• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Salvadora

Can't I? Weakened the squad in January, played stupid 442s for the last two months, overplayed our best XI and showed a complete lack of spine in giving these players a hiding when they are being shit. He's done great for us, but two end of season meltdowns in a row is more than coincidence. We have reached his ceiling and I want him to go at the end of the season. A squad like ours should not be losing like this.

He surely can't be the choice for the England job now.

Scum

Yeah they do. Poor day for Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea.

I am still trying to figure out what Chelsea gain by playing defensively for a draw? It just cost them 2 points on 4th spot...

Conserving energy. Roberto probably thought they'd be run ragged so opted to be defensive, keeping one eye on the Barca game. Only he got luck on his side when Wenger played into his hands, which prompted both teams to just "go through the motions and be done with it."

I don't understand how Madrid can suddenly panic like this. Weird. Barca will score a few if this keeps up.

Surely the fact that they can wrap up the league title tonight on their hated rival's pitch, where they haven't won in the Mourinho era, is enough to get the blood boiling a bit.

Carbonox

Yeah they do. Poor day for Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea.

I am still trying to figure out what Chelsea gain by playing defensively for a draw? It just cost them 2 points on 4th spot...

They were probably being cocky and thinking they can do one over Barcelona on Tuesday, so looking towards that instead. Beyond that, they'll have that "if we can beat Barca, we can beat anyone" mentality for the final so they can secure CL by winning it.

Or Chelsea just showed why they're shit without some of their first choice players and knew that Arsenal would tear them a new one without playing defensively.

Madrid can't win! We don't have any GIFs for them!

ronaldo-laugh-2-cristiano-ronaldo-19817037-200-178.gif

He surely can't be the choice for the England job now.
Why he was ever the choice baffled me. I said it since the start, the media likes to stroke themselves to climax talking about big English Harry for the big English job. But I'd bet my house now that if he takes it, he'll do absolutely nothing with them.

They were probably being cocky and thinking they can do one over Barcelona on Tuesday, so looking towards that instead. Beyond that, they'll have that "if we can beat Barca, we can beat anyone" mentality for the final so they can secure CL by winning it.

Or Chelsea just showed why they're shit without some of their first choice players and knew that Arsenal would tear them a new one without playing defensively.
Arsenal werent for tearing anybody knew one's today. Both teams were poor.

Lightning

Banned
Conserving energy. Roberto probably thought they'd be run ragged so opted to be defensive, keeping one eye on the Barca game. Only he got luck on his side when Wenger played into his hands, which prompted both teams to just go through the motions and be done with it.
So Chelsea are going to place all their eggs into the basket of winning the CL spot? Very brave especially with a trip to Noucamp and a trip to Germany coming up.

Because finishing 4th looks a bit too hard for Chelsea at this point now...

It's going to take a mountain effort for Chelsea to go to Spain and prevent Barcelona from going through. Chelsea will need a goal, period. Because Barca will score, you can almost guarantee that.

mxgt

Banned
Can't I? Weakened the squad in January, played stupid 442s for the last two months, overplayed our best XI and showed a complete lack of spine in giving these players a hiding when they are being shit. He's done great for us, but two end of season meltdowns in a row is more than coincidence. We have reached his ceiling and I want him to go at the end of the season. A squad like ours should not be losing like this.

Obviously I support Spurs but I really hope Newcastle win all their remaining games. They have shown great character this season unlike our bunch of bottling, naive bastards.

I like how he keeps playing Sandro

Wait, no I don't.

Top Bottom