so it seems like unless there was a complete reversal, he is out completely.

WJD

Noooo King Kenny! :(

Also, I bought the Germany away shirt today (nothing to do with the England squad announcement btw) and it's gorgeous.

ATF487

How close are you to Boston?! Could you hand John Henry a message for me?

I am technically driving there in a few hours (although West Roxbury is sort of far from Fenway)

Just saw the England squad, had a hearty LOL. I guess we'll have to wait until 2014 to see the old guard die

Its very sad for me that its come to this, but this day was coming from the second that final whistle went in the FA Cup Final. Season's are judged on league positions and cups, and that match turned this season from a success into an almost complete failure

Clegg

Had to happen.

The results really weren't good enough and Dalglish must tale the lions share of the blame.

FSG will have to get in a top quality manager now.

Rafa?

How close are you to Boston?! Could you hand John Henry a message for me?

ATF is closer, much closer. Maybe Lunchbox could do it as well. I'm about 9 hours I believe.

I am technically driving there in a few hours (although West Roxbury is sort of far from Fenway)

Just saw the England squad, had a hearty LOL. I guess we'll have to wait until 2014 to see the old guard die

Yea, he can do it.

Wilbur

Banned
If Liverpool go for Martinez, they're morons.

Yep. They need to go for someone like AVB, Klopp; someone forward thinking, proven at a high level. Martinez needs at least 2-3 years at a bigger club than Wigan and doing well or consistently finishing top 10 with Wigan.

Had to happen.

The results really weren't good enough and Dalglish must tale the lions share of the blame.

FSG will have to get in a top quality manager now.

Rafa?

If its Rafa, we'll have to wait a couple of weeks I think for the dust to settle. A lot of Liverpool fans don't like Rafa, and would not be happy at all if he replaced Kenny straight away

LegoArmo

A player like Gary Hooper will probably end his career with 0 caps for England, just because of the league he plays in. Even though he's been a bigger talent than Jelavic up here and he's storming the Premier League.

No way he should have gone to this tournmanet, obviously, but seeing how he would do in a few friendly games wouldn't have hurt.

GorillaJu

It's a sad day indeed. Absolutely "gutted" as you guys like to say.

I know I'm going to get flamed to high heaven for saying this, but I'd give damn near any limb off my body to have Jurgen Klopp manage Liverpool. You really don't get much better - but there's no way we could prize him off of Dortmund (and with good reason).

How about Pep? ;D

Edit: I mean flamed by milchmonster

Mastadon

Banned
If Liverpool go for Martinez, they're morons.

This. It would be a massive gamble at this stage. I have no doubt that Martinez is a good manager, who will turn into a quality manager if given time at a club with slightly lower expectations.

Liverpool isn't a club for up and coming managers to cut their teeth.

I would happily take Rafa. If FSG are so obsessed with stats, then it could be a match made in heaven. It's probably going to be Martinez or AVB, however. The latter I wouldn't mind - I'd love to seem him back in the PL with something to prove.

I didn't see the whole England press conf. Did anybody mention Paul Scholes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom