• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

If Higuaín leaves I'm gonna kill a puppy and drown a kitten!!

Stay the fuck away from our "El Pipita"!!

mourinho prefers benz and i don't see that changing

so i can understand why higuain wants to leave

if we get a good offer, let him go

Choc

Banned
its about 8 hours long guys, i am on the final mission

also

Barcelona star Lionel Messi has pledged to pay the medical bills for a 12 year-old boy who was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency (GHD), the same illness Messi encountered as a child.

Zabojnik

Could someone recommend me a cheap Android 4.0 tablet? Like, made in China cheap, one of those no-name eBay things. I'd mostly use it for browsing GAF / the intertubes while watching tv / football, which is why I'm asking here.

Ideally, here's what I'd like:

- 150-200€ pricetag
- 10" screen
- Android 4
- capacitative touchscreen
- decent screen resolution (1***x***)

You are my Solskjaer, my Ole Solskjaer, you make me happy, when skies are grey, Pep Guardiola, was f**king dearer, so plz don't take my Solskjaer away.

Snap it up Villa fans.

_42678717_manu_416.jpg

I kinda want him to stay at Molde and bide his time and build up his credentials and experience, they could have been playing European football too which would have been great for Ole. But this is such a great opportunity for him take on a great job. I just really really hope it work out for Ole, he deserves it. Was great as Reserve coach for us and has done brilliantly well at Molde too.

After seeing the documentary MUTV did on him at Molde I'll be gutted for them...but how exciting for Villa fans. Can't wait to play Villa next season if this happens!

rodvik

You are my Solskjaer, my Ole Solskjaer, you make me happy, when skies are grey, Pep Guardiola, was f**king dearer, so plz don't take my Solskjaer away.

Snap it up Villa fans.

_42678717_manu_416.jpg

I kinda want him to stay at Molde and bide his time and build up his credentials and experience, they could have been playing European football too which would have been great for Ole. But this is such a great opportunity for him take on a great job. I just really really hope it work out for Ole, he deserves it. Was great as Reserve coach for us and has done brilliantly well at Molde too.

After seeing the documentary MUTV did on him at Molde I'll be gutted for them...but how exciting for Villa fans. Can't wait to play Villa next season if this happens!

Yeah it would be epic. Molde would be getting a big payout so they could invest. Villa fans sites are buzzing. It would be exciting whether he did well with us or not. I am pleased Lerner is thinking outside the box.

Still hasnt happened yet though. Its going to be a big let down now if it doesnt...

Wow the fans really don't believe in this england team do they?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/more-russian-than-english-fans-buy-838189

Tickets sold:
Poland: 291,000
Ukraine 168,000
Russia 100,000
England 21,000

On the other hand its good that Russia will have such strong support at this Euro. Might help ease the usual choking tendencies.
England fans are being charged ridiculous rates for things like flights and hotels which isn't helping.

Even so, I bet by the time the games come around there will be a majority of English fans at every England game.

Ashes

Banned
Wow the fans really don't believe in this england team do they?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/more-russian-than-english-fans-buy-838189

Tickets sold:
Poland: 291,000
Ukraine 168,000
Russia 100,000
England 21,000

On the other hand its good that Russia will have such strong support at this Euro. Might help ease the usual choking tendencies.

The Government is advising some of its ethnic minority groups not to go for fear of racial abuse.

And the England games are pretty damn expensive.

Oh and on Nasri, alot of people very close to United (for example RedIssue who usually are spot on) were saying that he had agreed to go there, but City came in and offered close to £60k-£70k more a week and suddenly he changed his mind.

Worked out for him anyway. In a way I'm not that bothered we missed out on him. We probably would have tried to play him in CM and I'm not sure he's great there. He's better than Young though...not sure if the two transfers were related however.

RI also ran a story on their sanctuary a while back saying that Wilshere had failed a drugs test for recreational drugs. I'm not saying it's definitely true...but when you think about the setback's he's had with seemingly no explanation (for example why does he suddenly need a knee operation?) and the FA's policy of protecting some players who fail drugs test for recreational drugs...speculation I guess but it's quite possible.

Blablurn

the german women team lost the CL final
the bayern basketball lost the final game of their playoff series
miami heat lost as well :/

hey, come on. i wouldnt mind a win tmw :|

Labadal

I've been thinking about transfers and come to the conclusion that we might actually lose some quality players. Skrtel wants CL football. Reina leaving wouldn't surprise me. He's a good keeper despite not having a great season (some blunders), we'd be lucky to get someone as good as him. Don't know about Suarez, everything could happen. The one I REALLY want to stay is Agger. He's a great player when he isn't out with injuries. We look much better with him in the back line. Lucas is also a player we need, but there's probably no one interested in him, considering his injury.

Carragher has been great and very loyal. I will always like him, but I hope he retires before next season. Kuyt has also been a great player for us, but he isn't the player he used to be. It's time for some change. We have Kelly and Coates who can play CB. Maybe Sterling will get some games on the wing next season.

I also fear that we will keep players like them and that means another year of no CL. I doubt Adam and Downing would leave. Spent too much on Downing. Henderson could be good as CM, and if he actually "plays". Don't hide, dude.

dc89

Would Liverpool be audacious enough to approach a certain Mr Moyes?

Just got a email from EA! Medal of Honor TV premier is on during the Champions League final. Isn't BLOPS2 too?!

sohois

Would Liverpool be audacious enough to approach a certain Mr Moyes?

The owners wouldn't be stupid enough - note that I'm not implying by this that Moyes would be a stupid option compared to the likes of Martinez & Rogers, rather that the fans would be in uproar; FSG will have seen what happened at Villa. Unlikely Moyes would do it anyway.

Labadal said:
I've been thinking about transfers and come to the conclusion that we might actually lose some quality players. Skrtel wants CL football. Reina leaving wouldn't surprise me. He's a good keeper despite not having a great season (some blunders), we'd be lucky to get someone as good as him. Don't know about Suarez, everything could happen. The one I REALLY want to stay is Agger. He's a great player when he isn't out with injuries. We look much better with him in the back line. Lucas is also a player we need, but there's probably no one interested in him, considering his injury.

Can't see any players really pushing for a transfer yet. Skrtel is still pretty underrated by most it seems, i don't see any top CL clubs going in for him/ being able to afford what Liverpool would demand. Reina is more likely to leave but fortunately there aren't really any big teams that would splash out so much for GKs at the moment.

Hixx

Play Off final AND CL final tomorrow? Oh that's nice. Thought the PL might have been on sunday.

SAFC linked with N'Zonzi today (along with half the league :p), I'd take him. One of the few Blackburn players who looked decent this season.

Play Off final AND CL final tomorrow? Oh that's nice. Thought the PL might have been on sunday.

SAFC linked with N'Zonzi today (along with half the league :p), I'd take him. One of the few Blackburn players who looked decent this season.

That's not how you spell N'Zogbia... or is this the one transfer window where you guys don't want him? ;)

Joe

Does anyone know roughly how much tickets to the cl final currently cost 2nd hand? Curious to see how much they are fetching.

Hixx

That's not how you spell N'Zogbia... or is this the one transfer window where you guys don't want him? ;)

He'll probably get linked. Like Robbie Keane always used to.

But with McClean I don't think we need a quick left footed attacking player any more.

He'll probably get linked. Like Robbie Keane always used to.

But with McClean I don't think we need a quick left footed attacking player any more.

Only concern with McClean is he seems to be too 1 footed. Strong and powerful drives down the left flank are great, but I think once fullbacks realise that they can show him inside and he'll cut inside he'll have to work on his game a little.

Hixx

He's started to cut inside more often in recent weeks and you can see he's working on it. When he initially had to start doing it, you knew it was going to end up in a throw in for the opposition. He's starting to get a few decent cracks on target with his right, hopefully he continues to work on it over the summer.

Be nice to have a left back who could support him as well, I suppose. Bardsley and O'Shea do have a tendency to do stupid/terrible things.

Mastadon

Banned
SSN are suggesting that 12 candidates will be interviewed for the Liverpool job. Unless that includes unrealistic fantasy targets like Klopp and Pep, then I'm struggling to think of more than 7 who would be suitable.

Salazar

SSN are suggesting that 12 candidates will be interviewed for the Liverpool job. Unless that includes unrealistic fantasy targets like Klopp and Pep, then I'm struggling to think of more than 7 who would be suitable.

Phil Brown only counts as half a candidate.

Carbonox

The sheer retardation from the media on footballing matters is sublime. The amount of stories I've read where they claim Newcastle are looking to sell Ba and replace him with Luuk De Jong is astonishing, despite Pardew explicitly stating that Newcastle are working on a new deal with Ba.

I do want De Jong though as we could do with a top non-African striker.

We're also seemingly going to be in the Vodacom challenge, which is supposed to be a big summer tournament. Friendlies with teams like Sporting Lisbon are lined up too.

Also seems we're one of the favourites for Nathaniel Clyne along with Man Utd. Either way, GIVE ME GOOD NEWS NEWCASTLE.

Carbonox

Unofficially, I'm here to say fuck off, do one, no chance you mug.

That Verratti clip is hnnnnggg. If only he didn't bleed Juve.

You're not having both Debuchy and Clyne. Pick one and we'll take the other. :p

Tbh, we're more likely to get Debuchy. We don't need Clyne as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom