• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korez

Valencia home kit

valencia-home-joma.jpg

Probable PSG Kit 2012/2013

403386_4024218253819_1532392956_3366161_564487418_n.jpg

LegoArmo

Some reports are saying that Steven Naismith is closer to sign a deal with us. Any heads up impression from the SPL-GAFs? Apparantly Jelavich reccomended him to Moyes intensly.

Good, solid, player. Also a cunt. He doesn't do anything spectacularly well, but there's not much he does badly, if that makes sense.

faridmon

Good, solid, player. Also a cunt. He doesn't do anything spectacularly well, but there's not much he does badly, if that makes sense.

Apart from bolded, He seems to fit Everton :/ Boring.
I guess this means that Moyes have decided to not rely on Cahill anymore, and I am glad it has come to this. Cahill, as much as I respect him and consider him as the modern true Evertonian, have been a weak link in our team. Haven't scored for a well over a year before January and the only reason he have improved in the latter half of the season is because of the other players who have contributed greatly to the team such Jelavich and Pianaar. His time is finished, he seems slow and his techniques have dwindled a lot. I guess Naismith is coming and provide more solution for the faux-attacker role in our team and in case of our striker getting injured, a more attractive 4-6-0.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Alriiiight people, so Verratti looks like a girl.. from a certain poorly lit angle
THjTM.gif
I get it
THjTM.gif

At least he can charm his way out of yellows!
W19Zo.gif
Which explains all the two footed tackles!
W19Zo.gif
Chiellini won't get away with that :p
unless I'm refereeing the game <3

Edit: Watching Gazzetta's video of our goals from the season. I got to say, Matri scored some real lovely goals for all the chances he failed to put away in the second half of the season. I really do think he's fantastic.

Matri actually (statistically) earned us the most points this season. All his goals and assists, except for one, were decisive.

Quoting for fadetoblack. I'll use one or two, if you won't. :p

I'll use two!

LegoArmo

Apart from bolded, He seems to fit Everton :/ Boring.
I guess this means that Moyes have decided to not rely on Cahill anymore, and I am glad it has come to this. Cahill, as much as I respect him and consider him as the modern true Evertonian, have been a weak link in our team. Haven't scored for a well over a year before January and the only reason he have improved in the latter half of the season is because of the other players who have contributed greatly to the team such Jelavich and Pianaar. His time is finished, he seems slow and his techniques have dwindled a lot. I guess Naismith is coming and provide more solution for the faux-attacker role in our team and in case of our striker getting injured, a more attractive 4-6-0.

Is Pienaar a loan or will he be back for good?

I really like those avatars, Zab. I think I'll use Iaquinta because LOL.

But thinking that the ItalJuve crest is too tempting.

I'll decide when I get home, or maybe tomorrow after Coppa :D

faridmon

Is Pienaar a loan or will he be back for good?

I honestly don't know. The fact remains that Moyes and the players want him to stay. it seemed he clearly enjoyed playing for us, however, it could also be a way to advertise himself to bigger clubs. However, none of them have made an offer or a slight interest in him and Tottenham doesn't want him back. Sunderland have a made an initial offer which was 5 million for him as reports indicates, but I am sure he does not want go there as it is a downgrade for him. This makes me a bit more hopeful.

But again, the summer is upon us and I wouldn't surprise if a bid or two came for him from the bigger clubs. It all depends on how much the club is willing to advance and be more ambitious next season. There are some talks that Moyes insisting of not renewing his contract - which expires next year - unless there is some funding to be had, which will make Kenwright to cough up some money for transfer.

Not many people are going to pay much for a 31 year old with one season of PL experience behind him. Don't really see where else he can go.
If the price is ready, I can see him doing really well at Everton. Two Upfront? Damn, that is some wet fantasy there.

It would be a pretty mental season if Chelsea won the UCL. Particularly for the likes of Gary Cahill. Leaving a club in January that would go on to get relegated, only for him to achieve FA Cup and UCL winners medals.

Empty

Grant hilt hands in transfer request!

this really rubs me the wrong way. lambert signed him from league 2 and brought him all the way to the premier league, making him club captain while he was at it. it's hardly like norwich are some totally struggling, miserable team either.

Hixx

this really rubs me the wrong way. lambert signed him from league 2 and brought him all the way to the premier league, making him club captain while he was at it. it's hardly like norwich are some totally struggling, miserable team either.

He's probably sick of being rotated when he's been in pretty decent form all season. He's a better player than Morison.

LegoArmo

Maybe he found out his manager is leaving and want to go with him to Liverpool.

faridmon

This Saturday at 8:30pm, during the half-time of the UEFA Champions League Final on Sky Sports 1, EA will be debuting a brand new trailer for the highly anticipated first-person shooter Medal Of Honor Warfighter.

Don't forget to tune into the UEFA Champions League final on Sky Sports 1 to see the full length gameplay trailer at 8:30pm, this Saturday May 19th. For more info head to the official Medal Of Honor Warfighter site.
You can see the trailer here: http://uk.askmen.com/entertainment/videogame/medal-of-honor-warfighter-exclusive-trailer-reveal.html

Hixx

He have been part of the reguler 11 throught the season and played 35 games in the league...

Didn't say he didn't play in a lot of games. Said he'd been rotated a lot, though, especially when Lambert moved to 4-5-1 where Morison was preferred.

Mastadon

Banned
I'm an honorary Italian fan for the Euro's, in solidarity with my Juve supporting brothers. Could someone Italianise Patrick for me?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mastadon
W19Zo.gif
<3
Chiellini&#8217;s sibling was also asked about reports of interest from Manchester City.

Claudio Chiellini (also agent) &#8220;I don&#8217;t think there&#8217;s any need to comment on certain rumours that emerge at this time of year to fill up the newspapers."

chiellini_tifosiR400_thumb290x200.jpg

faridmon

Didn't say he didn't play in a lot of games. Said he'd been rotated a lot, though, especially when Lambert moved to 4-5-1 where Morison was preferred.

They did change the formations throughout and was subbed 12 times (according to his Norwich profile), I do remember him saying something about him not liking to not come off, but I doubt that is the reason why he is handing the transfer request especially in an interview after the Villa game, he mentioned the fact that he was happy at the club and at the managers tactics.

Link:http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/spor...ents_will_take_some_time_to_sink_in_1_1376448

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom