• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Calm down mate, it's only banter.

LLShC.gif

Labadal

I've been thinkiing...

The ruler of neoGAF is a Liverpool fan and he thought to himself that moving this topic to Community would end the bad farm they are having.

Kenny out.

Actually "mate" is the worst word ever.

how does mate = friend ????

From Middle English, from Middle Low German mate (“messmate”) (replacing Middle English mette from Old English ġemetta (“sharer of food, table-guest”)), derived from Proto-Germanic *gamatjô, itself from Proto-Germanic *ga- (“together”) (related to German and Dutch ge-) + Proto-Germanic *matjô (from Proto-Germanic *matiz (“food”)), related to Old English mete (“food”)). More at co-, meat.

So pretty much sharing something together.

GorillaJu

Actually "mate" is the worst word ever.

how does mate = friend ????

The only thing I hate about the word "mate" is that I have legitimately heard the argument that Europeans and Australians have deeper, better friendships, because your "mate" is way closer than your "friend." Hah.

Carbonox

Agonising wait for the Newcastle game. I feel indifferent regarding our chances. West Brom are such a jammy team and we don't have great luck against them.

Kyoufu

Agonising wait for the Newcastle game. I feel indifferent regarding our chances. West Brom are such a jammy team and we don't have great luck against them.

I wonder if Alan Pardew will go for 4-4-2 or he'll leave Cisse off? He has 3 goals in what, 5 games? He's on form, whereas Ba hasn't scored in a while. I hope they both play.

Hmm it appears you British folked change your clocks. I gotta remember I'm 5 hours behind you all now. So West Brom / Newcastle at 11am. Whee!

Carbonox

I wonder if Alan Pardew will go for 4-4-2 or he'll leave Cisse off? He has 3 goals in what, 5 games? He's on form, whereas Ba hasn't scored in a while. I hope they both play.

I hope he starts Cisse and Ba. Can't be pricking about with them.

Ben Arfa on the right and most likely Guthrie with Cabaye cos Tiote isn't 100%. Could have used his steel against these shites though.

Oh and I want Santon back in the starting lineup. Fuck off Pardew with your hard-on for Perch.

dc89

We need Professor Layton to solve this. But as his apprentice, I stand by my original assumption that the owner of the account is indeed FadyK.

Salazar

We need Professor Layton to solve this. But as his apprentice, I stand by my original assumption that the owner of the account is indeed FadyK.

Fady doesn't have time for this.

Also, the English two pound coin being larger in diameter than a one pound coin is wrong.

Australia's back-to-front way is superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom