• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a lot more innocent than the picture suggests. He was acting out something that happened on the field prior to his red card.

A photo speaks more than a thousand words or something. Don't explain it, just let it speak! *writes headline for article about Podolski attack on own manager*

I think Kenny resigns at the end of the year, and someone outrageous replaces him.

I fear the return of the Fat Waiter.

I played a bit of the FIFA Street demo, and then remembered that in all EA FIFA games it feels like you're fighting just to move your player around. Deleted!

Fëanor

Indeed, I tried and quickly went back to the default.

Favorite win was a comeback after being down 0-4 in the first half of the game against a pretty good player. Won the game with two injury time goals.

Is it me, or does playing against Real Madrid give more injury time in the first half?

1-1 Higuain

untitled-3g8f37.gif

Mastadon

Banned
I think Kenny resigns at the end of the year, and someone outrageous replaces him.

I fear the return of the Fat Waiter.

I played a bit of the FIFA Street demo, and then remembered that in all EA FIFA games it feels like you're fighting just to move your player around. Deleted!

How dreadful it would be to have the man who led us to two Champions League finals, our best ever league finish and assembled the best squad we've had in 15 years back at the helm.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏ @AssouEkotto

we started to play for real in the second half. We hope next time not to do the same. Now we are all Newcastle fans. lol

The goal we gave away today was criminal. *sigh* The old Spurs have returned.

Kyoufu

That goal is amazing because anybody else would have tried to pass it to Ronaldo. Higuain doesn't give a fuck.

What a boss.

dc89

Micah Richards conceaded a penalty EXACTLY like that (hard shot, hit him on the leg and then up on his arm). And this thread said it was correct.

Yup. In my eyes, the decision which cost us a trip to Wembley.

Imagine if Everton beat Liverpool on Tuesday and leap frog them in the table!
Seriously, this season is quickly becoming a failure for Liverpool. Top 4 was the true target and it can't be achieved now. Surely the owners will be questioning Kenny of his purchases, Downing, Carroll, Adam, Henderson are all not good enough in my eyes to play for Liverpool. £100m spent.

Say they dont make top 4 next season, would another good cup run suffice? What can Mr Henry do, surely he can not sack a living, breathing Liverpool legend? What a conundrum.

How dreadful it would be to have the man who led us to two Champions League finals, our best ever league finish and assembled the best squad we've had in 15 years back at the helm.

He won the CL with squad that was essentially Houllier's, alienated the team's best players, and accumulated an absolute harem of shitty players. I know he's not responsible for all of Liverpool's latest decline, but he has to shoulder a fair bit of the blame. The ballwashing Benitez gets from some Liverpool fans is ridiculous.

In any case, this is ultimately academic since KK won't resign, Henry won't fire him, and Liverpool will finish 9th next season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

It's sad but true. One bad game against Arsenal has shattered the confidence of the team and we look laboured even when we are dominating possession. Every single one of the goals we've given away in these 3 defeats was a defensive error and we don't seem to have the ability to bounce back.

I blame Munoz for everything. Vazquez needs to play a lot more.

wtf why does mutti start zahavi and budan over abel and ilicic? is he nuts? and donati was utter shit today, why sub off acquah?

palermo's defense actually wasn't the worst today, it was the link between midfield and attack. zahavi is a joke pastore replacement.

Mastadon

Banned
He won the CL with squad that was essentially Houllier's, alienated the team's best players, and accumulated an absolute harem of shitty players. I know he's not responsible for all of Liverpool's latest decline, but he has to shoulder a fair bit of the blame. The ballwashing Benitez gets from some Liverpool fans is ridiculous.

In any case, this is ultimately academic since KK won't resign, Henry won't fire him, and Liverpool will finish 9th next season.

If he won the CL with Houllier's squad, then surely it's an even more impressive feat? That squad was wank, and there was no way a manager like Houllier would have got us close to the final. He then also got us back there with his own squad two years later.

He was responsible for some shit signings, but show me a manage who hasn't been. At the end of the day, he brought players like Reina, Mascherano, Alonso, Kuyt, Agger, Torres, Lucas, Skrtel, Johnson. The signings that didn't work out we generally broke even on as well. He also had us playing some fucking lovely football. The back half of the 08/09 was amazing.

He had his faults no doubt, but I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

Nah, I can let Liverpool fans 'off' with their affection for Benetiz. He's the best manager they've had in a long while and gave them some exciting times. Its why Newcastle fans fawn over Keegan - only Benetiz actually won something!

wtf why does mutti start zahavi and budan over abel and ilicic? is he nuts? and donati was utter shit today, why sub off acquah?

palermo's defense actually wasn't the worst today, it was the link between midfield and attack. zahavi is a joke pastore replacement.

Zamps has had Budan on contract since 1999. Now that Budan actually started both scoring goals and not being injuried he needs to play or else Mutti would no doubt be fired. THE 13 YEARS WITH BUDAN WILL FINALLY PAY OFF FOR ZAMPS. Not sure what the hell Budan managed to get his contracts, must be Zamps boy toy or something.

Yen

Yup. In my eyes, the decision which cost us a trip to Wembley.

Imagine if Everton beat Liverpool on Tuesday and leap frog them in the table!
Seriously, this season is quickly becoming a failure for Liverpool. Top 4 was the true target and it can't be achieved now. Surely the owners will be questioning Kenny of his purchases, Downing, Carroll, Adam, Henderson are all not good enough in my eyes to play for Liverpool. £100m spent.

Say they dont make top 4 next season, would another good cup run suffice? What can Mr Henry do, surely he can not sack a living, breathing Liverpool legend? What a conundrum.
King* Kenny's contract is up at the end of next season. Would be more than happy to see Rafa back, though would Commolli hire him?

*that's right

Fur_Q

If he won the CL with Houllier's squad, then surely it's an even more impressive feat? That squad was wank, and there was no way a manager like Houllier would have got us close to the final. He then also got us back there with his own squad two years later.

He was responsible for some shit signings, but show me a manage who hasn't been. At the end of the day, he brought players like Reina, Mascherano, Alonso, Kuyt, Agger, Torres, Lucas, Skrtel, Johnson. The signings that didn't work out we generally broke even on as well. He also had us playing some fucking lovely football. The back half of the 08/09 was amazing.

He had his faults no doubt, but I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

See what you have to do is, you've got to hold and give
But do it at the right time
You can be slow or fast
But you must get to the line
They'll always hit you and hurt you
Defend and attack
There's only one way to beat them
Get round the back
Catch you if I can
Cos' You're a KK man
And what I'm looking at
Is the master plan
You ain't no hooligans
This ain't just any song
The Kop behind your back
I know you can't go wrong

Sleepy

Dalglish certainly does love to use the "lucky" excuse a lot....

There is a saying that teams make their own luck something Liverpool are not doing.

I'm surprised Dalglish didn't go with his standard answer: I don't know why we lost, I didn't see the game.

Dalglish certainly does love to use the "lucky" excuse a lot....

There is a saying that teams make their own luck something Liverpool are not doing.

Unlucky and Lucky are the type of words someone uses when they can't truly explain what happened.

Lucky would be scoring a goal after a ball deflected in off a beach ball.
Unlucky would be scoring a goal but it being disallowed because the ref didn't think it crossed the line.

Madridy

Man Vicodin is a pretty strong stuff, I don't feel any of my pains at all (Unlike the other paracetamol stuff). I now see why House is hooked on this. :p

Edit: GOAAAAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom