• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys stop talking about football, it sucks.

Whoever it was that talked about the walking dead game in here, fuck yeah, finished the first episode the other day in one sitting and it was great.

TeegsD

Whoever it was that talked about the walking dead game in here, fuck yeah, finished the first episode the other day in one sitting and it was great.

Is it? Probably going to pick it up whenever it's on sale. What I really want to play is that DayZ mod. Need Arma2 and its expansions to go on sale first though. And hopefully, it'll be better when i can play it.

Clegg

Who is the absolute best young talent on FM?

I want to try and make a properly good team full of young players.

Fur_Q

Tolling through Assassins Revelations, game is shit. Realy bored with it think i'll give it up and get back to trials hardcore.

Fry

This will be the first Euros I've ever watched. I hope it's a good competition, I'll be rooting for Germany.

Is it? Probably going to pick it up whenever it's on sale. What I really want to play is that DayZ mod. Need Arma2 and its expansions to go on sale first though. And hopefully, it'll be better when i can play it.

Yeah saw that DayZ mod and it looks pretty sweet, also waiting for Arma2 to go on sale. But yes, Walking Dead was really great, reminded me a bit of heavy rain mixed with traditionel point and click adventure, it really nails the comic book look.

Is Genie Scout any good?

Never used it before.

It is but... Shit is so boring and easy with that. :p

Wilbur

Banned
1, 2, Liverpool is doomed
3, 4, Arsenal hit the floor
5, 6, Man City can't win
7, 8, Chelsea, sweet as cake
9, 10, we gon' do it again
Yeah we gon' do it again
Trax Arms and Man United
Yeah we ain't goin' nowhere
Trax Arms and Man United
Yeah we just goin' to win

Hands in the air, in the air
So we can block goals like young David De Gea
Liverpool's a rabbit
Well we got Michael Carrick
Manchester United
We fly higher like a parrot
That's right, I said it
No looney tuney
I lead my team in goals
Call me Wayne Rooney
Three lung Park couldn't get much faster
Fly right past ya
Welcome to my home, Old Trafford

We talkin' football
Not Dan Marino
I mean football...
Chicharito
I like nachos
And Doritos
See everybody having fun
Even Ashley Young
See when the pressure's on
You go and get yo' mommy
We the Red Devils
We got Nani
Tough defence, often remarkable
Don't believe me?
Go and ask Arsenal

5, 6, Man City can't win
That's right, we gon' do it again
Trax Arms and Man United
Trax Arms and Man United

Okay Manchester United
Push it to the third degree
Watch them play baker on the field
Tom Cleverley
A legend, can't deny it
And if you did, might cause a riot
And you know who it is
None other than Ryan Giggs
Speak the truth like a minister
Fast right wing
Like Antonio Valencia
Ferdinand and Vidic
The only way to win that match
Is drivin' in a Civic
Push it to the limit
Push it, push it to the limit

5, 6, Man City can't win
Yeah we gon' do it again
Trax Arms and Man United
Trax Arms and Man United

I'll have a go with Genie Scout and see where it leads me.

Cheers lads.

I don't use it because it would make the game way too easy. It tells you exactly how good a player can become, given you an estimate of their full potential stats, tells you exactly how much a club wants for a player. Also, considering I play network, it would be cheating for me.

Zabojnik

Lol Vucinic, he could do better but he totally deserved this.
I hope the smell of victory will make him a better player in playing every ball at his best.
I'm tired of translations now, I'll go ly dow, bye Gaf :*

Fuck it, I have the next three days off and a nice bottle of sauvignonasse beside me. THE NIGHT IS STILL YOUNGGGGG! Watching the celebrations in Torino, the squad has landed!

I was reading a book earlier on some number of startling facts when I came across this:

In Los Angeles, as well as an annual salary of $10 million, Beckham will earn 40 to 50 per cent of Galaxy jersey sales and an undisclosed share of ticket revenues. There were even suggestions from Tim Leiweke, president and CEO of the company that owns the LA Galaxy, that Beckham might gain financially from the popularity of the entire Major League Soccer (MLS) competition: Leiweke spoke of ‘certain aspects of the deal that are ultimately about the upside value of the league as a whole’.​

Sloosha

I was reading a book earlier on some number of startling facts when I came across this:

In Los Angeles, as well as an annual salary of $10 million, Beckham will earn 40 to 50 per cent of Galaxy jersey sales and an undisclosed share of ticket revenues. There were even suggestions from Tim Leiweke, president and CEO of the company that owns the LA Galaxy, that Beckham might gain financially from the popularity of the entire Major League Soccer (MLS) competition: Leiweke spoke of ‘certain aspects of the deal that are ultimately about the upside value of the league as a whole’.​

What sort of impact has he had on the viewership of the MLS since he arrived in LA? Don't really follow the MLS so have no idea about the numbers.

Salazar

We have faith in Joey Barton

tumblr_m3m1m5ubey1qf2itdrr.gif

Mark Hughes has some time up his sleeve to exert every particle of his tactical prowess upon this game.

Morning's getting closer.

An advice: looks like Juventus might ask to play Saturday instead of Sunday, so I won't be able to go there.

I want to slap someone.

Goodnight Zabo, Yurt, Fade, Charles and everyone else who believed in us this year.
Hopefully we'll never have to come back like we did, this place belongs to us.

Bye GAF, FORZA JUVE, CAMPIONI D'ITALIA, SIAMO TORNATI.

Good night man. I'm off as well. <3 you, JuveGAF. And thanks to everyone else for the kind words and celebrated the night with us, especially Lucifer who has accepted defeat gracefully.

Meier

What sort of impact has he had on the viewership of the MLS since he arrived in LA? Don't really follow the MLS so have no idea about the numbers.

Essentially none. There are only *2* MLS games on national TV per week.. it's absurd. They don't even have any of the games on Fox Soccer Channel! The league does pretty well attendance wise but there's very little fandom outside the diehards because it's so hard to actually see the matches.

Beckham's initial deal was expected to be worth about $50 million per year for him due to getting back additional rights to his image and additional sponsorship deals, etc.

Meier

The easiest must buy is Vaclav Kadlec. Just absurd. Here's my Kadlec stats (bought for $15 million):

2013-2014: 13 goals, 15 assists in 32(1)
2014-2015: 37 goals, 18 assists in 41(2) - World Team of the Year
2015-2016: 42 goals, 11 assists in 41(2) - World Team of the Year, Golden Boot Runner-Up
2016-2017: 53 goals, 12 assists in 52 - World Team of the Year substitute, Golden Boot
2017-2018: 37 goals, 14 assists in 49 - Golden Boot Runner-Up
2018-2019: 45 goals, 12 assists in 41 - World Team of the Year, Golden Boot
2019-2020: 20 goals, 19 assists in 26

247 goals, 101 assists in 282(5). Beastly is an understatement. :D

sohois

Players in FM are not given absolute values for how good they are, ability will change for each new game. However it is not completely random, instead players are awarded a number from 1-10, 10s being the best. This number will then determine the range that their Potential Ability is set at. PA can be from 1-200. 10s have ranges from ~170-200, and bear in mind that even a 170 is pretty much world class, so any 10s are always worth buying even if they are on the lower end. 9s have a range from ~150-180, with 150s being decent premiership standard, so a 9 is still a very good prospect. Bear in mind that there is no guarantee players will reach their PA, they have to be used correctly.

There are lists of the 9s & 10s out there, so if you don't want to completely cheat with Genie Scout or something then looking up one of those lists is a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom