• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

GnyLG.jpg

Sorry, I was bored, it's really low-res btw because it took me about a minute.

hahahahaha

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Grant Holt has submitted a transfer request? I think Harry just found Adebayor's replacement.

Messi

luj7P.png

h2J1L.png

fejEc.png

If you want different combinations then please say so. I don't mind ;)

Oh and do you mind picking the Olivia avatar you want to be edited?

When I get home from work I'll get a new pic.

Actually fuck the euros. Some one gives me an Olivia in a barca kit and I'll use that lol

Edit: thanks btw

kottila

LOL. the initial reports were off. Røkke, a billionaire who's company is a shareholder and has spent tens of millions of pounds on the club and their arena for 20 years, is extremely angry at Solskjær for going to England for the interview and not answering a set of questions they asked him yesterday: whether he would consider leaving the club in the middle of the season and take players/support staff with him if he leaves. So now they're going to sell their stock back to the club for a nominal fee and stop supporting them (might still keep supporting the younger players).

so the club is imploding and Solskjær haven't even been offered the position yet.

Slizz

Made one of the best defensive plays I've ever done just now in FIFA. The events prior to the replay were basically a typical RM breakaway my whole back line was beat. I was controlling Hummels the entire time and tracked all the way the fuck back to make this sliding stop on the goal line.... awesome.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/122388422

Thanks for the Birthday wishes.
Happy B-day. Also there have been a lot of footy GAF b-days lately I might have missed some so belated b-day wishes to the rest of ya.

dc89

Guys, I just finished my design for my first Uni project with Revit. Couldn't be happier. Now piss of AutoCad:

ouacA.png

Looks nice! Good work and good luck with Uni!

Some guy on Sky News then was walking around with a placard saying "Will buy 2 tickets for €2000" in English and German.

Insane!

I got my brother a Champs League final programme from 2009. He's a red so I got it him. Before you ask, I didn't go but a guy I know has access to them and gets them an sells them on.

So, I'm reading that Solksjaer is insisting that he has strong financial backing from Lerner, and has the freedom to do what he wants to do. I know Lerner has the money. But that is quite a risk.

Meier

Speculation building that City will grab Van Persie. Guardian running a story on it now.

Yep, here's the story:
Manchester City are confident they are best placed to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal, with the champions considering making him the club's highest-paid player. Khaldoon al-Mubarak, the chairman, may sanction offering the Dutchman more than the £250,000 weekly salary earned by Yaya Touré.

The potential deal is far enough along for the possible move to have been the talk of the dressing room for a few weeks. City, who have been conducting homework on the striker for some time, are confident that Van Persie will leave Arsenal and that the lure of joining the title winners plus a salary that would take him beyond Touré and Carlos Tevez, the club's highest-paid players, will convince him to move on.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...r-city-arsenal-robin-van-persie?newsfeed=true

Still not a huge fan of the move to be honest but it is what it is. All we can do is hope it pans out.

dc89

Although I do think they want RVP sometimes I can't see it.

City have invested mainly in young players with futures ahead of them etc. RVP is 29, he's in his peak now.

rodvik

LOL. the initial reports were off. Røkke, a billionaire who's company is a shareholder and has spent tens of millions of pounds on the club and their arena for 20 years, is extremely angry at Solskjær for going to England for the interview and not answering a set of questions they asked him yesterday: whether he would consider leaving the club in the middle of the season and take players/support staff with him if he leaves. So now they're going to sell their stock back to the club for a nominal fee and stop supporting them (might still keep supporting the younger players).

so the club is imploding and Solskjær haven't even been offered the position yet.

So, I'm reading that Solksjaer is insisting that he has strong financial backing from Lerner, and has the freedom to do what he wants to do. I know Lerner has the money. But that is quite a risk.

This is all good. Burn those bridges so he is more likely to come and yet get a decent warchest guaranteed if he comes.

Also, scary rumour of the day for both clubs. Bent tagged to go to Arsenal for some of the RVP sale money.

This is all good. Burn those bridges so he is more likely to come and yet get a decent warchest guaranteed if he comes.

Also, scary rumour of the day for both clubs. Bent tagged to go to Arsenal for some of the RVP sale money.

I know this is a silly opinion, but I'm alright losing Bent. Hopefully it forces us to get three new ones in (and two midfielders, a CB, and a pair of fullbacks).

Also, JuveGAF: Veratti is U-G-L-Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom