• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Now you're just mad at the best player in the PL, playing for your team. Be proud of him man.

meh. Cesc was irreplaceable. RVP, while I love him, is just too injury prone and benefits from playing in a system that would reward just about any half-decent striker you stick up front (read: not Chamakh or Park). Not that RVP isn't fantastic, he is, and I'll be sad when he leaves, but he's far from irreplaceable. Regardless, relying on injury prone players; consistently ruining Arsenal's seasons since the Invincibles!

Because Arsenal aren't in a position of strength. All the power lies with RVP.

I don't think Arsenal will sell. Only if they receive a ridiculous bid, £30m+, which they won't.

The club is bigger than the player; give him the offer. If he accepts it, great. If he doesn't, fine; throw him on the transfer list so he can leave and Arsenal can collect their fee. Win-win. All I'm saying is that it should be best for both parties to get a quick resolution... dragging this out after the Euros is basically last summer all over again. As for the second part, I never underestimate Mancini's "needs" for more players, in an attempt to cover up his inept managerial ability. Dzeko's not scoring, Balotelli's unreliable, Tevez... lol... so why not have another striker.

Feorax

Apparently we've invited Brendan Rodgers for an interview.

Not sure how to react to that. Dont think he's quite ready for the expectation that will be on him personally.

Also, we've apparently been given permission to speak to Martinez. Oh dear...

LFC have asked Wigan for permission to speak with Roberto Martinez - The Times

Whelan: "I don’t know the exact timescales of when he is due to meet with the Liverpool owners but I will never stand in Roberto’s way.”#LFC

Slizz

Haha! Having a bit of a nightmare here!

I can't add anything to my basket, so I decide maybe I need an account. Sign up... get no email... try and sign in... it won't let me...

Weird, although I used Google Checkout(which was very simple) I was able to add items to my basket regardless.

Haha! Having a bit of a nightmare here!

I can't add anything to my basket, so I decide maybe I need an account. Sign up... get no email... try and sign in... it won't let me...
That's odd, I'm not having any problems with adding anything to my basket and I don't have an account.

Arnie

Apparently interviewing a few people, not just locking up proceedings and offering Martinez the job. Hope AVB is one of them, and Dechamps, and Klopp.

Got a horrible image of Martinez, Rogers and Lambert in a room.

Arnie

Tony Evans, who I'm inclined to believe said he's getting strong indications that it won't be AVB for LFC.

Sad. Now we return to the depressing links to average or unproven managers.

fuenf

Apparently interviewing a few people, not just locking up proceedings and offering Martinez the job. Hope AVB is one of them, and Dechamps, and Klopp.

Got a horrible image of Martinez, Rogers and Lambert in a room.

The whole process looks almost identical to the way baseball (/american) clubs would proceed. I think FSG's roots are finally showing.

dc89, soccertriads are mad because since you are a Manchester City fan, you must spend like a Manchester City fan!!

EDIT: Also, I'm sad because I won't get to watch the CL championship live :(

Wes

venison crêpe
Villa fans will probably know what I say when MysteryMan has just let on it's going to be Ole.

Would love to see Solskjaer given a chance at Villa, he and Beckham are the only former United players of the last 20 years that I don't despise. That documentary of him was excellent.

I was already pleased with the choice but after watching the documentary I'm very happy.

dc89

dc89, soccertriads are mad because since you are a Manchester City fan, you must spend like a Manchester City fan!!

Haha!! But as a mean to collect some shirts they seem pretty good!

I don't know what to get! Argentina shirt with Aguero is running in the front of my mind as means to start my collection!

Feorax

If we appoint Martinez, then we need a proper director of football, not just a glorified scout.

Martinez plus Txiki Begiristain would still be a gamble, but might just work.

Hixx

Martinez? So they're going to go from being average and being dislikeable to average and likeable. Which is a step up but I can't imagine it's one Liverpool fans will be over the moon about...

faridmon

Apparently we are buying the Rangers player Steven Naismith. It could very well be an intriguing purchase.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footba...ice-swoop-for-steven-naismith-86908-23862431/
The full scale of the crisis engulfing the club was highlighted when Record Sport learned talisman Naismith could be the first of seven star players to be lured away for a knockdown price. Former Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic has urged Everton boss Davie Moyes to land Naismith for a £2m snip.

Moyes has already held discussions with Jelavic and former Rangers skipper Davie Weir about launching a raid on Rangers for the Scotland man when the transfer window opens for business on June 1.

And Jelavic – who has been a smash hit in the Premier League since swapping Govan for Goodison in January – has pleaded with Moyes to reunite him with his former strike partner who, as we revealed yesterday, is one of seven star names in Ally McCoist’s first-team squad available on the cheap.

Jelavic’s opinion is highly valued by Moyes, the rest of the club’s coaching staff and the money men on Merseyside who are still preening themselves over the £5m capture of the Croat on the final day of the January sales.

And even though Naismith is still recovering from the second cruciate ligament injury of his career, Moyes believes that, at just £2m, it’s a gamble Everton can hardly afford not to take.
Feel bad for rangers, but we should act fast. Sorry Rangers fans.

Man Ole is gonna manage in the PL this is so exciting! I'm hyped.

No, Scholes is a knob.

Good player though.
article-2119125-124CF262000005DC-71_634x478.jpg

Great player, even greater man.

Yeah, that'd be a great squad. Still think we need a world-class CB as well, though.

Lol, I finally get what always bothered me about your avatar, fade. Pirlo's mullet. :p Get a haircut, you hippy! Bonus avatar for yurt.

pirlofade.png
alexyurt.jpg

I'm thinking of ditching Pirlo for something different. I'm avatar begging if you haven't noticed. :p

We do, but IMO we can go through the next season(at least) with our current CBs.

Mats Hummels stop being a bitch and come over here
RRhJ3.gif

I don't get the argument that we nee a starting CB, honestly. We'll need one when Barzagli is too old, but until then, who do we bench? The obvious answer is Bonucci, but let's face facts here: we only let in 20 goals, it doesn't get much better than that. With effective squad rotation we should be fine, bringing Chiellini in from the left or Caceres on for this season definitely.

Surprising news of the day:

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy
I'm told that Steve Kean has come out of his latest Venky's crisis meeting in India today without losing his job

Kean preparing to troll the Championship.

Feorax

If he is appointed, i will support him thoroughly and give him the opportunity he deserves.

However, I cannot understand the logic of sacking a manager for coming 8th in the league, and then hiring one who came 15th.

Arnie

If he is appointed, i will support him thoroughly and give him the opportunity he deserves.

However, I cannot understand the logic of sacking a manager for coming 8th in the league, and then hiring one who came 15th.

Same.

I'll direct my vociferous reaction towards FSG, not Martinez.

Clegg

If United lose out on Kagawa because they weren't prepared to pay the transfer fee then I will be very annoyed.

Especially because we spent £18m on Ashley Young last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom