• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

About to buy Man on Fire and Moneyball, even though I know nothing about baseball. Good idea or no?

Edit: I should note that I am in the checkout line :p

WJD

Michael Owen going on about PFA awards at the moment. What does Footy Gaf think?

I'd go for...

POTY: Van Persie
Young POTY: ??? (no idea what constitutes as young nowadays - would have gone for Jones pre-christmas)

Team:

Hart

Baines
Kompany
Coloccini
Richards

Bale
Carrick
Silva
Valencia

Van Persie
Rooney

Plenty of other options but that's what I've rested on.

I don't know why, but I hate Obi.

iQqBhHK56rlp6.gif

y u hate????

bjaelke

Caught the highlights from the Nextgen final. Those damn Inter kids are some dirty fuckers. No intention to play football at all.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd go for...

POTY - van Persie
YPOTY - Mata?

Vorm

Baines
Coloccini
Agger
Richards

Dempsey
Silva
Carrick
Valencia

van Persie
Rooney

Subs bench?

Hart
Lescott
Cabaye
Britton
Mata
Ba
Aguero

Madridy

That is some Fast paced and Beautiful football is being played tonight between Juve and Inter from both sides! Probably the best 1st half I've seen this season in Seria A!

What a great game for a neutral! Shame there isn't any goals yet.

Also Buffon still got it!

kharma45

For me it'd be

POTY - RVP
YPOTY - I can't think of anyone so I'm going with James McLean, maybe Chamberlain?

Team

Vorm

Richards
Kompany
Coloccini
Baines

Valencia
Dempsey
Silva
Bale

RVP
Ba

Umm has daylight savings fucked your schedule? Lol

The game already started and 1st half finished 0-0

Haha no I watched the first half and I had that typed in a reply but forgot to submit, just submitted because oh well what the hell.

Matri had an off first half but he could have scored twice. Should've scored that header, for sure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Haha no I watched the first half and I had that typed in a reply but forgot to submit, just submitted because oh well what the hell.

Matri had an off first half but he could have scored twice. Should've scored that header, for sure.

And missed a golden chance in the box as well.

They better turn up in the second half.......................

edit: Vucinic pushing Marchisio out of the way kinda summed up Vucinic.

POTY - RVP
YPOTY - Scott Sinclair

Krul

Richards
Kompany
Skrtel
BAE

Valencia
Yaya
Britton
Bale

RVP
Kun

Subs - Hart, Collocini, Baines Cabaye, Sessengon, Rooney, Ba.

Gone for a few "alternative" choices just to mix it up.

How about Welbeck for YPOTY?
Decent shout. I think he's a had a really good season getting to 10 goals and generally contributing well to our play.

I'm gonna stick with Scott Sinclair though, since he's not only played well but also been a leader of sorts for Swansea.

Labadal

POTY: van Persie. He's been absolutely amazing. Without him, Arsenal would be fighting with Liverpool for 6th place

My choices for YPOTY are Krul and Vorm. It's a really tough call. I think they have been the two best keepers in the league. I'll go with Vorm because the award can't be shared.

Team of the year:

Vorm

Richards
Kompany
Agger
Assou-Ekotto

Dempsey
Sessegnon
Van der Vaart
Silva

Van Persie
Rooney

Bench:
Krul
Ba
Aguero
Yaya Toure
Modric
Walker
Vermealen

His interviews are great. But he can't top Favre's. :D

It's definately a tough choice. No doubt that Favre is doing a great job. But I rate Streich a bit higher. Freiburg was almost dead, with Cisse leaving they were dead. And he managed to revive them. No way I would have guessed that, they were already relegated for me.

Again: have you seen our schedule? If we want to do something in the semi finals of CL, then we got to forget about the Bundesliga completely.

Yeah, I've seen it. 6 free points for you until the match and after that, depending on the result, everything is possible.

Fry

Hmm. I'll make my team of the season picks in a few weeks. There's still time for a hero to rise!

You're my latest follower on twitter, aren't you? I'm following you back now.

Just woke up, before I went to bed, the real Kermit sent me a very lovely tweet. :lol I can't see anymore though, I think he either deleted or protected his tweets.

Brendan Rogers surely a shoe-in for manager of the year too?
Rodgers or Pardew. Lambert also a good shout but those first two the most impressive candidates IMO.

Daglish if you want to include commercial deals which you should or you need an IQ test :lol

Wilbur

Banned
Brendan Rogers surely a shoe-in for manager of the year too?

I'd say Pardew deserves it a little more; Rodgers, Lambert and O'Neill have all done brilliant jobs but they're in that little gaggle of teams all around each other. Fantastic by them but Newcastle being level with Chelsea is as much a sign of them being good as Chelsea being poor.

SAF again has been the primary reason we're still in the title race, but it's expected.

Wilbur

Banned
You're my latest follower on twitter, aren't you? I'm following you back now.

Just woke up, before I went to bed, the real Kermit sent me a very lovely tweet. :lol I can't see anymore though, I think he either deleted or protected his tweets.

It was fucking hilarious hahaha, I was in the corner bawling after he called me a drugged up loon but calling you a meringue raised my spirits again

Labadal

Vorm is 28 for those picking him btw.

I think Krul is 23 so qualifies just. But I think it should be under 21's only.

Lol, I'll go with Welbeck then. Everytime I've seen him, I've thought to myself that if he improves his finishing, he'll be something special.

These aren't my final opinions, because there are still some games to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom