• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-2

untitled-5xnatd.gif

That squad was wank

??? It featured Gerrard, Hamann, Finnan, Carragher, Dudek, Hyypia, Riise and Baros. I think you're forgetting that for the 2000-2005 period, those were very good players. 6 of those players were still good enough in 2007 to feature in Liverpool's CL run of that year.

Sorry to go OT like this gents, but does anyone know how to import your Shep into the game without being given a gratuitous amount of squad points at the start of the game?

Shit's really pissing me off.

Mastadon

Banned
??? It featured Gerrard, Hamann, Finnan, Carragher, Dudek, Hyypia, Riise and Baros. I think you're forgetting that for the 2000-2005 period, those were very good players. 6 of those players were still good enough in 2007 to feature in Liverpool's CL run of that year.

Very good? Really? It was a pretty mediocre squad that really had no right getting that far in the competition, never mind winning it. Baros, Kewell, Traoré etc. That wasn't my point though, the fact that Rafa achieved that in one season with a squad he inherited says it all.

4 players started in both finals, 2 of whom were Gerrard and Carragher. Obviously the 2007 squad contained players from Houlliers reign, but it very much had Rafa's stamp on it by then. The spine of that team was Reina, Agger, Masch, Alonso and Kuyt.

vall03

oh just saw some scores! Liverpool and Tottenham losing? perfect! Arsenal better win against Newcastle! I want that 3 points!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom