• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

operon

Thank you based Ronalgod. I hope that was Di Maria's last opening this season. He has been awful.

398098_o.gif

love this pic

Scum

Decent game. Madrid win. Ronaldo shows up and might have just won La Liga with the winning goal @ the Camp Nou. No sendings off and Pepe & Ramos lasted 90mins! :O

Kyoufu

You better fucking hope he doesn't! XD

We need Barca to knock Chelsea out. I won't be able to take it if they make the final with us sitting in 4th

At this point we have to accept that Chelsea are going through to the final. We can only hope they lose in the final.

Wow...

Totally not expecting Madrid to go storming into Camp Nou and come out with a victory.

It was a well-deserved result, and one that was mostly free of the usual Classico antics.

It will be interesting to see how both teams progress from here, especially with the CL matches midweek.

Will Madrid ride the emotional high of winning the Camp Nou leg of the Classico (and essentially the league) to a stirring victory at home against Bayern? Or will they be too physically and mentally drained and be run over by the Germans?

And how will Barca do against Chelsea coming off of two straight defeats and their first home defeat in some absurd amount of time knowing that if they concede any goals, it's pretty much over for them?

rodvik

Do you guys think Messi can miss out on the Ballon D'or this season?

nope. easily the best player in the world this season.

If Madrid win the CL and Ronaldo scores in the final I think Ronaldo will win it.. also depending on the Eurocup I guess

Sure, if Cristiano does well in the CL semi and Final. I don't see why it must be for Messi.

edit : actually yeah thats true. I take it back. ronaldo could win it.

Pachimari

Loved his celebration!

pIJR1.png

If we win both La Liga and CL, I'll consider getting a Real tattoo!

I'm already drawing my Real Madrid tattoo but I have said since two years ago that I'll only get one when we win Champions League. Join me brother, get a tattoo if we win the Champions League as well! :D

bjaelke

Bookies actually usually make money when the favourite loses, unless it's something there's no way they accounted for (like Greece winning the Euros).

Except they didn't in this case. There was an article this morning with someone from bet365(?) talking about the match and the different scenarios.

Unfortunately we can't finish second. I would have loved to have seen the world's meltdown had that been on the cards though. :p

We can and we will. I don't want to hear otherwise.

Seriously though, If Chelsea go through I think i'll be more nervous in the final than most Chelsea fans haha. Provided we finish 4th of course.

Top Bottom