• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

panty

(ratings based on match stats)

KgzG8.png

Messi 7.4? Hahahahahaha, sure, whatever.

WrikaWrek

Banned
I'm as surprised as everyone, although he could have managed better when he had the ball.

He nullified Alves.

Yeah completely agree. I was impressed.

And talks about a tired team? It's all fud people, sorry. Info had been coming out that Ozil for example was too exhausted to play against Barça...he started.

Unless a team is short on options and rotation wasn't dully applied during the season, then there's really not much to worry about. Mou handled that well enough me thinks.

Clegg

I think Messi is nailed on for the Ballon D'or.

He has had a phenomenal season and not even Ronaldo has been as good.

But then again, Messi won the award in 2010 when he didn't deserve it.

Lightning

Banned
We can get a result off Chelsea and I don't fear Everton at all.

Man City is the toughest fixture though but we'll be at home and we're more than capable of getting a draw out of them but beating them will require parking the bus for most of the game and leaving Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa to providing the counter attack.
You're confident. Good luck but of you think travelling to Chelsea and Everton and winning those games, which you will need to do, is going to be easy then good on you.

We only have Stoke, Norwich (Home game) and away to West Brom. All very winnable and nothing like the shit fixtures you guys have.

WrikaWrek

Banned

Discussion about Ballon D'Or is premature at best.

There's an European cup in the Summer, and the 1st half of next season. Any player right now has all the time they need to win it.

Kyoufu

You're confident. Good luck but of you think travelling to Chelsea and Everton and winning those games, which you will need to do, is going to be easy then good on you.

We only have Stoke, Norwich (Home game) and away to West Brom. All very winnable and nothing like the shit fixtures you guys have.

We all know you and Spurs have the easiest fixtures, but neither you nor Spurs are on the form that we are, so we can only be confident, while you worry you won't pull another Wigan and Spurs won't...well... lol

Rad-

Its been mentioned already but Sneijder, Iniesta or Xavi probably should have won it that year.

Sneijder would have actually won it if it had been the old format. It's a shame they changed it, the old format was more interesting imo.

Khrno

HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW_xlarge.jpeg

Not even Ronaldo? Yet he has the better numbers so far. The CL final will be the deciding factor, given the weird chance of a Chelsea-Bayern final, it'll be decided by the winner of la Liga.

And Sneijder should have been the 2010 Fifa Ballon d'Or.

Gawaian

Oh well, congrats Madrid fans. It wasn't a pretty game but your players got the job done. Our players look very tired and Messi is the only one on the team who can score and when he is marked by 3 or 4 players scoring becomes a titanic task. Am I the only one who thought Guardiola had given the league up when he didn't do any substitutions at the beginning of the second half?

Lightning

Banned
I see us beating Man City.

They're not some invincible team. Others have beaten them too. Their away record isn't too good either.
I can tell you now, if Man City get a good result at the derby and are only 2points off the title they will go to Newcastle and throw the kitchen sink at you. Better pray for a Utd victory to deflate them.

And I cannot see Newcastle going to the Bridge and beating Chelsea, I really cant. Travelling to Everton will be tough as well.

Clegg

Not even Ronaldo? Yet he has the better numbers so far. The CL final will be the deciding factor, given the weird chance of a Chelsea-Bayern final, it'll be decided by the winner of la Liga.

And Sneijder should have been the 2010 Fifa Ballon d'Or.
Nothing I said was wrong. Messi has 62 goals and Ronaldo has 54. If you want to talk about superior numbers then Messi is ahead.

And I've already that mentioned that someone else should have won the Ballon D'or in 2010.

Toddle on.

Rad-

Ronaldo 42 goals, Messi 41 goals in the league. With 4 games to go for both. Imagine if either one breaks 50. If not now, then I can see that happening next season.

Kyoufu

I can tell you now, if Man City get a good result at the derby and are only 2points off the title they will go to Newcastle and throw the kitchen sink at you. Better pray for a Utd victory to deflate them.

And I cannot see Newcastle going to the Bridge and beating Chelsea, I really cant. Travelling to Everton will be tough as well.

Title race could be over soon so yeah.

Wigan almost beat Chelsea if it wasn't for the unicef linesman so I'm sure we can give it a good go. I don't see what makes Chelsea so good (except for their immense luck in everything) that we can't beat them.

As for Everton... well they can't even beat a struggling, flailing Liverpool team so I'm not really too worried about that.

I do think we have to beat Wigan to keep the form going or this whole dicussion is pointless.

After a bit of reflection after calming down, my thoughts are:-

Ozil continues to be Madrid's most important player - he was amazing tonight, massive work-rate, phenomenal range of passing - the veritable definition of "team-player"

Ronaldo really stood up to be counted, great take for his goal, work-rate was good and was a constant outlet.

Ramos had a damn good game and finally din't get sent off.

Coentrao repaid Mourinho's faith in sticking with him - he actually had great defensive game, kept Alves pretty quiet. Still needs to sort out his hair tho...

Benzema looked pretty tired, but led the line ok, thought he should have passed when we had 4 v 2.

Arbeloa was his usual solid unsung self.

Di Maria needs to be sold to Liverpool (or some other team that buys numpties for silly money)
What a Grade-A cunt. I just don't get Anastacio saying that Di Maria is "fundamental" to Madrid, fuck that - he was injured, Kaka satrted to tick, we played great - he's come back and been a complete disruption; greedy,no right foot, terrible 'headless-chicken' excuse for defending, embarassing, shameful diving and the occasional wonder-goal to offset. Can't stand him, he's a fuck-nugget of the highest order - sure he does assist now and again, but Kaka or Callejon would have similar assists in his position.

Surprised that people are thinking that Madrid will be tired come Wednesday; I don't think y'all have any idea how energised the team will be getting that psychological monkey off their back.

i was worried if we got beat tonight then the Bayern game became so much harder - if I was Bayern I would be getting worried right now, the Madrid team that steps on to the pitch at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday will be DRENCHED in ADULATIOn, and will be unstoppable IMO, they have been majestic at home this season with the exception of Barca and Valencia.

Bring it, but I expect a Real demonstration of how good and clinical Madrid can be

Carbonox

Of course we can beat Chelsea at the Bridge. They're gonna be shattered and I wouldn't be surprised if they lost a bunch of players to injury. Look at their next games:

Tuesday - Barcelona
Sunday - QPR
Wednesday - Newcastle

Plus they played today, and they played mid-week just gone.

The run in for them is brutal and they will suffer for it. QPR is gonna battle like no tomorrow against Chelsea due to them wanting to stay up. Then they face a team with our capabilities not long after and it will be extremely difficult for them. They don't have great depth either as their subs bench usually includes wasters like Kalou or Malouda. Whereas we don't have to worry about stupid fixture lists with bunched matches.

Khrno

Nothing I said was wrong. Messi has 62 goals and Ronaldo has 54. If you want to talk about superior numbers then Messi is ahead.

And I've already that mentioned that someone else should have won the Ballon D'or in 2010.

Toddle on.

Guess you are totally right, it'll just be 2010 all over again, even if Messi doesn't even travel to Munich.

Top Bottom