• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

rififi

Arbeloa playing well, Coentrao hasn't made any big mistakes . . . but Di Maria, fucking useless, it's like playing with 10 men (never liked him, never will).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I like how he keeps playing Sandro

Wait, no I don't.

Sandro was good today and showed more bottle and energy than Parker. I don't give a shit about the 4231 formation, we beat Swansea and got a good draw at Chelsea playing that way. Only in those games the keeper didn't let a free kick waft past him from 30 yards away.

clemenx

Banned
from that to saying that Madrid have them in their pocket is a little far fetched imo..

Oh I agree, and I understand people don't like what Madrid's doing. But on this particular match I don't think Barça was good at all.

It all can change on the 2nd half of course.

Great 1st 20 minutes from Madrid, but work-rate really dropped in the last 15 minutes, and Barca started to get their passing going.

Di Maria needs to come off, I can't stand him at the best of times, but for two consecutive matches he has been rancid.

Kaka on for Di Marai, there were a few times where Dive-boy got the ball and if Kaka had it there would have been a pass instead of shite.

On the whole though Madrid have kept their shape well, and have the better bench.

Betting favourite for Red Card between Busquets and Pepe?

:)

Scum

Can't I? Weakened the squad in January, played stupid 442s for the last two months, overplayed our best XI and showed a complete lack of spine in giving these players a hiding when they are being shit. He's done great for us, but two end of season meltdowns in a row is more than coincidence. We have reached his ceiling and I want him to go at the end of the season. A squad like ours should not be losing like this.

Obviously I support Spurs but I really hope Newcastle win all their remaining games. They have shown great character this season unlike our bunch of bottling, naive bastards.

Well said, mate.
Maybe we should have just kept Jol. At least he was consistent with his league positions. :p

Keio

For a Finer World
no , barca will whine at the ref till they get the cards they want :)
What an original comment!

In terms of chances, very little at either end. Offsides, misplaced final passes and two good saves (Alves through intercept and Xavi's shot) from Iker.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
rtGMk.png

Sahin for Di Maria, do it. :lol

I'd be happy with that, but Mou won't play Sahin and Alonso together.

Callejon would be a good alternative to Kaka.

I'd go with Albiol for Pepe as opposed to Varane, just not enough experience at this level - if he made a mistake that cost the result it could destroy him.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well said, mate.
Maybe we should have just kept Jol. At least he was consistent with his league positions. :p

Jol finished 5th with Zokora, Jenas and Chimbonda in the starting XI. He would get more out of this current squad, I honestly believe that.

Harry:

"I couldn't fault the way we played. We created lots of chances, we just couldn't get a break. Our keeper hasn't had shot to save," he said.

Not the one that Taraabt farted past him from 30 yards? You stupid twat. We don't want to hear this, we want you to say we were shit and that you are trying to fix it.

Pachimari

What match have you been watching?

The same as you. We are in front, we can even do with a draw and we have been composed and broken up some of Barca's plays. Khedira is tremendous and Arbeloa and Coentrao are doing really well. Xabi Alonso isn't having a bad game either.

from that to saying that Madrid have them in their pocket is a little far fetched imo..
What I mean by having them "in our pocket" is, that we have pretty good control over this and we are pretty composed defensively. They surely have a hard time combining through the whole of our defense. They have been successful a few times but we haven't been a nerve wreck either.

Lightning

Banned
They already parked the bus...
Well Barcelona can get use to it because on Tuesday Chelsea will be doing the same thing....

Jol finished 5th with Zokora, Jenas and Chimbonda in the starting XI. He would get more out of this current squad, I honestly believe that.
What's going on at Spurs? This implosion is way worse than last seasons one. You guys have 5 losses and 3 draws from your last 9 games... what the fuck? You can add another loss to that as well if you want to include the hammering you received from Chelsea in the FA cup semi...

panty

The same as you. We are in front, we can even do with a draw and we have been composed and broken up some of Barca's plays. Khedira is tremendous and Arbeloa and Coentrao are doing really well. Xabi Alonso isn't having a bad game either.

Except that Coentrao almost made a fatal flaw. He didn't know what to do and lost possession and Barca almost scored. He needs to step up his game.

clemenx

Banned
Btw it never matters because they're so much better than anyone else but in general terms, Barça have been poor finishers this season. In this game with limited chances we already saw that with Xavi and it could haunt them.

Top Bottom