• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

We'll loan you Sahin for next season. He needs game time. We're gonna buy M'Vila and Lucas Moura so there's no space for him.
you'll be nothing without mou after next season, he's going to that team that never buys any players. Oh and we're getting Neymar after the world cup, and then Pele will have to speak good of messi and Barca or else He'll piss neymar off.

feel

AsKrIqxCIAATaQl.jpg

Apparently those people are Guardiola and his family. Seriously sad.
Great picture. Even if I've been hating him and his team for years, all these little moments surrounding his departure are touching me. End of an era.

False.

That's Valdes still arguing with the referee.
bahahahaha

K1LLER7

SAF is becoming lazy, IMO. Obviously a player from EPL or overhyped players like Hazard are going to cost huge amounts of money because that's how the market works.

how dare you, he bought Bebe just by analysing his videos (mainly youtube clips)

Clegg

I'm hitching my car to the Dortmund train.

We don't need Kagawa anymore so we'll just sell him to United for cheap.

Salvadora

Also, in regions like "north" latin america (Honduras, Costa Rica, México, Colombia, Ecuador) you can find amazing player for cheap. For example: Emilio Izaguirre, LB - Celtic payed 700,000 euros for him.

SAF is becoming lazy, IMO. Obviously a player from EPL or overhyped players like Hazard are going to cost huge amounts of money because that's how the market works.

I agree, They should be looking outside Europe but isn't getting a work permit a big thing?

Pff, BS. Yes, City, Chelsea and Real Madrid ruined the market, but you can still buy huge talents for cheap. You just have to look harder.

For example, Hazard is the most hyped winger in the freaking world right now. Obviously he will try to get huge money, but he isn't that amazing tbh. Any good winger from PSV could do better than him and for around 10m. You can also look in markets like Germany (first, second divison) for talents. They usually cost less than 10m. There are talents everywhere in the bundesliga.

Also, in regions like "north" latin america (Honduras, Costa Rica, México, Colombia, Ecuador) you can find amazing player for cheap. For example: Emilio Izaguirre, LB - Celtic payed 700,000 euros for him.

But good luck getting a work permit for all those south american talents...

Empty

guardiola and his family on the empty pitch is a bit friday night lights esque. i can imagine the camera panning around them and expolsions in the sky playing.

great picture anyway. i want him back in football soon.

Yessssss, LS refuses to follow Viva down his path of shame.
Soon it'll be just you and doicare left. We'll see how warm Clev keeps you then.

Seriously though. Dead serious now. I am going to be pissed if we don't address serious issues in the team this summer. Even if we had won, even if we do win, the league this season; it will be a season miles off where we need to be. That might be greedy or expecting too much, but the football hasn't excited me for a few seasons at Old Trafford now and this seasons European campaign was a shambles.

This team needs investment. I am all for youth, I want us to buy young players and promote our own. However Fergie wants to do it, he needs to get it done. The team has alot of potential and alot of good players, but it needs a couple of special ones now. That's what takes you the extra bit further.

The Glazers are choking the club, we all know this. But we spent £50m last summer, or £35m net if you want to be picky about it, and the first team did not improve. We can't afford another transfer window like that.

Edit - And just in reference to what Fergie said. I'd rather he said nothing than came out with the whole, oh it's unfair we can't pay money in this insane market bullshit. We've signed players ahead of other teams doing the exact same thing for years. There is no excuse for what's happened at stages this season and as great as Fergie is, and he really is the best, he could do the honourable thing and hold his hands up every now and then instead of treating the fans like stupid kids.

Kyoufu

guardiola and his family on the empty pitch is a bit friday night lights esque. i can imagine the camera panning around them and expolsions in the sky playing.

great picture anyway. i want him back in football soon.

He'll return to Barca eventually.

K1LLER7

would united fans be happy if we only bought Kagawa this summer?

For me, having a quality midfielder in Kagawa will help alot, but if we keep pogba and get him playing in the first team, i'll be happy with that. Fabio going on loan is worrying if we don't get cover.

Clegg

From SAF

We will try and look at younger players with the potential to develop at the club. That is what we are good at.

Scholes and Giggs are coming to the end. Players like them don’t fall off trees.

I wonder if SAF considers Kagawa to be a young talent?

Empty

would united fans be happy if we only bought Kagawa this summer?

i'm expecting clyne and a new contract for scholes, anything better is a bonus

kagawa would be the realistic signing i most want, i think with him we can be competitive in europe again by giving us the midfield creativity we need to succeed playing 4-5-1. i wouldn't be upset if we just signed him tbh.

Kyoufu

I can't blame to be fair. If we do end up in 4th I don't think I'll quite believe it myself!

I'm not used to us getting anything else. Missing out on the relegation years is either a good or bad thing.

It's usually you!

I'm just trying to keep my hopes low so that if we do crash out, I won't be in a pool of salt.

I'd also be A LOT more confident if we weren't facing the league leader tomorrow. So nervous :x

Barça did 99 last year. It's not like you've done something super amazing.

Keep hatin'.

Admit it, this season Madrid has been better than Barca in the whole picture. Enjoy La Copa, if you win it.

Like Casillas said, Barelona is a fashion, and every fashion ends. Time to move on, enjoy the last four years and bow below the true king.

Real Madrid is back, bitches.

Kyoufu

Keep hatin'.

Admit it, this season Madrid has been better than Barca in the whole picture. Enjoy La Copa, if you win it.

Like Casillas said, Barelona is a fashion, and every fashion ends. Time to move on, enjoy the last four years and bow below the true king.

Real Madrid is back, bitches.

No King rules forever.

No King rules forever.

Our king has been ruling for almost 40 years, and the Mother Queen was there before Pelé started to play, lol.

What really pisses me off is that Mourinho has been the guy who has returned our local throne. Can't say I hate the guy, but for sure I don't like him. Must be the only Madridista along with my sister that don't buy his constant cheap talk about conspiracies and shit.

K1LLER7

Won't lie, I really want Kagawa. He's a fantastic player and would be ideal for us. Want an excellent DM too. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

pogba staying will have this covered, I think he could be waiting to see if we sign any mdfielders which could effect his playing chances. Hopefully it could be carrick or pogba playing a DM role and kagawa or cleverly playing creative mid role. with giggs/ando/park used mainly in cup competitions.

Our king has been ruling for almost 40 years, and the Mother Queen was there before Pelé started to play, lol.
Diamond Jubilee for QEII coming up yo. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

pogba staying will have this covered, I think he could be waiting to see if we sign any mdfielders which could effect his playing chances. Hopefully it could be carrick or pogba playing a DM role and kagawa or cleverly playing creative mid role. with giggs/ando/park used mainly in cup competitions.
Pogba isn't a DM by any means.

Checking in for the fist time from before the game today. Yuss! FA cup winners!

Liverpool's second goal wasn't all the way over the line imo, but they were by far the better side for the last 30-40 minutes and had me shitting myself. As usual when we're up against a bit of pressure we crumble, but at least we held out. So chuffed.

rififi

False.

That's Valdes still arguing with the referee.

You always manage to bring the lols Yurt.

Even as I Madrid fan, I get a bit sad seeing a picture like that, the guy practically spent his entire life with Barca, and now it is over
at least until his hair grows back

Just played a blinder on Fifa with Newcastle. Scored 4 goals, conceded none, 68% possession.

I think it's a foreshadowing of tomorrow :p

Carbonox

Demba Ba has reiterated that he has no desire to leave Newcastle. He wants him and Cisse to dominate for a long time to come.

I seriously believe he will get a new contract in the Summer. The rumour was going for a while anyway so it seems Newcastle are going to stand strong, irrelevant of what offers appear. That's precisely what we need if we want to compete for the top 4 again.

I'm very optimistic about the summer.

Don't think so, Pinto is our keeper atm, Pep wants to give him games before the Copa Del Rey final. :p

I can't believe 80 goals looks like a realistic target for Messi next season. :lol

There's probably only a handful of teams in the premiership that have scored more goals this season than Messi has alone. Insane.

RaGe_pt

Just arrived home from the FCPorto 2 Sporting 0 game! :) great celebration we had and a great run by the incredible Hulk on that second goal. The atmosphere was amazing at the stadium!

Kyoufu

Demba Ba has reiterated that he has no desire to leave Newcastle. He wants him and Cisse to dominate for a long time to come.

I seriously believe he will get a new contract in the Summer. The rumour was going for a while anyway so it seems Newcastle are going to stand strong, irrelevant of what offers appear. That's precisely what we need if we want to compete for the top 4 again.

I'm very optimistic about the summer.

I wouldn't be so optimistic if I were you. Yes we will offer him a new contract, but that doesn't mean he'll stay. It doesn't mean Mike Ashley won't sell him either.

However, if we did keep our players next season then that means Ashley will want to strengthen the club rather than profit off star sales. He sold Carroll and Enrique so I'm not really confident he won't do the same with Ba and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom