• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

So the SAF quotes are basically; City ruined the market, we can't compete financially so we'll stick to youth, Clev + Carrick are good but we might add somebody to the squad, Berbatov won't leave for free, we're going to sign 2/3 players...if there's value.

Boring. Summers going to be lame again. Yawn.

Seriously? Wow.

It's OK, we'll sell you Tiote and Cabaye for a combined 10m then. When you win the league, I expect you to give us the handles of the trophy for free.

Clegg

So the SAF quotes are basically; City ruined the market, we can't compete financially so we'll stick to youth, Clev + Carrick are good but we might add somebody to the squad, Berbatov won't leave for free, we're going to sign 2/3 players...if there's value.

Seriously?

Well thats a load of shite.

But by mentioning Clev and Carrick he might be saying he's in for a midfielder?

Expect some squad signings but no-one that will really improve the starting 11.

Bye bye Kagawa :(

K1LLER7

Rumour is kagawa for £8m, great value so could be true. Think we'll sign some players who could be world class players in the future.

I can see him saying that right until he leaves. We've also got to sell Chamakh, Squillaci & many others, Though I doubt a lot of this will be done.

Yup, many of our players are, quite simply, shit. And most of them have very high wages which makes it hard to sell unless we kill them or something.

sneaky77

are there any threads on gaf to pimp Kickstarter projects? a friend of mine has a theater production company and they are trying to make a web based miniseries in film, they have received plenty of good reviews for their theater stuff.

Salvadora

Yup, many of our players are, quite simply, shit. And most of them have very high wages which makes it hard to sell unless we kill them or something.

The high wages kill me. Who the fuck would sign Chamakh for example? I read that the only way he will go to Bordeaux is if he takes a wage cut!

The high wages kill me. Who the fuck would sign Chamakh for example? I read that the only way he will go to Bordeaux is if he takes a wage cut!

:lol, I really wish players wouldn't care so much about money these days, it kinda sucks the fun out of it tbh. If I were a footballer, I would play for free.

And sell Rooney.

Bring in Big Sam to steady the ship.
Lol. Big Sam would win the CL with our squad.

In seriousness, yes, I think he may have been referring to a CM in mentioning Cleverley and Carrick.

I also think his rant about City has come about because Hazard has picked City over United #psychic

He didn't say that though. He denied it and the Twitter account the news came from is fake.

What's even stupider about the Telegraph reporting it is that their Manchester correspondent stated on Twitter today that it was a fake quote...yet his paper are still running the story.

In seriousness, yes, I think he may have been referring to a CM in mentioning Cleverley and Carrick.

I also think his rant about City has come about because Hazard has picked City over United #psychic

If I were Hazard I'd have picked City too if my frame of reference was Monday night.

Hasn't he said 'no value in the transfer market' for years?
Yep. This is the man responsible for that spiel.

38598.jpg

Clegg

It's been confirmed that this info came from a fake source.

Yeah I think Hazard won't be coming to us.

I read that SAF article and in one of the bylines it says that he's looking at Sigurdsson, Hazard and Modric as potential targets.

Can't see us getting Hazard, probably a no on Modric too. Sigurdsson is a maybe but I'm not sure if he's good enough to start which is what we need right now.

The dream: Kagawa, Muniain, Martinez.

K1LLER7

If I were Hazard I'd have picked City too if my frame of reference was Monday night.

i'd have gone Stoke :p

There must be another reason why we don't sign players, when there definately is valuein the market. In the past 2/3 years look at the transfers made by madrid, barca and newcastle signing players for less than £10-15m.

Red Issue lot have just tweeted this;

Red Issue said:
Rooney camp has zero confidence in Utd's ability to finance required signings. For all Utd gossip buy tomorrows new RI:

TRNSFR RQST!

Apparently Hazard is asking for 200k a week. 200k?! :lol

FootballFan

Damn. Get it together SAF. Buy some quality midfielders.

Clegg

TRNSFR RQST!

Didn't this this exact same thing happen 18 months ago?

And in the end Rooney got a pay rise from it. The bastard.

Hazard can go fuck himself if he actually wants £200k a week.

WJD

TRNSFR RQST!

Lots of crappy 'news' coming out at the moment. Hopefully just a kneejerk reaction to our rubbish season and not anything particularly substantial.

Carbonox

TRNSFR RQST!

And Man City will be retarded enough to fund that. Then Hazard will have a shit season, request to leave and won't be able to find another club due to the wages.

Some footballers and clubs are thicker than dog shite and deserve all the bad that will happen to them.

So we can't afford anybody good so we'll rely on youth who are all leaving.

Sounds good.

Edit: Wait! Doesn't matter! I'm a Newcastle fan. We'll sell Perch to United.

Lightning

Banned
I can see him saying that right until he leaves. We've also got to sell Chamakh, Squillaci & many others, Though I doubt a lot of this will be done.
I can see us doing stuff all and Wenger being more concerned about balancing the books. We miss out on the CL and that will cost us in finance, players we attract and keeping our current players.

I get a bad feeling this will not be a good summer for Arsenal at all...

Going to buy you an ugly away kit with "NEGATIVE BASTARD" on the back.

I happen to think that we're going to be just fine. I think there's some sabre rattling going on behind the scenes at the club because of the lack of investment and Rooney's 'camp' sounding off is part of it.

I don't think Pog is going yet and I think we'll get Kagawa and a few others too.

elsk

Banned

Pff, BS. Yes, City, Chelsea and Real Madrid ruined the market, but you can still buy huge talents for cheap. You just have to look harder.

For example, Hazard is the most hyped winger in the freaking world right now. Obviously he will try to get huge money, but he isn't that amazing tbh. Any good winger from PSV could do better than him and for around 10m. You can also look in markets like Germany (first, second divison) for talents. They usually cost less than 10m. There are talents everywhere in the bundesliga.

Also, in regions like "north" latin america (Honduras, Costa Rica, México, Colombia, Ecuador) you can find amazing player for cheap. For example: Emilio Izaguirre, LB - Celtic payed 700,000 euros for him.

SAF is becoming lazy, IMO. Obviously a player from EPL or overhyped players like Hazard are going to cost huge amounts of money because that's how the market works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom