• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilshere has to have a knee operation now as well. I can't help but feel that this is the price you pay for overexposing such a young player. Permacrock.

Zabojnik

Apparently, last year Verratti cried cause he didn't want to sign for Milan. Future capitano confirmed.

RVP wants a £250,000-a-week contract? That's a little over 13m a year..

Add on the transfer fee and you're looking at 70-80m here. Normally, for a player of his quality, it's fair. But looking at his age and injury record (I assum he's going to start in the Euros), I'd pass on him.

Verratti's a crybaby confirmed.

250k£ a week? Fuck. This. Shit. I'm sorry, but this is getting ridiculous. I get it, that's how it works, it's their money to spend, etc. But there really should be some kind of salary cup, otherwise we'll end up with three, four all-star teams. Might as well let them play in their own league.

Apparently, Lavezzi would be transferred from Napoli to PSG this summer. 25 million euro deal. He would earn 4.5 million a year.

That would be a terrific recruit. Next year's Champions League cannot come soon enough!

25mil€ seems a bit low to me, considering who's selling. More like 35-40mil€. They paid 43mil€ (I think?) for Pastore, why should they pay less for a better player? I'd say they set a dangerous precedent for themselves, but I'm sure PSG's owner simply doesn't give a fuck.

Salazar

I just can't stand the United ones in particular.

lsNO2.gif

Clegg

So United spent £60m on interest and buying back debt but cash in bank has decresed by £70 odd million.

Interestingly, £4m was spent on plans for an IPO which hasn't happened yet and doesn't even look likely to happen in the near future.

For Uniteds debt to remain manageable they need success on the pitch. But to remain successful they need investment. Slightly worrying circle tbh.

dc89

City season tickets renewal go on today. Super jealous of the people who are paying close to £18 a game to watch the champions.

Even the ones who are paying like £28 a game, that's still value.

Damn. Wish I had one :(

Arnie

Concentrate on your crisis club.

Spending money to compensate managers isn't as much of a crisis as spending money to prevent haemorrhaging even more money.

Kagawa's slowly spinning down the money drain.
City season tickets renewal go on today. Super jealous of the people who are paying close to £18 a game to watch the champions.

Even the ones who are paying like £28 a game, that's still value.

Damn. Wish I had one :(

Amazing value.

Wilbur

Banned
Man United back then were pretty much unstoppable. They also consisted of mostly English players too. What a golden generation that was for England.

Even now we could play a pretty competitive British side. Might not be the best but it's still pretty good.

Amos
Smalling
Jones
Ferdinand
Evans
Young
Carrick
Scholes
Giggs
Rooney
Welbeck

dc89

Yup. It really is amazing value. They offer cheaper tickets to u21's too. I remember I could have had a season ticket 2 years ago for a little over £300.

And the loyalty scheme is good. The more you buy the cheaper it gets over the long haul etc.

Zabojnik

Elia possibly moving to Benfica? Portuguese media seem to think it's basically a done deal. No idea how much we're getting, hopefully at least 8mil€.

Rovers could offer me a free ticket and I wouldn't go until that cunt is gone

Also what a nob owen is, the championship isn't an option like he's proved himself at the top recently

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
25mil€ seems a bit low to me, considering who's selling. More like 35-40mil€. They paid 43mil€ (I think?) for Pastore, why should they pay less for a better player? I'd say they set a dangerous precedent for themselves, but I'm sure PSG's owner simply doesn't give a fuck.

Yeah, his buyout clause is 31m anyway!
Elia possibly moving to Benfica? Portuguese media seem to think it's basically a done deal. No idea how much we're getting, hopefully at least 8mil€.

*paging Benfica-GAF*

I haven't seen rvy in a while!
*edit* It's Diablo 3 isn't it :p

Wilbur

Banned
Any list with Phil Jones should be burned to the ground.

You'd kill for Jones. He's the same age as me and for half a season he was awesome. You're just a reactionary oaf.

The lack of Clev makes my eyes sting.

Substitute Scholes and you still have a wonderful team.

Or play 3 at the back!!!

Smalling
Ferdinand
Evans
Young
Cleverley
Carrick
Scholes
Giggs
Rooney
Welbeck

Salazar

Kyoufu would kill for half a kebab and a thigh-rub from some Bela Lugosi-alike Uruguayan striker.

Clegg, cheer up. Shinji likes us, and has no reason to like Arsenal. Nobody does. Meus doesn't even watch football for anything but possession and fanciness.

Maybe the pretty big age difference? Maybe because Zamps wasn't willing to sell for anything but a crazy price, considering some other company owned half of Pastore.... or maybe that Pastore is actually better? :p

Clegg

Kyoufu would kill for half a kebab and a thigh-rub from some Bela Lugosi-alike Uruguayan striker.

Clegg, cheer up.

Uniteds financial report makes for some depressing reading.

Cash in bank will be ok but the amount spent on interest is staggering. Can't see Uniteds plan on raising money through the IPO being successful either.

Wilbur

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K4xSqasgxT8

Lol, Luis Suarez will be at this Exhibition match

http://www.theworldsoccermasters.com/players.php?lang=en

List of all the players attending, theres no way I can miss this. Gonna buy tickets today.

Holy shit that's awesome. Question. Why is Altidore there?

Yes I did react by laughing at him since his own goal in January and every shit game he has had since. :p

I just bow my head in sorrow

Clegg

I was watching a replay of Crewe vs Southend last night. Nick Powell looked pretty good. He was much more poised than any other footballer on the pitch and he was a constant threat threat when he had the ball. Made some bad decisions now and then but he's clearly a very talented player.

I can see why so many clubs seem to be interested in him.

The portuguese press is talking about a one year loan. They are supposedly buying Ola John for 8 mil €, I can´t see them spending another 8 mil € for another winger without selling anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom