• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Kean has presented his vision to the owners this includes saying hoilett and others will stay which is a blatant lie.

We will find out if she believed him shortly

gurasa

Anyone knows the source/story of this gif?

ibrgKYCvoMT0GR.gif

sohois

It's low when you consider how good of a player RVP is, players in his bracket are all on 200k plus now days.

Most of those £200k plus deals are at the likes of City, Chelsea, Anzhi, etc., there are almost no serious clubs that offer that kind of money, probably only a few Madrid players & Rooney are on that kind of money and with those clubs you've got to consider that they are still much larger that Arsenal in terms of money.

PaulLFC

It's low when you consider how good of a player RVP is, players in his bracket are all on 200k plus now days.
£130,000 per week is not low whatever the profession. Just because some teams have moved into the bracket of paying stupid money doesn't mean 130 grand a week is suddenly some sort of derisory offer.

You say "players in his bracket" as if everyone as good is on £200k +. They aren't. As sohois said there are very few clubs that offer that much money, and quite rightly too. Wages are ridiculous enough as is these days, where will they be in a few years' time? Half a million a week?

Sanjay

Most of those £200k plus deals are at the likes of City, Chelsea, Anzhi, etc., there are almost no serious clubs that offer that kind of money, probably only a few Madrid players & Rooney are on that kind of money and with those clubs you've got to consider that they are still much larger that Arsenal in terms of money.

These clubs offer 200K plus:-

Spain:-
Barca & Real.

England:-
Man Utd, Chelsea & Man City.

Have no idea about Italian & German clubs but surely even their top players would be in between 150-200k.

£130,000 per week is not low whatever the profession. Just because some teams have moved into the bracket of paying stupid money doesn't mean 130 grand a week is suddenly some sort of derisory offer.

You say "players in his bracket" as if everyone as good is on £200k +. They aren't. As sohois said there are very few clubs that offer that much money, and quite rightly too. Wages are ridiculous enough as is these days, where will they be in a few years' time? Half a million a week?

Football is big money business and growing, I see no reason why the best players should not be getting the money then the clubs. American sports, players wages dwarf Footballers and only recently we are finally reaching in the same region.

Park Ji-Sung, MF, Manchester United
Rumor: Manchester United to Real Betis/Schalke.
Likelihood: Maybe, we think.
The grafter remains a favorite of Ferguson, a fact proved by the South Korean’s selection in the Manchester derby last week. But with at least one midfielder set to arrive at Old Trafford this summer, Park is likely to find himself pushed out. Real Betis were reported to have had a bid accepted by the Red Devils, while Schalke have also been credited with an interest in the 31-year-old, who is highly unlikely to remain in England should he be shown the door at United.
link

lol Schlacke..

Andre Schuerrle, F, Bayern Leverkusen
Rumor: Bayer Leverkusen to Chelsea.
Likelihood: Too early to tell.
Chelsea are understood to be considering a bid of around $25million for the Germany international, who certainly fits the criteria required of a Blues transfer target this summer: Schurrle is young, already a full international and he won’t cost the earth. The 21-year-old, who can play in a number of positions across the forward line, only arrived at Bayer Leverkusen last summer but the temptation to more than double their money within in a year might be too hard for the Bundesliga side to resist.
link

Milan have purchased Montolivo, some midfielder from Nancy named Traore, and are now looking at buying midfielder Marco Rigoni from freshly relegated Novara. Rigoni is 32. His last appearance in Serie A before this season? In 1999 where he played a single game. For Juventus.

What are Mlan doing? Montolivo can be decent, but who are these other guys? It's like they're going the way of post-Mou Inter. Probably going to hire a new coach, make a bunch of average or worse signings with a couple of "quality" players to stitch something together.

Salazar, lovely kit. Congrats on the purchase! JUVE <3

These clubs offer 200K plus:-

Spain:-
Barca & Real.

England:-
Man Utd, Chelsea & Man City.

Have no idea about Italian & German clubs but surely even their top players would be in between 150-200k.

Football is big money business and growing, I see no reason why the best players should not be getting the money then the clubs. American sports, players wages dwarf Footballers and only recently we are finally reaching in the same region.

I think they should all get a pay cut. Everyone. Come on, over 200,000 A WEEK, for kicking a ball? No matter how good you are, that's just INSANE!!!

No wonder world economy is falling apart.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Milan have purchased Montolivo, some midfielder from Nancy named Traore, and are now looking at buying midfielder Marco Rigoni from freshly relegated Novara. Rigoni is 32. His last appearance in Serie A before this season? In 1999 where he played a single game. For Juventus.

What are Mlan doing? Montolivo can be decent, but who are these other guys? It's like they're going the way of post-Mou Inter. Probably going to hire a new coach, make a bunch of average or worse signings with a couple of "quality" players to stitch something together.

Salazar, lovely kit. Congrats on the purchase! JUVE <3

They better buy decent players or else Ibra and Silva are both going to jump ship.

dc89

Wes

venison crêpe
Strong rumour going around that Lerner is flying to Norway today. Solskjaer?

His odds have crashed from 40/1 to 8/1.

It's one thing to say we beat Spain, its another to use that victory as premise to validate confidence if we were to play them again. To do that, you need to expand your perspective to more than just the score line and review the game as a whole.

20120517-q954kdbr9bs91wk4ruw1fq1j8s.jpg

Spain had enough chances in the second half to not only draw the game but to win it by a margin. When you play sides that keep the ball for the majority of the game, you need to ask yourself whether your defence can handle them. Can England's defenders be confident against Spain? I don't see how. England would need to be at their best and hope luck is on their side. To suggest that result in November act as evidence to a strength is just something beyond comprehension IMO.

A bit late back to this, but the fact that you beat someone once is always reason to believe you can do it again. You want to look at the stats? Ok, we had as many shots on target as they did. That's how you score goals. Not by passing around in front of the 18 yard box and kicking it wide once every 5 minutes.

Also, that was the strongest Spain side they could have put out. Ours was:

Hart, Glen Johnson, Lescott, Jagielka, Cole, Walcott (Downing 46), Jones (Rodwell 56), Parker (Walker 85), Milner (Adam Johnson 76), Lampard (Barry 56), Bent (Welbeck 63)

And yes, it was a friendly. But watching the game it was very clear that both sides wanted it. This isn't me saying that England will beat Spain if we plan them again. But it's not a ridiculous thing to say.

Labadal

I was busy playing Diablo III yesterday, but did read the news about Kenny getting sacked. Who's being rumoured to come in instead.

If we're going for former coaches, we might as well hire Gerard Houllier.

Mac_Lane

Apparently, Lavezzi would be transferred from Napoli to PSG this summer. 25 million euro deal. He would earn 4.5 million a year.

That would be a terrific recruit. Next year's Champions League cannot come soon enough!

dc89

I'm no Finance expert (I'm a expert in PR) but what I'm seeing on twitter about United's finance surely is worrying.

14 months ago United had a cash balance of£134m. Today it sits at £26m. The debt sits at £435M.

United spent £71m on bond buy backs and interest in first nine months of the year.

Sergio Aguero + Yaya Toure = £62m.

Insane.

dc89

Don't you worry your ickle head about us.

It is sketchy, but we will be alright.

And there is this

I'd hate something to happen to United for lots of reasons!

I want them to be there when City do well so there is no excuses. Injuries are an excuse though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh Lippi :(
Lichtsteiner--Barzagli--T. Silva--Chiellini

:)

I like him better with Milan ;)

Apparently, Lavezzi would be transferred from Napoli to PSG this summer. 25 million euro deal. He would earn 4.5 million a year.

That would be a terrific recruit. Next year's Champions League cannot come soon enough!

Leonardo "Lavezzi is an interesting player, but for now we have not made any offer for him.”

Clegg

Its amazing that United pay out £40m a year and the debt doesn't go down. That money is going just to service the interest on the debt.

This supposed float on the stock exchange needs to happen eventually. But if Greece goes tits up then the market float is a no go.

Clegg

I honestly hope that we're not after RVP. He's 28 years old and would demand huge wages.

He's only had 1 injury free season over the last 5 years and he can't be expected to stay fully fit. I'd rather we focus on other transfer targets.

Arnie

I'd hate something to happen to United for lots of reasons!

I want them to be there when City do well so there is no excuses. Injuries are an excuse though.

I'm the opposite. I'd love to see the fallout from all the horrendously fickle fans littered throughout the world.

And before anyone twists their panties into a fisherman's knot, all big clubs have these fans, I just can't stand the United ones in particular.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm the opposite. I'd love to see the fallout from all the horrendously fickle fans littered throughout the world.

And before anyone twists their panties into a fisherman's knot, all big clubs have these fans, I just can't stand the United ones in particular.

I would merely just support City instead
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mastadon

Banned
I honestly hope that we're not after RVP. He's 28 years old and would demand huge wages.

He's only had 1 injury free season over the last 5 years and he can't be expected to stay fully fit. I'd rather we focus on other transfer targets.

Someone is going to have to keep your physio occupied now Owen has gone.

He's on sky sports News now (Owen) trying to sell himself to a club.

No Owen Hargreaves-esque DVD? No dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom