• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

offshore

Sky "sources" said Martinez was approached before Whelan said he hadn't been approached, so I wouldn't take too much stock in those rumours just yet.

No Bayern players = losers.
More like Bayern youth = not good enough, lol
Yaya's no coming. Bayern does pay outrageous wages (even to crappy players), but not insane, *let me just get high on those oil fumes before I sign your contract* City-level wages.

fuenf

Looks like we're interested in Yaya (according to rumors). Would be amazing! a midfield of Schweinsteiger, Yaya and Kroos.

I wouldnt believe it, like it was already mentioned his salary is far to high and City would surely command a 30m+ transfer fee. Thats far to much for a 29 year old. But if they were to spend that kind of money they should rather go after someone like K. Boateng. I still believe that Sahin is the most likely candidate.

Greg Stobart knows what's up:

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart
Martinez & AVB the only two names in the frame from what I understand. Martinez red hot favourite #LFC

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart
Liverpool move for Wigan boss Martinez to replace sacked Dalglish #LFC #WAFC -->

dc89

Eh I doubt it, Goal.com is sketchy as fuck.

Yeah. That's what I'm thinking. Whelan told the BBC a few hours ago that no contact had been made. Also;

Whelan spoke to ESPN earlier today, and he wasn't kind:

"The club have great supporters, but the place is a morgue, a desolate place, without heart, all I can say is what a shame for their supporters," he said.

"The club needs a management structure, it needs a boardroom filled with the people running the club. When we went there, there was Alan Hansen welcoming people, it was a bit embarrassing to be honest, although he was doing his best."

Whelan also insisted that the Reds should be treating the man known as 'the King' with more respect.

"They shouldn't be sacking Kenny Dalglish, they should be making him chairman, let him run the place," he continued. "As for a new manger, I am sure they might want my manager, but he's been the favourite for the West Brom job, then favourite for the Aston Villa job, now he's favourite for the Liverpool job.

"I don't know who they will appoint, they have to sort themselves out, all I can tell you is that I haven't had an approach for Roberto.

"I hope Roberto is with me for the start of the new season, but in football you can never tell. I do know that he is an honest man, and if he is approached by anyone he will tell me about it.

"If Roberto thought he could go to another club because that club was so big and the challenge so great he couldn't resist it, then I would step aside and let him, but I wouldn't think he should go to Liverpool, he would be better off with us."

Korez

The trophies room is so sexy.

<3 Zuliani
AtCIv27CQAEYZH_.jpg

AtCJQp5CQAADF95.jpg

AtCKkpfCAAA3dVw.jpg

149733_3400330721148_1056194516_2935551_252336920_n.jpg

C_27_photogallery_6501_listphoto_itemPhoto_1_immagine.jpg

553543_3399953951729_1056194516_2935454_452212538_n.jpg

Sala 3D

36611_3400052194185_1056194516_2935480_892176764_n.jpg

Davids glass
306230_3400098955354_1056194516_2935506_1228032639_n.jpg

Those goddamn Sheik pics make me want to throw up.

Why can't they at least dress & act like normal investors (who happen to be Arab), say...like Hasan Ismaik:

j1ovV.jpg

The WC in Qatar will probably be the first WC I'm going to ignore too, lol

Fry

He's someone who's prominent in OT and the picture thread, surprised you haven't seen him. You both look very similar, which is a good thing. Soultron's a baller.

ooooh, it's the guy who has a cool tag? Like I'll snowboard into a prison or something? :p I see him in the OT sometimes, never seen a pic of him though.

fuenf

It doesn't have anything to do with race.

Would "western culture supremacist" be better? it's crazy to judge someone by their appearance, culture, nationality. I dont care if someone likes City or not but it no one should judge the City owners by how the dress / behave. In fact Sheik Mansour seems to be a pretty cool guy, hate to admit it but they at least do a fine job (spending boatloads of money).

dc89

Why can't they at least dress & act like normal investors (who happen to be Arab), say...like Hasan Ismaik:

Sheikh-Mansour-006.jpg

Sheikh Mansour

C_71_article_1502115_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Khaldoon Al Mubarak (chairman)

Both the above are pics of them attending games. The chairman is there most week.

I honestly think they can dress how they wish in accordance to the culture of their own country, especially when they are in said country.

Meier

j1ovV.jpg

al Mubarak is always in "normal investor" clothing when he takes in City matches as was the Sheikh when he attended. That outfit for him is the same as a suit for a businessman elsewhere in the world.. why would he not wear it?

elsk

Banned
al Mubarak is always in "normal investor" clothing when he takes in City matches as was the Sheikh when he attended. That outfit for him is the same as a suit for a businessman elsewhere in the world.. why would he not wear it?

Because he represents an english team and not an arabian team?

dc89

I actually like his dress sense!

Khaldoon1.ashx

Very smart-casual!

If you've ever been on a flight from the Middle East to the UK you'll see a lot of arabs in traditional dress changing into 'western' clothes on the plane. They rarely wear traditional clothes outside of their own country. But even if they did, what's wrong with that?

Fry

OK, this is the worst subject we've ever talked about in this thread.

Let's go back to football, or tv shows or something

spidye

Only if you don't know the definition of race.

/edit

Well, I did look it up. Your u17 is was actually better than ours (in your regional league) this season. We ended up 4th, you won that league.
Still, they didn't put too many of your players into the first national squad*.

/edit2
* zero Bayern players in the u17 squad :p

well he said no bayern players=losers

it's quite odd that no one is in the national team although they won the league

elsk

Banned
well he said no bayern players=losers

it's quite odd that no one is in the national team if they won the league

Very common actually. I don't really get why, our U19 team is also leading their league, and I'm pretty sure we're lucky if one of those players is in the Germany U19.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
OK, this is the worst subject we've ever talked about in this thread.

Let's go back to football, or tv shows or something
I tried to derail the thread into posting pictures of cute club fans but nobody cared. :(

edit: I like the way you think, Salvadora.

Fady K

I'm finding some of the opinions here a bit strange to be honest. If someone comes from a certain culture, there's no reason for them to have to change their style if it doesn't offend anyone. Why would they?

WJD

So I can't be the only one who gets a little doughy around the midriff in exam time can I? I'm normally in pretty good shape but I just CAN'T STOP EATING.

Fady K

C'mon bro. How would you feel if you were an investor who went to a foreign land dressed in your cultural clothing only to have people look at you and want to throw up? Hasan Ismaik chose to dress however he chose to, that's fine. Doesn't mean that it's the only normal way.

And you hate it to the point where you would consider, even jokingly, ignoring a whole world cup in Qatar?

Feorax

The more I think about it, the more I'm warming to the idea of AVB. He plays a style our players should be used to, adept in Europe, and seems ideal for a long term project (at least, he would get longer than he did at Chelsea).

His transfers were also nailed-on (Mata and Cahill have both been great for Chelsea), and I suspect he would be more open to the idea of working with a DOF.

Only problem will be Gerrard and Carragher, although I would hope the former would be gracious enough to give the guy a chance, and the latter will be retiring shortly.

Meier

Because he represents an english team and not an arabian team?

Keep in mind that Mancini is visiting Dubai for the meeting. Sheikh Mansour and Mubarak are wearing their local dress as is fitting with their customs. When they are in England, they wear clothing more in line with that local custom. Makes sense to me. I think for everyone involved the subject should be dropped though (as recommended by Fry).

Az

That is a bit of an ignorant comment in regards to how the Sheikh dresses. First it's their culture, second they do dress in suits when in other countries. Doesn't matter who they represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom