• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Sloosha

I like all the Newcastle fans in this thread. Almost feel bad that we are going to win the CL.

You have nothing to worry about

Lightning

Banned
People told me not to worry about Wigan.
That Wigan result was a real disappointment, I couldn't believe it, but that is not reason to lose faith and confidence when we are this close. There are only 3 games remaining, we win 2 out of 3 with a draw and we'll finish 3rd. I will bet my house on that.

Still think Barca are slight favorites but only just. Yes, I think it's more than possible for Chelsea to go through and even beat Barca at Nou Camp.

Chelsea needs to score a goal and that won't (hardly) happen again with just one shoot. Playing like Chelsea did may work once, but It won't work twice.

Edit: Of course Barça may be particularly dense like today, then you might be able to do it.

Robin Van Who?

Mlmfy.jpg

pulga

Banned
Fucking finally Madrid-GAF. Mathematically we're not champions yet, but sure feels so. Who's getting drunk tonight celebrating the victory?

Sleepy

Just finished watching the game. Thank fuck Ronaldo scored. I can't wait to rub this win in my co-worker's face on Monday. So good.

And what the fuck is wrong with Arsenal, RVP? All guns blazing, and then "poof," back to being shit.

BigBoss

hello.

Ribbing aside, are you okay with the result? Madrid deserved to win??

Madrid deserved to win no doubt, they took their chances and Barcelona didn't. I feel Messi has to do too much right now, it seems every goal opportunity involves Messi having to dribble through multiple defenders and laying it off to a teammate so they can miss an easy goal. That Xavi miss in the first half was inexcusable, in these last 2 matches I don't remember one time when Messi has been given the ball in a position to score.

Madrid deserved to win no doubt, they took their chances and Barcelona didn't. I feel Messi has to do too much right now, it seems every goal opportunity involves Messi having to dribble through multiple defenders and laying it off to a teammate so they can miss an easy goal. That Xavi miss in the first half was inexcusable, in these last 2 matches I don't remember one time when Messi has been given the ball in a position to score.

Well it was partly Casillas "fault" that ball didn't entered. I'm very happy with Casillas today, great match.

Also About Messi he's forced to stay too much around the middle of the field. When he's in God mode that's great but when he has a more gray day like today the team suffers too much.

Pachimari

Hehe, plus points for sticking with him - you aren't Argentinian by any chance?

I suppose in some way I can admit to bias, because I'm a big Kaka fan, the way he destroyed Man U & Celtic almost single handed in 2007 Champions League, he was my favourite player in the world at that point (bar Raul of course!)

He's being showing little glimpses of that player he was this season, and Dive Maria has interrupted that return, so it galls me!

Especially this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZuOgm7H9r0

Love Ronaldo's reaction - he's deffo thinking 'feckin cunt, stop upstaging me!'
I'm not Argentinian and I'm not a "fan" of anyone. I'm a fan of our shirt, our crest and the madridismo. Whoever fights for our shirt I'll support. Di Maria is fantastic and important and so is Kaká.

rififi

Fucking finally Madrid-GAF. Mathematically we're not champions yet, but sure feels so. Who's getting drunk tonight celebrating the victory?

getting drunk? who says we can't already be drunk celebrating (even though it is still sort of light out where I am right now)

Kyoufu

I know. It's just I am very frustrated with our lack of results. We've blown an 8 point lead... it's just so damn annoying.

I like how cocky you've been acting the past two months. I for one enjoy baiting you into tears. :)

Anything can happen from now til the end of the season, but if we manage to take 3rd against all the odds then you can expect even more baiting.

I'm very happy with Casillas today, great match.
Think the whole defense (including Alonso and Khedira) were immense tonight Pepe made one howler (the square pass) but Iker bailed him out.

Ramos had a great game - one of his best actually. Coentrao and Arbeloa were both solid, no complaints.

Mourinho got it right playing Coentrao tonight - he did have a stinker against Munich, but Marcelo ALWAYS has a stinker against barca and does something stupid.

Only thing Mou got wrong for me was Di Maria - I know all the arguments about his defensive running, but that doesn't wash with me, he cant tackle worth a fuck and just runs about like a headless-chicken. When he doesn't have the ball he is useless, when he does have the ball he is still uesless, only slightly less so.

I'm a fan of our shirt, our crest and the madridismo.
Me too, and everytime I see Dive Maria step out in that shirt my heart dies a little. Not Worthy.

All IMO and of course YMMV.

He's just not a player I will ever want in my team - my home club is St Johnstone in the SPL, and I wouldn't even want Di Maria playing for us - seriously, even though his wage is probably more thans Saints put together!

Clegg

Manchester Evening News is reporting that Pogba is about to sign a new contract with United.

No idea if this is true or if its just paper speculation.

Think the whole defense (including Alonso and Khedira) were immense tonight Pepe made one howler (the square pass) but Iker bailed him out.

Ramos had a great game - one of his best actually. Coentrao and Arbeloa were both solid, no complaints.

Mourinho got it right playing Coentrao tonight - he did have a stinker against Munich, but Marcelo ALWAYS has a stinker against barca and does something stupid.

Only thing Mou got wrong for me was Di Maria - I know all the arguments about his defensive running, but that doesn't wash with me, he cant tackle worth a fuck and just runs about like a headless-chiken. When he doesn't have the ball he is useless, when he does have the ball he is still uesless, only slightly less so.

As I said Di Maria was doing great before the injury, for me he still have a lot of credit.

And the defense was superb today, Pepe showed that when he dosn't go crazy it's one of the best defenders in the world. And I think Coentrao did a decent match against Bayern, but today he was rocksolid.

Top Bottom