• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

cool. wasn't expecting anything on the goal difference, just happy to take it properly to the final day and pray for an unlikely qpr result.

Clegg

2nd half just showed exactly what United are lacking. Britton came on and immediately changed the flow of the game. Midfield became much more even between the 2 teams. Our wingers didn't get the same amount of space either so our opportunities were reduced.

We really need a creative player that can play through the middle. He would free up space for our wingers and could also create opportunities by himself. We could probably do with a combative midfielder who would die to get the ball off the opposition. Our wingers and forwards are all of a good standard so we're not really lacking there.

faridmon

Inter are officially out of the CL race. This is bad news for Juve.

A friend of mine who is an AC Milan fan is quite certain that Inter will happily give the Scudetto to Milan. Of course you lot have to lose or draw a gime. The fate is in your hand, use it wisely.

Carbonox

QPR will probably give Man City a better game than we did, given their aspirations outweigh ours. I remember the quality game QPR gave them earlier in the season. Watched that live.

Man Utd just need to win and hope for the best.

Still think it's going to City though.

Wilbur

Banned
QPR will probably give Man City a better game than we did, given their aspirations outweigh ours. I remember the quality game QPR gave them earlier in the season. Watched that live.

Man Utd just need to win and hope for the best.

Still think it's going to City though.

No way City aren't beating them; their home form is too good and QPR's away form too bad for me to have any hope.

I'll be in work with 15 minutes to go when the matches finish. Whether I petrol bomb a toy shop or not lies in Mark Hughes' hands.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Do Inter even have the bollocks to raise their game for their local rivals?
There's absolutely no reason whatsoever for them to win tonight. Milan wants it more.
A friend of mine who is an AC Milan fan is quite certain that Inter will happily give the Scudetto to Milan. Of course you lot have to lose or draw a gime. The fate is in your hand, use it wisely.

It doesn't matter what their fans think. Their XI and president clearly hates Juve more :p

DominoKid

2nd half just showed exactly what United are lacking. Britton came on and immediately changed the flow of the game. Midfield became much more even between the 2 teams. Our wingers didn't get the same amount of space either so our opportunities were reduced.

We really need a creative player that can play through the middle. He would free up space for our wingers and could also create opportunities by himself. We could probably do with a combative midfielder who would die to get the ball off the opposition. Our wingers and forwards are all of a good standard so we're not really lacking there.

beyond Rooney i dont rate our forwards and we all know how easily his form comes and goes.
Welbeck is still all potential so he's a question mark.
Chicharito is worthless if he isn't poaching.
and the rest arent worth mentioning.

i never imagined our standard would fall so much after Ronaldo left. too many second-rate (at best) talents.

Carbonox

Juventus, you best win the league. Would be some good news for our cousins, the Italian Magpies, give our own couldn't do the job today. :p

Meier

Twente apparently won't let Luuk de Jong go for less than €15 million. He'd be an absolute bargain at that price.

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever for them to win tonight. Milan wants it more.

If Everton had nothing to play for, they'd still bust a gut to deprive us of the title (if we ever got into that situation) Same is true of the Mancs, the Brummies, the Tynesiders and the North Londoners. Not so for Milan?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^That's what we're counting on. But in reality, they just hate us way more than Milan :p
In the library so I won't be able to watch Juve but I wish them the best of luck.
Juventus, you best win the league. Would be some good news for our cousins, the Italian Magpies, give our own couldn't do the job today. :p
And good luck Juve, always liked yourselves and Roma for reasons I've never been able to justify
Thanks guys!!!

Carbonox

Out of our price range :(

We could give Ba a new contract to waive the clause, then be dicks and sell him for easily 15m+, then buy De Jong. That way we can easily buy him AND we have a top quality forward for when we can't use Cisse.

RESULT!

Seriously though, I think Ashley might stretch to 15m tops for maybe one player a season given what end of the table we're fighting at now.

Feorax

Twente apparently won't let Luuk de Jong go for less than 15 million. He'd be an absolute bargain at that price.

We were interested in January, but could he offer us something Carroll couldn't? From what ive heard, they play very similarly.

Clegg

beyond Rooney i dont rate our forwards and we all know how easily his form comes and goes.
Welbeck is still all potential so he's a question mark.
Chicharito is worthless if he isn't poaching.
and the rest arent worth mentioning.

i never imagined our standard would fall so much after Ronaldo left. too many second-rate (at best) talents.

I think Welbeck will be a fantastic striker for us. You're probably right about himself and Hernandez not being top quality just yet though. But I think we could potentially have 1 world class striker in Rooney and 2 very capable strikers in Welbeck/Hernandez. The two just need time to develop.

We just need a decent player that will help link our midfield with our wingers and forwards.

God I'm so nervous. I've been thinking about our derby for the last days, it's the only thing that I care about now. Even if it doesn't decide anything for us, but I want to win it.
I'd be happy as well if they do. :D But I think that our championship already has a new winner.

We were interested in January, but could he offer us something Carroll couldn't? From what ive heard, they play very similarly.

I want us to stick with Carroll next season, and buy a different type of striker, someone who plays like Soldado (if not Soldado himself :p) I don't really see the point of having Carroll, Suarez and a better Carroll. 3 different types of striker would give us a Plan A, B & C. As long as Andy can build on his last month, we should keep faith in him at least as second choice striker

Kyoufu

We could give Ba a new contract to waive the clause, then be dicks and sell him for easily 15m+, then buy De Jong. That way we can easily buy him AND we have a top quality forward for when we can't use Cisse.

RESULT!

Seriously though, I think Ashley might stretch to 15m tops for maybe one player a season given what end of the table we're fighting at now.

lol, we'll see. We were interested in a 10 million squid midfielder so who knows.

Carbonox

lol, we'll see. We were interested in a 10 million squid midfielder so who knows.

Also expect some dipshit kebab faced Newcastle fans to think that Nigel and Luuk are related so they boo Luuk.

Get me Sigurdsson and De Jong, a couple of youngsters and defenders, and I will be happy.

WJD

JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(my attempt to try and vicariously find joy out of this season)

don't let me down!

Blablurn

305589_458034300879933_141973839152649_1975251_244616152_n.jpg

faridmon

Good luck Juve
Desoit my haterd for Yurt Liverpol alliance

However, in Seria A, I have a soft spot for Roma, too bad they are rubbish this season.

Zabojnik

Inter are officially out of the CL race. This is bad news for Juve.

Are they? I mean, yeah, they basically are, but there's still a chance if they win the last two games, Lazio doesn't win and Udinese loses the last match. Stranger things have happened in football, so c'mon Inter, FIGHT!

That's more or less what Inter though on that fatal and unforgettable 5th of may 2002. Maybe the fans would 'happily' give the scudetto to Milan, we'll see about the players ... Anyhow, we must demolish Cagliari and that's that.

Get well soon, pirate Yurt! Arrrrr!!!

For the fans outside the UK, what's it like when a team from your country is fighting for European glory? Over here we have Sky trying to tell people to support the English team, but in reality most fans can't stand the other English teams, aside from Arsenal perhaps

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
For the fans outside the UK, what's it like when a team from your country is fighting for European glory? Over here we have Sky trying to tell people to support the English team, but in reality most fans can't stand the other English teams, aside from Arsenal perhaps

I really don't care. May the best team win.
As long as it's not Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom