• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Can't believe this is our highest margin score line of the season so far, joint with the win over Man Utd (3 goals). Whereas last season we had at least two 5 goal margin wins. Carroll and Best > Cisse and Ba confirmed? :p

LegoArmo

Can't believe this is our highest margin score line of the season so far, joint with the win over Man Utd (3 goals). Whereas last season we had at least two 5 goal margin wins. Carroll and Best > Cisse and Ba confirmed? :p

Haha, do you think it's just the change in style of play? Carroll knocking it down for midfield runners, plus some goals himself. Nolan and Baton would pop up with a few, right?

bjaelke

Got the pleasure of sending someone off today. Even at amateur level players get pissed and complain all the time
KuGsj.gif

Copenhagen are playing so badly.

And FCN winning by 2 goals. Going to be a good day!

Clegg

John Guidetti scored his 19th goal in 20 games today. He will be featuring in the PL next season I can tell.

He'll play a few games but he won't be getting ahead of Aguero,Balotelli or Tevez(if he stays).

City have too many good strikers right now. Not all of them will be happy with a bench spot. I can see Dzeko maybe leaving in the Summer.

Guidetti has already said that he'd leave City if he was only going to be 3rd choice striker.

Salvadora

He'll play a few games but he won't be getting ahead of Aguero,Balotelli or Tevez(if he stays).

City have too many good strikers right now. Not all of them will be happy with a bench spot. I can see Dzeko maybe leaving in the Summer.

Guidetti has already said that he'd leave City if he was only going to be 3rd choice striker.

I'd take Dzeko.

Anderson

What football apps do you guys use on iPad/iPhone? For news, games, anything at all.

I use sky score centre for the latest scores and ESPN goals after the games have finished to watch highlights of games

Great being able to show people crouchs wonder goal yesterday

Carbonox

Haha, do you think it's just the change in style of play? Carroll knocking it down for midfield runners, plus some goals himself. Nolan and Baton would pop up with a few, right?

Yeah Nolan was a CM but was in double figures by the end of the last season. He was a great goal poacher for us, plus Best had a good run of form with a bunch of goals too after Carroll left. But yes Carroll's hold-up play was sublime, as was his overall performances for us before he left. Really gelled well with the rest of the team. Enrique, Barton, etc. all combined brilliantly.

This season's team is the best team I've seen for us in years though. A genuine top 7 side now. I wanted a top 10 finish at the beginning. Didn't expect this team and the new players we got to work so well.

Carbonox

Come next season, when Adidas make a proper Virgin Money Newcastle top, I'm definitely getting one with Cisse on the back. Guy is pure class. Must be a bit upsetting for Ba though as his mojo went with Cisse's arrival. Cisse is the one getting all the goals now!

Come next season, when Adidas make a proper Virgin Money Newcastle top, I'm definitely getting one with Cisse on the back. Guy is pure class. Must be a bit upsetting for Ba though as his mojo went with Cisse's arrival. Cisse is the one getting all the goals now!
It works better for the team though doesn't it? Ba is good dropping off and holding it up whilst the others join in around him. Don't think Ba minds if he isn't scoring every week either.

Kyoufu

Well I hope Ba stays next season. We'll have to pay big for him to stay due to his contract clause right?

Livescore is IMO the best app to check score updates. It's very quick and simple unlike some of the other ones.

I use Twitter for all my other updates, follow a good selection of reporters/outlets and get the news quickest and easiest that way.

Carbonox

It works better for the team though doesn't it? Ba is good dropping off and holding it up whilst the others join in around him. Don't think Ba minds if he isn't scoring every week either.

Ba's link-up play is brilliant so yeah I'm glad his pairing with Cisse works well.

Well I hope Ba stays next season. We'll have to pay big for him to stay due to his contract clause right?

That's if other teams want to take the punt on Ba's knee. It could very well happen seeing as he hasn't had a problem yet *touch wood*. However, yes, we will need to offer him a new deal. I can imagine why we didn't give him a fantastic contract as there were fears we could be in a relegation fight ourselves with our loss of important players.

Now's the time to give him a good deal though. He's deserved it, the fans deserve it, etc.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
:lol

What a horrid goal to give away, utter dogshit from the Newcastle defense. I'm glad it was Long, good little player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom