• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Feorax

Confirmed lineup. Sterling shafted.

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Kuyt, Henderson, Spearing, Maxi, Suarez, and Carroll
Subs: Doni, Coates, Downing, Carragher, Bellamy, Shelvey, Kelly

So Kenny is going to focus on getting his cup final team gelled together.

Could do with Carroll getting a couple today to keep his confidence high.

From the BBC Live text:

"Our season has imploded at the wrong time. Our over-paid mercenaries do not have the spirit that "Citeh" do. Get SAF out and Mourinho in this summer."

:lol

Paracelsus

Rage exploding in Genova (Marassi Stadium) where supporters invaded the pitch after the coach decided to sub a fw for a defender.

Genoa is losing 0-4 and next is against AC Milan, they are one point away from being relegated.

Clegg

I can see I've annoyed some United fans with my pessimism but the Everton result has left me very apprehensive about the City game.

Our defence had been a strong point in recent months but we had a meltdown today. I fully expect City to attack Evras channel every chance they get.

Our forward play was good but we won't be given the same opportunities against City as we were today. SAF may instruct United to sit deeper and catch City on the break.

Damn Genoa.
KuGsj.gif

Budan is warming up for Palermo. THE WIN IS COMING

Meier

HOLY SHIT! Everton is amazing! 6:30 was too much for a game I didn't have to see but man do I wish I had seen it now! The derby next week is going to be insane...

I knew this was the one match other than us that could trip Man U up but 4-4? Crazy!

Controversy at the San Siro. Milan goal called back because of non-existent offside. And the ball crossed the line on a goal line clearance.

Marotta's hypno-eye at work?

JbP90.jpg

"No, disallow another one. Just to fuck with them. Oh and next week give them Tagliavento. Hahaha yeah, HAIL MOVEMENT!"

I can see I've annoyed some United fans with my pessimism but the Everton result has left me very apprehensive about the City game.

Our defence had been a strong point in recent months but we had a meltdown today. I fully expect City to attack Evras channel every chance they get.

Our forward play was good but we won't be given the same opportunities against City as we were today. SAF may instruct United to sit deeper and catch City on the break.
I don't think the Pessisim is unnatural at all. I can see Elyrion's point of view also. What's important for us is that the team are thinking Elyrion's way.

You can talk about the derby as much as you want, and people will. The build up will be massive assuming City go and get the job done this evening. But really, it's just going to come down to the night. Both teams will prepare massively and be right up for it. Atmosphere will be electric and it'll probably be a fine line that determines the result.

I expect United to go 4-3-3 and be cautious in possession because a draw is a good result for us.

I love how there are these parralel themes running in this thread re: pens and referee decision between the Serie A and PL.

Only difference is in Italy shit it actually fixed and corrupt.

Just kidding Yurt :p

Meier

Yeah I don't understand why he's not getting a run at all. They brought Tevez back ffs.
Dzeko didn't step up when the opportunity presented itself. I do feel for him since he played very well on the first half of the season but he's been in poor form for some time. The Tevez-Kun partnership is absolutely blistering right now. Mancini wouldn't dare mess with it.

TrueBlue

I don't think you're the one who's annoying them, more your team. It's okay to be nervous, especially if City beat Wolves. It'll be the same situation as when Chelsea played United at Old Trafford in the 09/10 season. Haven't been so nervous for a long time, it was literally or nothing.

K1LLER7

I agree with you, we don't normally tend to attack against big teams, usually we wait and counter in a 4-3-3, like againt arsenal. But it's not as effective since Ronaldo left. City should be favourites to win the game, and well we'll have to play alot better than we did today. They're at home and they seem to be getting back into flow of how they were at the start of the season. And having Tevez back is a major boost for them.

LOL Aquafresca on. Bologna thinks they can get another one? Good on them. Happy to see they aren't sitting back since they got nothing to play for.

Edit: As far as I've read about Genoa-Siena, fans were pissed off that they were losing by 4 goals so they threw smoke bombs and raided the pitch. Genoa really is shit.

Top Bottom