• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Holy shit you is Da motherfucking Equaliser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAei6YFGlDQ

Use headphones, shit is so cash.

YE..

egxet.gif

..wut

sneaky77

I think this season is their best in many, many years if not ever btw.

Well, we have won la liga before so lol... and in 1998 we finished 2nd to Barcelona in la liga. This season is been the best in quite a while though, copa del rey final, doing good in la liga fighting to get in champions league and doing well in europe.

Our starting team is 23yrs old avg.

And yes we have never been relegated.

edit: this is probably one of the best seasons we've had that I remember, considering that last time we won the league was 1984 and I don't remember it lol.

elsk

Banned
Well, we have won la liga before so lol... and in 1998 we finished 2nd to Barcelona in la liga. This season is been the best in quite a while though, copa del rey final, doing good in la liga fighting to get in champions league and doing well in europe.

edit: this is probably one of the best seasons we've had that I remember, considering that last time we won the league was 1984 and I don't remember it lol.

You happy with el Loco, I guess :)

sneaky77

You happy with el Loco, I guess :)

Yeah I was a fan of getting him and making the team advance by playing better. Caparros did an awesome job getting the base of the team ready and Bielsa is making them explode.

How can you not be happy watching that style of football really.

elsk

Banned
Yeah I was a fan of getting him and making the team advance by playing better. Caparros did an awesome job getting the base of the team ready and Bielsa is making them explode.

How can you not be happy watching that style of football really.

He's also pretty good in youth development, so I would expect a good amount of great players for the future. And obviously making the ones already in the team even better with time, as you said the team is incredible young already.

I'm guessing he's very involved with the reserves/youth academies as well.

Flamengo 1 - 0 Emelec final.

Goddamit what crap display. Even with one more player we keep giving the ball to Emelec.
Ronaldinho doesnt help at all, the booing was deserved. I dont want to play against Santos.

elsk

Banned
El Loco is brilliant! I knew he was mad, but not this mad!

The guy is amazing. He studies every club/national team before accepting any offer. He was offered Inter and turned them down (FUCK YES), but he saw potential in Bilbao because of the great players and reserves/youth development.

Before accepting the Chile job he watched a lot of videos of all of the important chilean players, I don't really remember how much time he did that but it was mind-blowing, to know if he could make something out of them.

I watched the "goodbye" of Bielsa, the first one I believe, when he was leaving the Chilean NT and he said a lot of incredible things he did before and during his job there. A small part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEPwubEbjc :'( "Here, I learned how to love (the) life"

sneaky77

The guy is amazing. He studies every club/national team before accepting any offer. He was offered Inter and turned them down (FUCK YES), but he saw potential in Bilbao because of the great players and reserves/youth development.

Before accepting the Chile job he watched a lot of videos of all of the important chilean players, I don't really remember how much time he did that but it was mind-blowing, to know if he could make something out of them.

I watched the "goodbye" of Bielsa, the first one I believe, when he was leaving the Chilean NT and he said a lot of incredible things he did before and during his job there.

Yeah I was impressed he gave us his word if Urrutia won the presidency and kept it, even though Inter probably offered him more money and we cannot compete in terms of signing players or budget.

I think he was attracted by a club that is different to the rest, so I hope he will say yes to renewing the contract, I think he is mostly happy in Bilbao, but who knows with him really.

elsk

Banned
Yeah I was impressed he gave us his word if Urrutia won the presidency and kept it, even though Inter probably offered him more money and we cannot compete in terms of signing players or budget.

I think he was attracted by a club that is different to the rest, so I hope he will say yes to renewing the contract, I think he is mostly happy in Bilbao, but who knows with him really.

Yes, actually If I'm not mistaken he left Chile because they changed the president of the chilean federation of football.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm not 100% sure but I understand that they can only sign players from their region, or players from another region that were in A.Bilbao youth teams. But in the end all of them need to be Spaniards.
Their philosophy is to play ONLY with players from their region, so for instance they would not sign a catalan or someone from Andalucia. The player must be someone from the Basque country to be able to play with Athletic Bilbao. It's their philosophy and they've never descended.

Blablurn

i just read that contento might start on saturday.....

just saying. it could have been coentrao instead if we wouldnt have bailed out some years ago. ffs.

IceCold

Their philosophy is to play ONLY with players from their region, so for instance they would not sign a catalan or someone from Andalucia. The player must be someone from the Basque country to be able to play with Athletic Bilbao. It's their philosophy and they've never descended.

That's awesome. More teams should do that.

elsk

Banned
i just read that contento might start on saturday.....

just saying. it could have been coentrao instead if we wouldnt have bailed out some years ago. ffs.

Contento is awesome, shut up! I've been waiting for this since the season started. We need Lahm as RB and we can use both Contento and Alaba as LB! Fuck Rafinha. I hope Contento (or Alaba) do amazing as LB so they can stay there :D

Fuck it, I'm a fan!

flag-of-athletic-club-bil_4ab3417faa259-p.jpg

Clegg

I posted this in the ME thread but received no reply. Does anyone here know:

I played ME 1 and 2 on 360 but I'll be getting ME 3 for PS3.

Will the lack of save data from 1 and 2 change the way the game progresses for me?

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck it, I'm a fan!

flag-of-athletic-club-bil_4ab3417faa259-p.jpg

I adopted them at the start of the season when I knew Bielsa was taking over, made it my mission to watch as many games as I can (same with Enrique at Roma). I'm happy with my decision.

Start of next season I'll try and invest my time in a German team, but it looks hard not to jump on the Dortmund bandwagon. Schalke?
dont hurt me

Messi

I posted this in the ME thread but received no reply. Does anyone here know:

I played ME 1 and 2 on 360 but I'll be getting ME 3 for PS3.

Will the lack of save data from 1 and 2 change the way the game progresses for me?

Of course, bioware just assumes some stuff happened/other things didnt. At the start of 2 they asked you a few questions if you hadnt played 1 and your answers picked what happened. But not for every decision, some bioware just filled in.

Why are you not getting it on 360? it was weird seeing all my descisions layed out on the character select at the start of ME3.
Including my accidental spooning with Jack. Please forgive me Liara. :/

Blablurn

I adopted them at the start of the season when I knew Bielsa was taking over, made it my mission to watch as many games as I can (same with Enrique at Roma). I'm happy with my decision.

Start of next season I'll try and invest my time in a German team, but it looks hard not to jump on the Dortmund bandwagon. Schalke?
dont hurt me

BAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEERN

Messi

dont hurt me

I hear Bayern Munich are a good choice.

Wilbur

Banned
Sure, that way we can make fun of you... even more :D

I feel like recently I've turned into some sort of joke figure :(

EDIT: Bayern seems too obvious a choice. I'll see if anything happens like Bielsa/Enrique, we'll go from there.

Clegg

Of course, bioware just assumes some stuff happened/other things didnt. At the start of 2 they asked you a few questions if you hadnt played 1 and your answers picked what happened. But not for every decision, some bioware just filled in.

Why are you not getting it on 360? it was weird seeing all my descisions layed out on the character select at the start of ME3.
Including my accidental spooning with Jack. Please forgive me Liara. :/

My 360 broke a few weeks ago and I haven't gotten it replaced yet.

So I'll be getting it on PS3 instead. I just wanted to make sure I'd still be able to see all endings.

I'll probably get ME3 for 360 when I get it fixed. And I'll get the Witcher 2 again.

Wilbur

Banned
How do you find that shit out?

I'll pick a Bundesliga team next season, attempt to follow them. It's been great doing it this season, I've become much more interested in the leagues as a whole. Some prick friend on Facebook the other week tried arguing with me about how Chelsea are gonna wipe the floor with Napoli. I attested otherwise.

GorillaJu

Sneaky, if you didn't sell FIFA 12 we could play as Bilbao together!

I played a bit as Bilbao last year when 12 came out (thought I'd make them "my team") and got my ass kicked over and over and over.

They're just too slow for me. I prefer Sao Paolo, Sporting or Napoli.

So you Europeans should be getting ME3 right about now huh? Have fun with it. Fantastic game. And try Infiltrator. :)

Salazar

Lawd.

Carrick says the ref told us Bilbao were going to give us the ball back.

An infamous night, I tell you. Infamous.

Wilbur

Banned
Go to the 1st page of the OT. Then highlight the the replies figure for the football OT.

It should give you a list of everyone who has posted in the thread.

FOURTH MOTHERFUCKER! YEAH! THREE PEOPLE HERE HAVE EVEN LESS OF A LIFE THAN I DO!

Eat that cray shit.

And really? Fucking hell. That's what I thought they were going to do, I think Young even said something to one of them and they looked like they were talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom