• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Couldn't tell you. All I know is that my Medic friend stays well clear of the stuff. That's as good a warning as I need (says the man who'll be necking a Red Bull in 6 hours).

Most of the stuff I've read about it in the past was pointing towards the benefits, hell I even take it as a supplement, it's only when the words Red Bull (probably due to the caffeine I'd imagine in Red Bull) are thrown in it seems to get a lot of shit.

To throw something out, the May 2011 issue of Journal of Cardiology said that taurine showed improvements in exercise time, distance, and tolerance in individuals suffering from heart failure.

I guess it depends on doses etc. too and various other variables.

Arnie

Most of the stuff I've read about it in the past was pointing towards the benefits, hell I even take it as a supplement, it's only when the words Red Bull (probably due to the caffeine I'd imagine in Red Bull) are thrown in it seems to get a lot of shit.

To throw something out, the May 2011 issue of Journal of Cardiology said that taurine showed improvements in exercise time, distance, and tolerance in individuals suffering from heart failure.

I guess it depends on doses etc. too and various other variables.

Fuck. Doesn't sound bad at all. Next time I see him I'll press him on why he thinks Taurine's a bad substance. It's probably like you say though, because it's connected with Red Bull.

kharma45

Fuck. Doesn't sound bad at all. Next time I see him I'll press him on why he thinks Taurine's a bad substance. It's probably like you say though, because it's connected with Red Bull.

Yeah ask him for me if you remember, curious now as to why he thinks that.

Anyway, night guys! Getting up in 6 hours for the F1 so will need to catch some sleep.

sixghost

Watching this Swansea/Everton game. My goodness some beautiful football played by both sides.

It's so clear how the game changed when Cahill was removed and someone with some creativity was played off the striker.

Osman and Fellaini both can play that position better than Cahill, but he's there just about every game.

Messi

Any of you guys watch the pilot for Kiefer Sutherlands new show 'Touch'? I recorded it because I like Kiefer, but if its no use ill just delete it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Just came back from work. Not only did the gringoes lose, but my Chivas are winning 2-0 against Toluca!!!!

FUCK YES

edit: Man, Carlos Fierro is gonna be such a good player. And Omar Arellano is making the red devils looks like red turds.

Antioch

What does everyone here anticipate for the transfer period?

I think Bayern at least will be very busy in terms of transfers this year. I would guess that Van Buyten might leave, and Olic, Pranjic, Tymoschtschuk, Petersen (probably going on loan), Usami and possibly Breno will go as well. I think that it might be good to loan out someone like Emre Can as well.

In terms of players coming to Bayern we already know of Shaqiri, and it looks like Dante and possibly Hoewedes will come as well, I wonder though what Bayern will do in terms of midfield and strikers. I think a while ago they had interest in Montolivo, but I have no idea who they might get as strikers. If Olic leaves and Petersen goes on loan they would need to find one or two strikers who wouldn't have a problem with being on the bench.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
4bDUs.png

Very important victory today. More than the three points this match proves that we don't have to depend on Marco Fabián in order to get results. I admittedly didn't watch the whole match, but there was some great team play going on after the goal, especially from Arellano and Salazar. Hopefully this is a great motivator for Wednesday: we have to play Defensor Spórting in Montevideo, which will probably be the deciding match on whether we go through the second round in Libertadores or not.

elsk

Banned
DvB is staying. I'm not sure about Tymo.

Out:
- Usami
- Olic
- Pranjic
- Breno
- Petersen (on loan)
- Butt (he's going to be part of the reserves trainers or something)

In:
- Drobny
- Dante
- Shaqiri
- Pizarro (or random striker)

If Tymo leaves then we'll get a new DM, maybe Khedira?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Now the group B is way more complex. Do you want to win the 1st place or 2nd? difficult decision!
You cannot depend on what the guys at the other do. I think both Mexico and Honduras should stop worrying about what USA does and just go for winning the group. You should be able to impose your authority on everyone if you have any serious conviction of winning the tournament.

elsk

Banned
You cannot depend on what the guys at the other do. I think both Mexico and Honduras should stop worrying about what USA does and just go for winning the group. You should be able to impose your authority on everyone if you have any serious conviction of winning the tournament.

Actually, México is the only team I would've liked to avoid :(

K1LLER7

DvB is staying. I'm not sure about Tymo.

Out:
- Usami
- Olic
- Pranjic
- Breno
- Petersen (on loan)
- Butt (he's going to be part of the reserves trainers or something)

In:
- Drobny
- Dante
- Shaqiri
- Pizarro (or random striker)

If Tymo leaves then we'll get a new DM, maybe Khedira?

berbatov to Bayern?

elsk

Banned
A more relevant question is how many people follow the Honduran league instead of La Liga.

Actually, the local league did a study of how many people follow the local league, and some interesting stuff. Looks like around 80% follow the local league, but only 3% are going to the stadium.

I follow my local team, but I don't longer go to the stadium. The crime, economy and facilities (stadium) are beyond shit in Honduras now.

MPW

99% real madrid - barcelona.
0.8% the epl, 0.1% serie a. 0.1% other leagues

lol how did u become a bayern fan then?

pieroceccarinironaldo1998_275x155.jpg
Ronaldo complains to referee Piero Ceccarini after being denied a penalty kick in 1998.

The 1970s and '80s were a quiet period for the derby as Inter continually failed to reach their previous greatness; until one particular incident-filled encounter in 1998 re-ignited the old hatred and bile. That April, in the midst of yet another head-to-head title race, Inter travelled to Turin and what followed was a match marred by poor officiating and questionable calls on both sides.

Brazilian star Ronaldo attempted to skip past Juve's Mark Iuliano and was body-checked by the Italian defender only to see referee Piero Ceccarini turn down the penalty appeals; almost immediately he awarded a spot-kick at the other end. While Gianluca Pagliuca would save Alessandro Del Piero's penalty, the Juve captain did score the winning goal and secure yet another Scudetto for the Bianconeri. Gigi Simoni, Inter's manager at the time, was sent off for screaming "you should be ashamed" at the official but that was nothing compared to what would happen later.

A session of Italian Parliament was actually abandoned when deputies from the far-right National Alliance and Democratic Left came to blows over accusations of match-fixing. The 20 seconds between the body-check and the award of a penalty to Juve became among the most replayed in history; countless television programmes slowing them down and discussing them.

juve vs inter should be good

elsk

Banned
lol how did u become a bayern fan then?

something something hipster?

I had a german uncle, so I watched Bayern matches when I was a kid. Stopped caring about football until a few years ago, and then it made sense to pick Bayern.

Also, I hate Real Madrid-Barcelona stuff, and I find the EPL to be pretty boring I don't like the "style" of football they play. I just watch Bundesliga and Serie A.

Blablurn

please, please, please. i really want cologne to steal some points from dortmund today!! but then i think... it's cologne and u should never rely on them :/

Lightning

Banned
I think the 3 sides that are currently in the relegation zone are the ones who will be going down this season.

QPR are definitely going down for me. Too many hard games coming up for them (Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea and Man City) and they still have to play all of them.. that will be too much, imo.

Wolves fixtures are not quite as bad but they are so shit that they can lose to everyone in the league and they are 4points down before they get out. Can't see it happening, they are gone, imo.

Wigan are in a similar situation to QPR with a lot of hard games coming up. Cant see them making it but the away game against Blackburn will be key but even then I can't see Wigan winning that game.

And Bolton's destiny is in their own hands and they only face Newcastle from the top 7 so they can win any of those games. I doubt they will be relegated.

bjaelke

Liverpool will decide which teams get relegated. We still have a role to play in the league. God dammit.
+1
follow some real league, like the danish
+1
No. But he also plays for one shitty ass club, think all their forwards combined has scored like 6 goals all season.

That's because we have so many useless strikers in our team. Too much rotation. If Bruno started every game we wouldn't have the problem
KuGsj.gif

Lightning

Banned
Liverpoop have already played their hand by giving out bonus wins to QPR and Wigan where they could have and should have won both games...

bjaelke

We could be seeing the last Old Firm today due to Rangers financial problems. And Celtic could be winning the title at Ibrox. Speak about kicking a man when he's down.
According to my list you only have Blackburn? After Blackburn you have West Brom?

West Brom/Wolves. Who cares. We're still going to drop points.

Salazar

It must be like Christmas come early!

Yep.

Only one thing to do today, also. Conservative hyper-religious philosopher debates pompous wavy-haired atheist philosopher.

I'm actually cheering on the religious bloke, so naff is his opponent. Rather like Stoke versus City.

dc89

Ive been thinking. Maybe the Kermit twitter is being ran by the someone who can go completely under the radar and avoid suspicion. A real dark horse.

It's Fady, I'm calling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom