• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

rvy

Banned
You can see that there's an insane amount of tension and competition between the two. They are not rivals only in the sport but also in the companies they endorse (Nike vs Adidas, etc.).

FIFA vs PES.
KuGsj.gif

And exhausted.

Tons of quality on the bench. And most Madrid players shouldn't be having those types of problems.

clemenx

Banned
If Ronaldo scores against Mallorca he would have scored against the 19 teams in La Liga.

THE FUCKING BEAST

Good thing he can't break the record which is scoring against 20 teams by the real Ronaldo. (La Liga used to have 22 teams)

Btw that season 95-96 Season by Ronaldo is still miles away more impressive than whatever Messi and Cristiano have done the last 2 years. Miss o Gordo <3

Dinokill

Do you guys think Messi can miss out on the Ballon D'or this season?

He did not deserve to win the second one to begin with but he will probably win the next 10 Ballon D'or now that is just no more than a popularity contest. Its a joke now.

Good thing he can't break the record which is scoring against 20 teams by the real Ronaldo. (La Liga used to have 22 teams)

Btw that season 95-96 Season by Ronaldo is still miles away more impressive than whatever Messi and Cristiano have done the last 2 years. Miss o Gordo <3

What if CR scores an own goal?

Kyoufu

Well Fat Ronaldo is a legend. I don't even want to compare him to Messi. Both are legends.

Lightning

Banned
I want 3rd now. We can get 3rd. We will spank Wigan and Stoke will troll Arsenal. After next weekend, we will still have a game in hand compared with Le Arse.
Good luck... we don't have Man City, Chelsea and an away game to Everton to play. You may finish 3rd but good luck winning all our remaining games...

Blackhead

Redarse
Hala Madrid!

7099750195_31f7dff13c_o.gif

Who said he doesn't step up to the big games? ;)
what's ronaldo saying? (In spanish and english please)

Did ronaldo win anything for that 95-96 season?

Kyoufu

Good luck... we don't have Man City, Chelsea and an away game to Everton to play. You may finish 3rd but good luck winning all our remaining games...

You lost to Wigan. I'd be worried about the rest of your fixtures.

Especially with RVP deciding the next goal he scores is in a City shirt.

Pachimari

Do you guys have a GIF or video of Pepe showing the culés the Real Madrid crest while showing them the finger? I hear reports of that, so I wanted to see it.

IceCold

FIFA vs PES.
KuGsj.gif

Tons of quality on the bench. And most Madrid players shouldn't be having those types of problems.

This is the full list from goal.com

The comparisons between Ronaldo and Messi have been made constantly ever since the two started to shine at Manchester United and Barcelona. It began as a soccer rivalry but has since transferred to all aspects of their lives. There are university courses which analyze and compare their exposure in the media, and there is even a brand war. Cristiano endorses Nike, Messi Adidas; Cristiano wears Armani, Messi wears Dolce & Gabbana; Cristiano has a Time Force watch while Messi’s is Audemars Piguet; when it comes to what they put in their cars, the Portuguese uses Castrol while the Argentine prefers Repsol; and &#64257;nally, the Blancos No. 7 drinks Soccerade, while the Blaugrana No. 10 drinks Gatorade.

Crazy shit. I don't think there has never been such a strong rivalry in the sport and never has there been 2 players that have dominated it to their extent at the same time.

Lightning

Banned
You lost to Wigan. I'd be worried about the rest of your fixtures.

Especially with RVP deciding the next goal he scores is in a City shirt.
I am worried... which is why I am not prasing Arsenal quite so much...

And RVP ain't going to City. Nice bait though...

Fantomex

If there was any blame,it has to fall on Pep. Tello was told to slash the sidelines and cross it. Um who was he expected to cross it to with no true forwards up front? But he is an excellent coach, hindsight sucks. I still love all our players, we were missing fighting spirit terribly. But this is a good thing if channeled correctly against Chelsea. Congrats again Madrid.

Turok_TTZ

Excellent win. but concerned we may have wasted too much energy... Bayern rested most of their key players. Bayern is the bigger threat.

tzare

Congratulations to Madrid fans. We did not play well, today in fact this whole season has been irregular from us, and madrid deserves la liga.

I hope we can improve and try to win CL though. But i don't have many hopes.

aeroslash

What a disgrace of match have Barça played.

I'm a Barça supporter and it's been one of the worst games of this season. The passing was not there, Tello and Thiago haven't played at all and as usual, when Pep makes some changes it is already too late. Congratulations to Madrid fans for the league!

Anyway, i'm not expecting Barça to win on tuesday vs Chelsea now (at least not passing to the final). I'm sure players are now in a very bad mood as this was the last chance to win la liga.

Carbonox

We can get a result off Chelsea and I don't fear Everton at all.

Man City is the toughest fixture though but we'll be at home and we're more than capable of getting a draw out of them but beating them will require parking the bus for most of the game and leaving Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa to providing the counter attack.

Paracelsus

I hope Real Madrid has the same physical strenght as tonight when they play the finals because unless it's Chelsea I doubt they can do it again.

Rad-

What a disgrace of match have Barça played.

I'm a Barça supporter and it's been one of the worst games of this season. The passing was not there, Tello and Thiago haven't played at all and as usual, when Pep makes some changes it is already too late. Congratulations to Madrid fans for the league!

Anyway, i'm not expecting Barça to win on tuesday vs Chelsea now (at least not passing to the final). I'm sure players are now in a very bad mood as this was the last chance to win la liga.

Eh I dunno. I think Barca should be even more fired up because they only have CL now.

Top Bottom