• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Agree on Kermit.

I want to get up for the F1 but I don't know if I can. Will give it a shot. Senna is a brilliant movie though, loved it.

Speaking of Red Bull, I had my first sip of it last week. First sip ever. Meh.

Holy shit. Can't believe you've not had it for this long. I love the stuff but I know it's bad for me, I'm trying to cut down. Doesn't help that my local Subway include cans of Relentless in their Sub and a Drink for £3 offer.

Senna really is a great film, very sad. It dismays me that F1 is so much about technology nowadays. The days of a driver coming from 14th to win the race are long gone in my opinion.

What!? How does that even happen?
Not sure really. When I was younger I used to think it was beer (not quite sure why) and as I don't drink I stayed away from it. Then I just made it a point to not drink it, but lo and behold, in my final few months of Uni I finally had a couple of gulps. After a football match aswell, not before :lol

I get that people drink it as an energy boost but I don't get people who order it when they go out. It doesn't taste particularly nice, it's not horrible, just...nothing special.

rodvik

Agree on Kermit.

I want to get up for the F1 but I don't know if I can. Will give it a shot. Senna is a brilliant movie though, loved it.

Speaking of Red Bull, I had my first sip of it last week. First sip ever. Meh.

Speaking of first drinks, I had my first Absinthe recently. Very overrated. Avoid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Holy shit. Can't believe you've not had it for this long. I love the stuff but I know it's bad for me, I'm trying to cut down. Doesn't help that my local Subway include cans of Relentless in their Sub and a Drink for £3 offer.

Senna really is a great film, very sad. It dismays me that F1 is so much about technology nowadays. The days of a driver coming from 14th to win the race are long gone in my opinion.

Three cans a day.

We're already dead, Arnie :(

Can West Ham win a game? I mean god. damn.

WELCOME TO FOOTBALL GAF

Not sure really. When I was younger I used to think it was beer (not quite sure why) and as I don't drink I stayed away from it. Then I just made it a point to not drink it, but lo and behold, in my final few months of Uni I finally had a couple of gulps. After a football match aswell, not before :lol

I get that people drink it as an energy boost but I don't get people who order it when they go out. It doesn't taste particularly nice, it's not horrible, just...nothing special.
I used to drink energy drinks like they were going out of fashion. Now I don't go near them. I had a sip a few weeks back and honest to god, I have no idea why I liked them, fucking rough.

Also, when I was drinking them, all I ever had to drink when I was out was cider, and vodka and redbull. After a night of pure sugary mess, your teeth felt like they wanted to extract themselves from your head. Ugh.

It's good as a mixer as it gets you buzzed even when you're drinking spirits.

Not a fan of absinthe, I can't stand the taste of anise. Anyone here had Everclear before?

Omikron

More Championship talk is welcome. After all Jeff & I's teams are going to be in it next season so we need to get up to speed. :)

Hopefully you aren't from Australia, the (local) coverage is fucking awful.

That said, I have kinda enjoyed it, the relegation bit hurts tho. ;)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Posted randomly a few times in utter frustration. The top league talk bores me generally :p

I wouldn't know. I watch Serie A
2LezG.gif

rodvik

Hopefully you aren't from Australia, the (local) coverage is fucking awful.

That said, I have kinda enjoyed it, the relegation bit hurts tho. ;)

Nah I am English but live in the USA. I get a couple of championship games a week on cable. Not so bad. I really hope we dont get relegated but I think its a strong possibility.

On the plus side we may win games again on a regular basis.

How ironic. City won't even win the league that has been man united worst team in years.

As someone said Earlier united have been the worst team in the league apart from 19 others.

How bad is this league at present that rovers aren't bottom after how we've played

Rodvik - what took you to America and where abouts? You like it?

Arnie

Another thing about Red Bull is it makes my bowels move like Raheem Sterling. I had one on a bus to London once and it was 6 hours of hell.

rodvik

It's good as a mixer as it gets you buzzed even when you're drinking spirits.

Not a fan of absinthe, I can't stand the taste of anise. Anyone here had Everclear before?

Never had everclear. To be honest that level of alchohol % isnt fun for me. Although its cocktail time over ere. Time to make myself a sidecar. Hmmm :0 brb.

Sloosha

Nah I am English but live in the USA. I get a couple of championship games a week on cable. Not so bad. I really hope we dont get relegated but I think its a strong possibility.

On the plus side we may win games again on a regular basis.

Do you get FS Plus? My provider doesn't carry it :(

Can't get FSC in HD either.

rodvik

As someone said Earlier united have been the worst team in the league apart from 19 others.

How bad is this league at present that rovers aren't bottom after how we've played

Rodvik - what took you to America and where abouts? You like it?

I got a job in Miami after my UK employer sent me over for a few months. Been in the states ever since (now I live in San Francisco). I love it over here. I feel Anglo-American dual loyalty nowadays even though I am not a citizen.

Great place to live imho. I still enjoy visiting the family and england in general though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom