• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rovers new shirt is actually quite smart and as a bonus they show you what it would look like on a fat guy

0,,10303~10857574,00.jpg

Kenka

Holy shit, anyone remember that Düsseldorf - Hertha relegation playoff? Well today the German Sports Court probes the case and referee Wolgang Stark gave an eyetwitness report about the events after the game:

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/dfb/darum-geht-es-heute-vor-dem-sportgericht-24206712.bild.html

Rough translation of the most important points:

• [*]Hertha's Mijatovic called Stark a wanker.
    [*]Hertha's Lell grabbed Stark's arm and called him a coward and a pig.
  • Kobiaschwili tried to hit Stark in the face but Stark ducked away and Kobiaschwili's fist only connected with the back of his head. Stark lost his balance but luckily he could grab a handrail as otherwise he would've fallen down a flight of stairs. Stark still suffered a hematoma as a result that had to be treated.
  • 4 to 5 Hertha Berlin players followed Stark and tried to charge into his dressing room.
  • The referees had to hold the doors of the dressing room so that the Hertha players couldnt enter. Someone called him an asshole
  • Stark has never seen anything like that, he says that he was in fear and close to tears.

Guess even Joey Barton could learn a thing or two from the Hertha players. ;) Wonder if his agent already offered him to Hertha.

tumblrldecedxwrx1qahqmu.gif

Blablurn

Holy shit, anyone remember that Düsseldorf - Hertha relegation playoff? Well today the German Sports Court probes the case and referee Wolgang Stark gave an eyetwitness report about the events after the game:

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/dfb/darum-geht-es-heute-vor-dem-sportgericht-24206712.bild.html

Rough translation of the most important points:
  • Hertha's Mijatovic called Stark a wanker.
  • Hertha's Lell grabbed Stark's arm and called him a coward and a pig.
  • Kobiaschwili tried to hit Stark in the face but Stark ducked away and Kobiaschwili's fist only connected with the back of his head. Stark lost his balance but luckily he could grab a handrail as otherwise he would've fallen down a flight of stairs. Stark still suffered a hematoma as a result that had to be treated.
  • 4 to 5 Hertha Berlin players followed Stark and tried to charge into his dressing room.
  • The referees had to hold the doors of the dressing room so that the Hertha players couldnt enter. Someone called him an asshole
  • Stark has never seen anything like that, he says that he was in fear and close to tears.

Guess even Joey Barton could learn a thing or two from the Hertha players. ;) Wonder if his agent already offered him to Hertha.

kobiashwili is sooooo fucked

This made me giggle.

What do you think, will v. Persie and Huntelaar both play?

Also WTF @ Bouma>Emanuelson
I hope Van Marwijk has finally found a formation where Huntelaar and van Persie can play alongside each other. I wouldn't mind Huntelaar playing a striker and v. Persie playing between Sneijder and Huntelaar with Robben/VDV/Afellay/Narsingh on the wings. Hell maybe v. Persie can do a great job as a winger I don't know. And yes, our defense is boned. :/

Zabojnik

Here you go fade, take your pick (or not, it was a quick job :)).

Quoting for fadetoblack. I'll use one or two, if you won't. :p

Watching Gazzetta's video of our goals from the season. I got to say, Matri scored some real lovely goals for all the chances he failed to put away in the second half of the season. I really do think he's fantastic.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing watching the video. Conte didn't do him any favours switching to 3-5-2. He needs Vucinic on one side and Pepe at his best on the other to take full advantage of his skillset. He's a great finisher.

18 years ago.

Dat Savicevic. I wonder when (if) we'll ever play another final like that one.

The proper Vucinic!

TeegsD

Looks like a Sporting v. Newcastle game is likely during the break. This sounds like it'll be fun. Preview for Europa league.

elsk

Banned
There's going to be a Choreografie tomorrow, a small one, since only a small part of the Club n.12 managed to get tickets.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
somehow I strangely feel that Chelsea is gonna beat Bayern 5-2 this saturday...
:/

faridmon

Some reports are saying that Steven Naismith is closer to sign a deal with us. Any heads up impression from the SPL-GAFs? Apparantly Jelavich reccomended him to Moyes intensly.

TeegsD

Would anyone be so kind as to turn this image into an avy and stick a Portuguese flag on it.

2O1Dp.jpg

I will be forever in your debt

faridmon

For Once, I am on your side Bayern-GAF. Comeon
and get ready for those bitter tears

Joking, I am %100 neutral, whoever wins, I lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom