• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah you totally didn't make up any excuses. just bayern fans do this

doesn't sound like one of the excuses you accuse bayern fans making up at all
Are you new to the whole Bayern fan thing?
Complaining about referees, the grass, the weather, etc. is what players, Wurst-Ulli-Hoeneß and the fans do almost every time Bayern loses or draws vs. weaker opponents.
Even here, your lot complained this very season that Dortmund's opponents generally make less of an effort compared to Bayern. I'm certainly not going to search the board to prove this because if you followed the thread regularly you'd just simply know.

Again, this is not some empty argument like the one above. It's fucking fact of life. Google it. Here's an example:
http://www.burning-nuts.de/index.php?pageid=&page=2
Es tritt kein geringerer Gegner als der FC Bayern München in Augsburg an (...) Nachdem das Stadion seit Monaten ausverkauft ist und alle "ganz heiß" auf den morgigen Sonntag gewartet haben, rechnen wir natürlich mit einem großartigen Support aller Anwesenden NUR FÜR DEN FCA. Ebenfalls möchten wir KEINE Bayern-Fanartikel in der Nordkurve unseres Stadions sehen....

On an ultra or hardcore supporters website before a game vs. bayern: "we expect the our fans to support Augsburg and please don't bring any FC Bayern merchandise into our hardcore supporters stand"

Am I still making it up?
And I'll repeat again, just for you: we drew because we played bad while they played good.

/typos & such

Arnie

If my day was going bad enough I've now been getting texts about Everton's new 'hitman'. Fuck off, he's no ASSASSIN.

Time to get well and truly off my tits.

Mastadon

Banned
Mastadon, Shelvey said he was "confused and frustrated" on twitter.

He might go back to Blackpool for the remainder of the season :/

Hm, talented central midfielder who we've treated like shit and now probably wants to leave. Sounds familiar.

Andy Carroll not starting annoyed me too. He was looking far more confident and dangerous, playing with a bit of momentum then suddenly he's benched again.

Manager

untitled-17gj81.gif

Isn't this a penalty?

Micah Richards conceaded a penalty EXACTLY like that (hard shot, hit him on the leg and then up on his arm). And this thread said it was correct.

sneaky77

Micah Richards conceaded a penalty EXACTLY like that (hard shot, hit him on the leg and then up on his arm). And this thread said it was correct.

Yeah I think if he calls a pk no one can complain about it

Andy Carroll looks about as dangerous as the Anfield Cat. Sorry dudes but this season has been very very poor for him.

Yeah everytime I have seen him on the field I don't get why they spent so much money for him, they surely could have bought someone decent with that cash

spidye

Are you new to the whole Bayern fan thing?
Complaining about referees, the grass, the weather, etc. is what players, Wurst-Ulli-Hoeneß and the fans do almost every time Bayern loses or draws vs. weaker opponents.
Even here, your lot complained this very season that Dortmund's opponents generally make less of an effort compared to Bayern. I'm certainly not going to search the board to prove this because if you followed the thread regularly you'd just simply know.

Again, this is not some empty argument like the one above. It's fucking fact of life. Google it. Here's an example:
http://www.burning-nuts.de/index.php?pageid=&page=2

On an ultra or hardcore supporters website: "we expect the our fans to support Augsburg and please don't bring any FC Bayern merchandise into our hardcore supporters stand"

Am I still making it up?
And I'll repeat again, just for you: we drew because we played bad while they played good.

/typos & such

I don't care if someone says something on this forum. you accuse bayern fans ( I'm one too) making up excuses and ironically you made the same thing.

we drew because we played bad while they played good
that's the only reason that should count. everything else is just ridiculous.

Scum

Why do some clubs in the leagues in England treat players like this? A team in need of a talented MC promptly ignore the one they already have at the club and decide that spending a shit ton of money and wages is a better idea. I just don't get it.

Labadal

Liverpool fans, can you tell me why Henderson and Adam keep getting starts? Each time I catch bits of the game, the pair seem hopelessly out of form. I'd rather see Maxi and Spearing.

I have to blame Kenny once again. Henderson behind a striker would work, but not as a winger. I don't know why we are playing Adam, maybe because KK is afraid to play Shelvey? He's looked good the few times he's gotten some play time. Hopefully, Jonjo gets more games next season. I personally think that it doesn't matter who we play. It's all about tactics and our manager is unwilling to change them. Everyone blames Carroll for being shit and overpriced. I do agree on the overpriced part, but I do not think he's shit. If Carroll is considered shit, then so should the rest of our offensive players. What have Kuyt, Downing and Henderson done this season? Not much. Suarez in another team would have probably scored 10+ goals in the league by now.

Having watched every single LFC game this season, I fail to understand why KK and his staff can't come up with something. It's not like this has been going on for 2-3 games, it's been going on for 30+ games. Any other manager would've probable been sacked by now. Our problem is very simple: We lack creativity, we have no one (other than Suarez) who is willing to try to beat his man, we always have way to few players helping in attack and almost no one in the box and last, the thing that is killing me, we're so fucking slow. By the time we're on the opponent's half of the pitch, they have already managed to organize their defence.

I blame the manager and his tactics. Most of our players have been shit except our back 4 and Lucas.

sneaky77

Why do some clubs in the leagues in England treat players like this? A team in need of a talented MC promptly ignore the one they already have at the club and decide that spending a shit ton of money and wages is a better idea. I just don't get it.

A lot of teams do that...not just EPL

Kyoufu

Yeah everytime I have seen him on the field I don't get why they spent so much money for him, they surely could have bought someone decent with that cash

What happened was Carroll was on fire with Newcastle. Received a lot of praise from Shearer etc so Liverpool snatched him up based on his performances. He then goes to Liverpool and sucks balls for whatever reason.

The Torres effect.

sneaky77

What happened was Carroll was on fire with Newcastle. Received a lot of praise from Shearer etc so Liverpool snatched him up based on his performances. He then goes to Liverpool and sucks balls for whatever reason.

The Torres effect.

But he was on fire in the championship division right? Still way overpaid for it

Mastadon

Banned
Andy Carroll looks about as dangerous as the Anfield Cat. Sorry dudes but this season has been very very poor for him.

Yeah no one is debating that, but it's painfully obvious that the lad is short of confidence. In his past three or four game he was looking far more confident and dangerous. Not playing him just sends him back to square one.

Labadal

If you are referring to the Jonjo situation, I'd have to say that our coaching staff is incompetent.

I don't care if someone says something on this forum. you accuse bayern fans ( I'm one too) making up excuses and ironically you made the same thing.

that's the only reason that should count. everything else is just ridiculous.
Well, even though I said that I didn't let's pretend that I did...
At least I proved that it's not a bs excuse like your lot makes all the fucking time.

Also eff you for replying with one, two-liners to my elaborate posts. I'm out, lol

Mastadon

Banned
So where does Comolli stand in all of this? Kenny seems to be shouldering all the blame for our lacklustre signings, but surely DC had a hand in them? I thought that's what Kenny was alluding to when he said Downing was better than he thought.

Lightning

Banned
Bit biased as an arsenal fan but his arms are down and the ball has come off his leg via the way

Damn just seen we got everton away after newcastle, do well to get anything from that

FULL TIME Everton 1 - 0 Spurs
Not too bad though. It will be a good time to play Everton as they will have less recovery time than us. They also have to play Sunderland in the FA cup before our match with them. We should be okay in that game.

spidye

Well, even though I said that I didn't let's pretend that I did...
At least I proved that it's not a bs excuse like your lot makes all the fucking time.
yeah, you proved a lot .....
maybe the augsburg fans like bayern but that doesn't mean augsburg players do like them too.
I'm pretty sure augsburg players don't give a shit where bayern stands in the league

Also eff you for replying with one two-liners to my elaborate posts. I'm out, lol

if you weren't so condescending in your tone I would have posted more "elaborate" replies.

let's just stop this. we are not going to agree on anything here. we are wasting our time here.

and eff you too, lol

Fry

I hate when I suddenly get shit at Fifa. From getting promoted to div 1 and winning the title, to getting relegated and having a -8 current streak.

Slizz

I hate when I suddenly get shit at Fifa. From getting promoted to div 1 and winning the title, to getting relegated and having a -8 current streak.

Never had a losing streak like that but I know what you mean. What I usually do is; if I play 2 shit games back to back, the console is off. Fuck it. Take a break for an hr or 2 and come back to it. The more you play the angrier you get.

sneaky77

As much as EA claims there is no hidden momentum and shit, I believe there is, if you are having a day that shit goes against you, just turn it off and come back later.

Fry

What I usually do is; if I play 2 shit games back to back, the console is off. Fuck it. Take a break for an hr or 2 and come back to it. The more you play the angrier you get.

I can't just play 2 games and leave at that. I try to fix my bad results instantly, but that usually just makes it worst.

As much as EA claims there is no hidden momentum and shit

That's a huge lie on their part. I lose many games because of momentum. Many times I concede one goal after 70 minutes, and then another 2 in the next 5 minutes.

Labadal

So where does Comolli stand in all of this? Kenny seems to be shouldering all the blame for our lacklustre signings, but surely DC had a hand in them? I thought that's what Kenny was alluding to when he said Downing was better than he thought.

Comolli should also be blamed for transfers, but Henderson, Downing, Jose Enrique, Bellamy and Carroll all played in other PL teams. A manager should know about players in other clubs in the same league even if there are lots of scouts at the club. I'd blame Comolli more if we bought players from abroad who didn't deliver. We payed overprice for most of our signings, wich was probably based on Comolli's evaluation, so I blame him for that too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pogba back in the squad for tomorrow, rumours of him signing a new contract could be true!

Squad - : De Gea, Amos, Jones, Fabio, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Pogba, Cleverley, Scholes, Park, Nani, Hernández, Berba, Rooney, Welbeck. Others to join up in the morning.

See, now THAT makes sense! Mino got what he wanted in the end! No one in his right mind would move to Serie A looking for first team football!

Fëanor

Nothing sweeter than beating far better players than yourself in Fifa, and then they rage quit with seconds left in the game. :/

Slizz

As much as EA claims there is no hidden momentum and shit, I believe there is, if you are having a day that shit goes against you, just turn it off and come back later.

I can't just play 2 games and leave at that. I try to fix my bad results instantly, but that usually just makes it worst.

That's a huge lie on their part. I lose many games because of momentum. Many times I concede one goal after 70 minutes, and then another 2 in the next 5 minutes.

Yea I'm not sure about hidden momentum. I've had 'swings' in both directions; give up a 3 goal lead to lose or draw OR coming back from 3 goals down to win.... Lots of times I get those comebacks because of human error's or lucky bounces.

Fëanor;35907155 said:
Nothing sweeter than beating far better players than yourself in Fifa, and then they rage quit with seconds left in the game. :/

Love it. Though I don't get why they quit at the very end of the game? I rarely save replays, and would rather go through the normal exit instead of it freezing and then going back to the main menu

Podolski handing in his transfer request:

AiQFV.jpg

and the sports director has been fired after the match, the sports director Ståle was constantly fighting with. Should start following Køln, they sound like the Palermo circus. Btw expect Mutti to be fired tomorrow after this Roma match.

Lightning

Banned
Dalglish certainly does love to use the "lucky" excuse a lot....

There is a saying that teams make their own luck something Liverpool are not doing.

Slizz

I've gone from Div 2 to Div 6 since changing to manual controls :/

I don't get the appeal of manual controls... I've done GAF leagues with semi-assisted and that was fun and I kept most of my controls on semi. Full manual is a fucking nightmare.

sneaky77

I don't get the appeal of manual controls... I've done GAF leagues with semi-assisted and that was fun and I kept most of my controls on semi. Full manual is a fucking nightmare.

yeah I play with semi mix with manual in some stuff, fully assisted requires little skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom