• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Clegg

I thought Uniteds defensive problems were put behind them but we've returned to the defensive howlers of December/January.

Fellaini scored a good volley but he was given way too much space and Pienaar just walked the ball into the net. Evra was nowhere he should have been defensively either. De Gea had no chance with any of the goals

Our attackers couldn't have done any more. Rooney, Welbeck and Nani were playing well and Scholes was running the show. SAF made the Jones substitution at the wrong time. He should have put him on and shut up shop right after United scored their fourth.

Today was a bottle job. We now have to go to City and Park the biggest bus in existence. Then we have to hope Newcastle do a job on them. And then we have to best Swansea and Sunderland. I can't see any of this happening.

Rad-

we f'd that one up. 4-4 and fergie takes scholes off for jones. well played Everton.

Want young and nani to start next week. Valencia's been pretty quiet past few games. today too.

Wolves to drop out of the PL today then...

Scholes didn't have the best of games defensively. Several marking errors in the box.

Anderson

Looks like next Monday could be the title decider sky want, if city take care of wolves and beat united, they'll be ahead on GD

Only the PL

I don't like Chicharito either. Not sure why, I guess other players do have their nicknames on the shirt but there's just something about it that irks me. I don't like the fact that Iniesta wears "A. Iniesta" either, why not just Iniesta? The most annoying one is Sanchez wearing "Alexis" though, that's some bullshit.

bjaelke

Maxi could be starting today.

Rumored lineup

reina johnson skrtel agger enrique spearing Henderson maxi kuyt suarez carroll

Salvadora

I don't like Chicharito either. Not sure why, I guess other players do have their nicknames on the shirt but there's just something about it that irks me. I don't like the fact that Iniesta wears "A. Iniesta" either, why not just Iniesta? The most annoying one is Sanchez wearing "Alexis" though, that's some bullshit.

What about Kun Aguero?

Kyoufu

I don't mind the Alexis one. Sanchez is a very common hispanic name.

Zabojnik

Shiiiiiit! Mundingayi, y u no fall for penalty?

Bologna scored too soon. :/ They'll get smashed in the second half.

How about that Palermo defending, eh WoodenLung? Should have put four of these in the back line.

Oil-Barrel.jpg

Didn't they refuse some other players nickname on the jersey right around the time they accepted Chicarito? I remember something like that annoying the shit out of me, other than that : I don't give a shit.

Fintan

I don't like Ruiz for Fulham having "Bryan".

TrueBlue

chris-kamara-unbelievable-jeff-t-shirt.jpg

I mean seriously. The results since Wednesday have been fantastic. What a few days of football. Title race back on? I think so! I love this sport sometimes.

What about Kun Aguero?
Hmm, well I love Kun so I guess I forgo that one. Also, the "Kun" is cool so maybe that's got something to do with it.

But also, he's been Kun Aguero for his whole career. I guess just like Ronaldinho was Ronaldinho and Kaka, Kaka etc. Players like Sanchez just changed randomly.

That said Chicharito has worn Chicharito for his whole career too (I think?).

Tbh, I have no idea, just a case by case basis lol

Yen

Giovanni Von Bronckhourst started wearing "Gio" while at Barca.
Suarez should put El Pistolero on his shirt, right, guys?

Messi

Sergio instead of busi and xavi instead of hernandes, David villa instead of villa. Pedro instead of Rodriguez. Dani alves instead of alves,What's your point :p

Sergio instead of busi and xavi instead of hernandes, David villa instead of villa. Pedro instead of Rodriguez. Dani alves instead of alves,What's your point :p
So many more reasons to hate Barca :p

Seriously though, those guys have worn those names for their whole career, I think in my mind that has something to do with it. Busquets should wear Busquets though, it's more unique than Sergio. Costs less to get it printed though :p

sohois

Giovanni Von Bronckhourst started wearing "Gio" while at Barca.
Suarez should put El Pistolero on his shirt, right, guys?

Maybe it's a Barca thing, like when players arrive they are given tests in diving, imaginary card waving, ref intimidation, etc. and if they fail to be dirty enough at those Barca decide to give them stupid nicknames on their shirts to make up for it.

Pheonix Fang said:
No Stevie? I wonder why.

Injured apparently. He hasn't been training this week.

GorillaJu

rTprM.jpg

HeDGs.jpg

gYIXy.jpg

cXPLS.jpg

I can't stand first names on jerseys. Nicknames for Brazilians or countries that have super long names makes sense. But instances like these bother me.

Messi

So many more reasons to hate Barca :p

Seriously though, those guys have worn those names for their whole career, I think in my mind that has something to do with it. Busquets should wear Busquets though, it's more unique than Sergio. Costs less to get it printed though :p

From what I remember busquets uses Sergio because of his dad

ElyrionX

Today was a bottle job. We now have to go to City and Park the biggest bus in existence. Then we have to hope Newcastle do a job on them. And then we have to best Swansea and Sunderland. I can't see any of this happening.

What. The. Fuck.

Why do we have to go to City and park the bus? We're not that sort of team. You think we are not good enough to win at City? If you do, you should stop calling yourself a United fan. I fully expect us to go out there and attack City right from the get-go because we are the fucking reigning champions and we are not going to give up the title without a hell of a fight.

And you also don't think we can beat two mid-table teams?

It's one fucking draw, people, and we are still six points ahead at the top of the table. Get some perspective for fuck's sake.

Top Bottom