• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
QHm6d.jpg

It's going to rain isn't it......

edit:

Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio; Pepe, Matri, Vucinic.

Inter:Julio Cesar; Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Nagatomo; Guarin, Cambiasso, Zanetti; Sneijder, Alvarez, Milito

Milan:Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Yepes, Bonera; Nocerino, Van Bommel, Muntari; Boateng; Ibrahimovic, Robinho

C'mon merda, you useless pieces of merda!

Carbonox

Playing FIFA and kagawa moved to Chelsea, a sign for Chelsea fans.

It's either Liverpool or Chelsea when I play FIFA. ALWAYS those two. Nani to Spurs as well.

I miss the days where Ronaldinho (during his Barca days) was bought by Derby County in FIFA 09 or which ever one.

Wilbur

Banned
It's either Liverpool or Chelsea when I play FIFA. ALWAYS those two. Nani to Spurs as well.

I miss the days where Ronaldinho (during his Barca days) was bought by Derby County in FIFA 09 or which ever one.

Schweinsteiger to Madrid, Silva to Arsenal, Sneijder to City, Abel Hernandez to United, Agger to Juventus, Nani to Spurs, Chicharito to Stoke.

Feorax

Reports (read twitter bullshit) suggesting JWH is about to have another sit down with the management. Delayed the reuturn to the US for a couple of days.

Think this might be it for Kenny... :(

I'm looking forward to the new season. Europa League! And another futile attempt at the FA Cup is always nice... lol

Oh yeah same. Especially with all our new 50 Mil signings!

I'll just miss football week in week out. Thank god we've got the Euros and the Olympics this year, should keep the post-season blues to a minimum.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Reports (read twitter bullshit) suggesting JWH is about to have another sit down with the management. Delayed the reuturn to the US for a couple of days.

Why wouldn't it be? Terrible signings, terrible league form especially at home, and a League Cup that they just about scraped against a Championship side. He should have got the boot ages ago.

Nobody could say its unjustifiable, which is a huge shame and an indictment on our season. If somebody's lined up, I can't pretend I'd be devestated

Feorax

I agree, although I'm saddened it's come to this.

He had a chance to rectify his mistakes in January. He didnt take it.

Kyoufu

Oh yeah same. Especially with all our new 50 Mil signings!

I'll just miss football week in week out. Thank god we've got the Euros and the Olympics this year, should keep the post-season blues to a minimum.

Don't really care about the Euros much but I have Diablo 3 to keep me busy until the season begins once again :)

Will watch some of the Euros but it doesn't really excite me.

Nobody could say its unjustifiable, which is a huge shame and an indictment on our season. If somebody's lined up, I can't pretend I'd be devestated

AVB for Liverpool!

I know this might piss some people off, but here goes.

Kenny has shown in the last 2 transfer windows in which he's been active that he cannot be trusted with the money that would be needed to rectify the mistakes he's made.

The signings have been that bad, and the loss of Aquilani and Meireles that absurd. Fair enough, if he wants players from the top of the pile and they want to come here, give him the money. But trusting his judgement when it comes to going after less obvious, and more likely players? Sorry, but he's shown in his career (not just his recent time here) that he's just not astute enough to be trusted with £50million+

His signings followed no pattern or system, were horrendously overpriced, overrated at the time, most of an age where there's little potential to improve and have very little resale value such is the lack of positive impact they've made.

I know this might piss some people off, but here goes.

Kenny has shown in the last 2 transfer windows in which he's been active that he cannot be trusted with the money that would be needed to rectify the mistakes he's made.

The signings have been that bad, and the loss of Aquilani and Meireles that absurd. Fair enough, if he wants players from the top of the pile and they want to come here, give him the money. But trusting his judgement when it comes to going after less obvious, and more likely players? Sorry, but he's shown in his career (not just his recent time here) that he's just not astute enough to be trusted with £50million+

His signings followed no pattern or system, were horrendously overpriced, overrated at the time, most of an age where there's little potential to improve and have very little resale value such is the lack of positive impact they've made.

I don't see how that would piss any one off. Spot on.

.....And he's a bit of a dick :p

Az

I know I am a bit late, but I have to praise Mancini for his subs today. Putting DeJong and Dzeko in, really opened up the game and also Micah with the great block.

Also, was hoping for United to win with 5-6 goals to make next week even more interesting.

Carbonox

Fuck Bernie Madoff, Kenny Dalglish is the biggest cock-up with money. He fucked Newcastle and is now fucking Liverpool. Surprise surprise.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Alright I'm going dark, can't stay on the PC for long with one eye.

FORZA JUVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Messi

Remember that guy who used a certain word and then claimed he meant 'juved' then got banned. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

Facism

yes yes yes fenerbahce beat trabzonspor and galatasaray drew with besiktiras.

may 11th is literally going to be fucking bonkers. fener - gala derby as the last game of the season, with both teams able to win the league if they win.

i'm expecting 5 red cards.

Ben Arfa is back in contention for the France squad as he's impressed Laurent Blanc. Yes!

He deserves it. Taking him out the starting line-up a few months ago was a genius decision by Pardew, made him totally change his game to play as part of a team rather than as an individual and his performances have been much better as a result!

Fuck football. Fuck the Danish refs who still don't understand the offside rule. Fuck the overweight Norwegian idiot on our midfield, how can you have double chins as a pro footballer and defensive midfielder? Jebus christ. Only one point ahead now and we will throw this away, there's no doubt about it with the way we are playing.

Kyoufu

Took it this long to impress him? He's almost as bad as Pardew. :p

Ben Arfa wasn't very good for the team until Pardew got him to buy into his style.

I think today he was a little tired considering that was the team's 3rd game in 8 days.

Surely he can't be around for much longer though? I love villa for the result against spurs but their form had been shit and surely their position this year will cause Lerner to make changes?

I have read and heard that there is a good chance he should be gone. but I just saw a tweet linking a talkSPORT interview saying he is preparing for next season at Villa.

Carbonox

He deserves it. Taking him out the starting line-up a few months ago was a genius decision by Pardew, made him totally change his game to play as part of a team rather than as an individual and his performances have been much better as a result!

Ben Arfa
Cabaye
M'Vila
Ribery
Benzema
Giroud

That's a fucking sexy midfield/strikeforce. France have got a great squad.

I want that lineup for Newcastle. :(

Fuck football. Fuck the Danish refs who still don't understand the offside rule. Fuck the overweight Norwegian idiot on our midfield, how can you have double chins as a pro footballer and defensive midfielder? Jebus christ. Only one point ahead now and we will throw this away, there's no doubt about it with the way we are playing.

SPoTU.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom