• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Afraid of injuries I guess. The league which there is two matches left of is more important and we are dangerously close to throwing it away (#1 is direct qualification to champions league group stage).

VtqDf.jpg

I personally think you shouldn't throw a Cup final in order to compete in a league, but again that is just me.

and Holyy shit at Brøndby!

elsk

Banned
I don't understand the Pogba hype. Has he performed amazingly in league matches or with his national team or something?

TrueBlue

lol, what team are u supporting? (so i can understand the hate)

Well if we win, we knock Tottenham (his team) into the Europa League and take their place in the CL next season. Stupid rule imo, but that's how it goes. In truth, I think they should've secured third a long time ago, then they wouldn't be waiting on us.

dc89

Mancini on Sky Arabia (it's part owned by Sheikh Mansour):

We will work on improving the team and win all possible trophies and not only Champions League.

We would like to win the Champions League next season.

Sheikh Mansour's endless support played big part of winning the title

Something far more impressive - the youth FA cup.

Talk about youth and cups! Manchester Senior Cup final tonight. City V United at The Etihad.

I wonder if there will be any streams and the like!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Trezeguet is proud!

-----------Verratti(or)Cavani/Verratti----------------
Verratti/Verratti--------------Verratti/Verratti
--------------------------------------------------
-----Marchisio/Verratti-------Verratti/Verratti----
------------------Verratti/Verratti------------------
--------------------------------------------------
Chiellini/Verratti------------Verratti/Verratti
-----Verrattii/Verratti--Verratti/Verratti---
-----------------Buffon/Verratti-----------------

Hmm, you've got a point. But going for Pazzini would feel as underwhelming as going from Aguero to Vucinic. :(

Solid lineup!

Yeah, that'd be a great squad. Still think we need a world-class CB as well, though.

Lol, I finally get what always bothered me about your avatar, fade. Pirlo's mullet. :p Get a haircut, you hippy! Bonus avatar for yurt.
Thanks!!!

We do, but IMO we can go through the next season(at least) with our current CBs.

Mats Hummels stop being a bitch and come over here
RRhJ3.gif

@bbcsport_david

Van Persie joined the Dutch squad today with no agreement either way on his future. Resolution not expected any time soon #bbcsportsday #afc

Don't expect much news either. All camps agreed a vow of absolute silence - furious with a story published on a website on Monday night #afc

He's going to stay and leave Arsenal on a free IMO.

Mancini quotes:

We will work on improving the team and win all possible trophies and not only Champions League.

We would like to win the Champions League next season.

Sheikh Mansour's endless support played big part of winning the title

Must...resist...

Meier

RVP is obviously very talented, but I'd rather City pass. If he has another exceptional season, sign him on a free next year potentially, but at his age and with his history, it just seems like too costly of a move to sign him.

Would much rather get a guy a few years younger who can be a foundation for many years a la Kun.

Some insider (or someone pretending to be one) is saying that Utd. is trying to shove Park down our throat to agree to a low transfer fee of £10 million for Kagawa.

What are we going to do with Park?
Why you so poor, Mancs? :(

So he leaves Barca (biggest club in the world?), to join City, to join a bigger club?

200px-Real_Madrid_CF.svg.png

RVP is obviously very talented, but I'd rather City pass. If he has another exceptional season, sign him on a free next year potentially, but at his age and with his history, it just seems like too costly of a move to sign him.

Would much rather get a guy a few years younger who can be a foundation for many years a la Kun.
Why would the cost matter? I get wanting a longer-term prospect but the cost is irrelevant to City.

The big plus for City is that it weakens a direct rival quite considerably.

Meier

Why would the cost matter? I get wanting a longer-term prospect but the cost is irrelevant to City.

The big plus for City is that it weakens a direct rival quite considerably.

Not the transfer cost which obviously is fairly negligible, but if he ends up getting injured and moves down the pecking order, do we really want someone sitting on the bench at 250 a week for a few more years? He'd be impossible to sell due to his wages... we've encountered this problem enough already and FFP is looming.

K1LLER7

City could sign higuain or Cavani. But do they need a striker? Unless they sell either Dzeko/Balotelli/Tevez, they should buy a top winger instead. They aren't lacking in goals and Tevez will be there from the start next season unless he decides to have a mid-season holiday.

elsk

Banned
Some insider (or someone pretending to be one) is saying that Utd. is trying to shove Park down our throat to agree to a low transfer fee of £10 million for Kagawa.

Kagawa will end up in Arsenal (or Chelsea), just wait and see haha.

Dibbz

lol. United fans must be shitting their pants if this deals breaks down.

Meier

City could sign higuain or Cavani. But do they need a striker? Unless they sell either Dzeko/Balotelli/Tevez, they should buy a top winger instead. They aren't lacking in goals and Tevez will be there from the start next season unless he decides to have a mid-season holiday.

The expectation is Tevez and Dzeko will be sold.. Adebayor wants to stay at Tottenham but I guess we'll see what happens with that.

I think Mancini will keep Balotelli for at least one more year or until the January transfer window (maybe he'll have some other blow up causing him to finally be sold) personally.

TrueBlue

I want Chelsea to sign a good right-back. Bosingwa just doesn't cut it for me, and I feel Ivanovic is best suited to the centre. I would love to sign Micah Richards from City, but that's extremely unlikely given the circumstances.

jtb

Banned
Wonderful. Why can't the Arsenal camp just make RVP an ultimatum? Last thing Arsenal need is another summer of transfer uncertainty, while we get beaten repeatedly to our transfer targets. If he wants to play in the reserve league with his former teammates Kolo, Adebayor, and surely Nasri (once they buy Hazard), while collecting a cool 250k a week, let him. Time to cash out and buy a reliable replacement that isn't injury prone.

Wessiej

PEOPLES. It's almost saturday, CL final day. Can't wait. BBQ with friends, enough beer so we don't care who will win. One of the best sportsdays of the year.

Except from Holland winning the EC.

dc89

Talk about youth and cups! Manchester Senior Cup final tonight. City V United at The Etihad.

I wonder if there will be any streams and the like!

Just informed by City that mcfc.co.uk are doing a live stream if anyone's interested. Could be a good game! I'll put a link up when it's available.

Wessiej

Wonderful. Why can't the Arsenal camp just make RVP an ultimatum? Last thing Arsenal need is another summer of transfer uncertainty, while we get beaten repeatedly to our transfer targets. If he wants to play in the reserve league with his former teammates Kolo, Adebayor, and surely Nasri (once they buy Hazard), while collecting a cool 250k a week, let him. Time to cash out and buy a reliable replacement that isn't injury prone.
Now you're just mad at the best player in the PL, playing for your team. Be proud of him man.

Because Arsenal aren't in a position of strength. All the power lies with RVP.

I don't think Arsenal will sell. Only if they receive a ridiculous bid, £30m+, which they won't.

fuenf

Dortmund should offer him to City would be win/win/win.

TeegsD

Browsing GAF related extensions for chrome and I see neogafbans.com.

Hmm... interesting!

Speaking of GAF extensions does anyone have a link to the Live Thread extension. It stopped working after they updated the site so I got rid of it but I missed it during games and with E3 coming up, I definitely want to have it.

Arnie

Would love to see Solskjaer given a chance at Villa, he and Beckham are the only former United players of the last 20 years that I don't despise. That documentary of him was excellent.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Some rumour news - Real Madrid interested in Yaya Toure.

Oh snap. Now City fans know how the rest of us feel.

The Arsenal board would never allow it. It would be pissing £30m down the drain. After the Euros, RVP will have played non-stop for 12 months and there is not a chance in hell he will be able to repeat the feats of this season. What if he gets crocked in September and misses the whole season? Then they don't have the player and they don't get the transfer fee either. Either he signs a new contract or he's sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom