• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably shouldn't
OUeEF.gif
Everything is brown and orange, it feels like living inside Unreal Engine.
You're in Kuwait now right? It's still an incredible move to make. Very brave. How old are you? Or how far into your career was this decision?

Soi-Fong

If Yaya can go back to Barcelona, he should. Completely deserves it after what he's done for City. His recent comments also pretty much suggests that he has no connection whatsoever with City other than paying his huge salary. The guy's connection still lies with Barcelona and not City.

I have a feeling that he'd be willing to go back to Barcelona even with a much smaller salary if he's guaranteed 1st team play. That'd be good for him.

Still, his age is the only problem..

elsk

Banned
If Yaya can go back to Barcelona, he should. Completely deserves it after what he's done for City. His recent comments also pretty much suggests that he has no connection whatsoever with City other than paying his huge salary. The guy's connection still lies with Barcelona and not City.

SHOCKING!

Carbonox

I have a feeling that he'd be willing to go back to Barcelona even with a much smaller salary if he's guaranteed 1st team play. That'd be good for him.

Unfortunately Yaya won't be a first choice in that Barca team with Busquets around. Yaya will have to make do with squad rotation.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fair enough. Thanks!
Sure :D

Fady was very supportive :p So, thanks again, Fady!
Mastadon said:
Dammit Yurt, how am I expected to stalk you if you don't make these details public? It's just selfish.
2LgCZ.gif
2LgCZ.gif
2LgCZ.gif
2LgCZ.gif
2LgCZ.gif
<3

elsk said:
^Seriously :(
You should make a twitter account, and link to your fb account already.

Never got into Facebook, much to the disappointment of my girlfriend. Twitter for footy-GAF sounds like a good idea. It's just a shame Kermit still exists over there :p

elsk

Banned
Never got into Facebook, much to the disappointment of my girlfriend. Twitter for footy-GAF sounds like a good idea. It's just a shame Kermit still exists over there :p

Join twitter already then.
LLShC.gif

I was about to ask for Kermit's account, but then... yeah.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I had no idea that Juventus was owned by the Agnelli family (I guess that explains why I have seen so many pictures of Juventus with Lapo).
Imo, I think it is much better that the Agnelli family has control of Juve's financing than some sheikh who would just throw money at the problem. One, because it's an Italian family that has history with the club, and two, because they know business.

PjgBwm.jpg

Gianni Agnelli - The Uncrowned King of Italy «I feel emotional every time I see the letter J in a newspaper headline. I immediately think of Juventus».

2EUSE.jpg

Lapo is a fucking disgrace
LLShC.gif

Scum

RVP & Hazard to Man City, Higuain to Juve?! :O

Oh, and...

West Ham 1 - 3 Blackpool
B. Muchen 1 - 3 Chelsea

...Scum ;_;

I would love to try something as bold as to moving to a completely different country with a dramatically different culture, but I could never do that while dating my girlfriend. We talk all the time about wanting to move to Europe (she loves Spain and has lived there for periods of time in the past). I hope one day we have the opportunity, but it is still years away if it happens at all. :/

ATF487

I would love to try something as bold as to moving to a completely different country with a dramatically different culture, but I could never do that while dating my girlfriend. We talk all the time about wanting to move to Europe (she loves Spain and has lived there for periods of time in the past). I hope one day we have the opportunity, but it is still years away if it happens at all. :/

Yeah, I wanna do this but I'm not sure if I could just find a job in a new country, or if I could do it and still afford to pay off my student loans.

Sucks.

Messi

As was said above. He will run into the same problem as he had before he left. He wont be first choice vs Busquets. As much as I would love to see him back in our shirt, I think it is the wrong move. He should be playing every week for some team.

Zabojnik

I see. Well, I hope last thing the football needs is another Man City... anyway, still think 45M for Higuaín is very wrong. He's an amazing striker but for more than 20m? You could even get Falcao I guess. "Wasting" 45M on a single player is not the way to go specially since the FFP is kicking in on the near future.

I would be genuinely shocked if we actually spent that much on a single player. 30mil&#8364;, that I could see. But no more than that, at least not in cash. I'm sure we'd gladly pay Napoli 30mil&#8364; for Cavani and include Matri and possibly even Giovinco in the deal, but that's as high as I see us going. Now and in the foreseeable future. City, PSG, Real and the like have nothing to worry about. :/

I had no idea that Juventus was owned by the Agnelli family (I guess that explains why I have seen so many pictures of Juventus with Lapo).
Imo, I think it is much better that the Agnelli family has control of Juve's financing than some sheikh who would just throw money at the problem. One, because it's an Italian family that has history with the club, and two, because they know business.

That's how the majority of Juve fans see it too. The Agnellis are synonymous with Juventus and everything it represents. There can be no doubts about young Andrea Agnelli's passion towards his legacy, however it's John Elkann from the other branch of the family we're worried about. He's the one with the real money. I'm sure he cares about Juve, but he seems far more interested in the industrial business side of his family's fortunes. We'll see, I think there's hope for him yet. Lapo? He's just a joker.

elsk

Banned

Move to South America (Chile, Argentina, Uruguay) is awesome and cheaper :)

Scum

Then you know what must be done... :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I got nothing on odd_morsel, he's a fucking teacher in JAPAN!

edit: Not literally a fucking teacher.
I would be genuinely shocked if we actually spent that much on a single player. 30mil&#8364;, that I could see. But no more than that, at least not in cash. I'm sure we'd gladly pay Napoli 30mil&#8364; for Cavani and include Matri and possibly even Giovinco in the deal, but that's as high as I see us going. Now and in the foreseeable future. City, PSG, Real and the like have nothing to worry about. :/

That's how the majority of Juve fans see it too. The Agnellis are synonymous with Juventus and everything it represents. There can be no doubts about young Andrea Agnelli's passion towards his legacy, however it's John Elkann from the other branch of the family we're worried about. He's the one with the real money. I'm sure he cares about Juve, but he seems far more interested in the industrial business side of his family's fortunes. We'll see, I think there's hope for him yet. Lapo? He's just a joker.

I hope we keep Matri :( He never complains, and deserves to stay more than the others really. Gio+Money for Cavani sounds like a BRILLIANT idea :p

As much as I hate John Elkann, I think he's just naive when it comes to football. I'm glad Andrea took over :////

Move to South America (Chile, Argentina, Uruguay) is awesome and cheaper :)
Let's all move to Brazil! Fry8 will hook us up with gorgeous Brazilian models
0Eux5.gif

Fry

Yurt is very reserved about his identity. Maybe he's a spy or something. :O

Let's all move to Brazil! Fry will hook us up with gorgeous Brazilian models
0Eux5.gif

I'd rather we'd all fly over to Australia to meet Salazar and Kermit. That would be one exciting trip. :p

Lightning

Banned
Brendon Rodgers snubs Liverpool meeting?

Interesting. Good news, less competition for AVB getting the job and coming back to the premier league which is what I really want.

GorillaJu

Brendon Rodgers snubs Liverpool meeting?

Interesting. Good news, less competition for AVB getting the job and coming back to the premier league which is what I really want.

I don't think the club is going to give up easily on the Martínez idea. The rumors are that Txiki Berigistain and Pep Segura (our academy guy) are going to be the replacements for Damien Comolli as our new technical staff. Bringing in Martínez as manager would make sense as he's a young Catalan. Would make an interesting trifecta.

sneaky77

so I went to see Dark Shadows yesterday morning.. that was a disappointing experience, I wasn't expecting a masterpiece but Tim Burton movies are at least quirky weird or something, this was just boring.

So who's going to start the Coppa Italia final thread?

fHt6x.gif

If you think we're going to get overrun by Champions League talk, I can do it tomorrow. But it'll basically be Juve fans only since I don't think we have any real Napoli fans on this forum. I'm assuming it needs to go in OT community?

Messi

so I went to see Dark Shadows yesterday morning.. that was a disappointing experience, I wasn't expecting a masterpiece but Tim Burton movies are at least quirky weird or something, this was just boring.

I thought it was tonally all over the place. Depp was amusing that was about it. Can't stand Eva Green either.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If you think we're going to get overrun by Champions League talk, I can do it tomorrow. But it'll basically be Juve fans only since I don't think we have any real Napoli fans on this forum. I'm assuming it needs to go in OT community?
Nah, I was only kidding
0Eux5.gif
. We can manage here!

Walter Gargano is suspended, Paolo Cannavaro is injured, and Lavezzi is..somewhere. We better not screw this up!!

Three disappointing movies in a row for Tim Burton then?

Lightning

Banned
I don't think the club is going to give up easily on the Martínez idea. The rumors are that Txiki Berigistain and Pep Segura (our academy guy) are going to be the replacements for Damien Comolli as our new technical staff. Bringing in Martínez as manager would make sense as he's a young Catalan. Would make an interesting trifecta.
Oh well that's disappointing. Interesting to see how Martinez will go at a club where there are expectations beyond staying in the premier league.

elsk

Banned

Nope, because the CL final is on a separate thread :)

rodvik

Well good luck. IMHO though Liverpool should be in for a big name and big money manager. Taking a risk on an unproven is fine for the likes of Villa (hey we nearly got relegated we need to roll the dice) but for you lot the aim is surely CL next season. You need a safe pair of hands for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom